Super Handsome East River Livn''s Avatar

Default Luka, Giannis and Trae's ceiling?

Assuming they stay healthy and live up to their potential

Trae - Steve Nash top 26-30 player of all time

Giannis - Kevin Garnett top 21-25 player of all time

Luka - Magic Johnson top 1-5 player of all time

Agree or disagree?

Local High School Star

Default Re: Luka, Giannis and Trae's ceiling?

Quote Originally Posted by East River Livn'

Agree or disagree?
    Trae Young will be All-NBA 1st team and be a first ballot hall-of-famer. Idk where he'll rank all time, but I'd guess in the top 50.

Giannis can be a top 10 player ever, and if he gets his shot-making package more variety and improves his jumper overall, he can be the GOAT. He's got some serious flaws, but if he's legitimately a defensive anchor, primary ballhandler and can score 30 points a game, it doesn't matter.

Luka can be the greatest player ever, I've seen enough. Even if he never gets better if he sustains this for 10 seasons he's gotta be top 10 ever.

3-time NBA All-Star

I disagree. I think greek has a much higher ceiling than luka. Even though hes putting up all time great numbers and won a mvp and leads a winning team to the playoffs he still has alot of ereas to improve in. Luka on the other hand is pretty much already maxed out skill wise. Hes akready so skilled that i cant see him getting much better in any area really.

And i like kg and he was a great player but greek will crush him in everything. Stats, mvps, fmvps, chips you name it.

I also like luka but he'll never be on magics level. Yeah he'll put up insane stats like alot of people will in this era but he'll never dominate his competition like magic did and he wont win as many chips.

3-time NBA All-Star

Agree or disagree?

Luka will be top 5 all time only cuz his defense won't ever be top notch but he will get better defensively.

Trae is already putting up numbers Nash could only dream of. Trae will be closer to STEPH in terms of impact if he ever plays with the right talent around him.

Giannis has the chance to be the GOAT.. He isn't the passer Lebron is but he can do everything else at 7ft tall. He needs to start firing deep shots jump to get into the habit of taking them.

Super Handsome East River Livn''s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    I disagree. I think greek has a much higher ceiling than luka. Even though hes putting up all time great numbers and won a mvp and leads a winning team to the playoffs he still has alot of ereas to improve in. Luka on the other hand is pretty much already maxed out skill wise. Hes akready so skilled that i cant see him getting much better in any area really.
    Even if Luka doesn't improve at all, he's already basically at Giannis level now. Most MVP rankings have them at #1 and #2. Part of the GOAT discussion apart from stats is clutchness, I don't see Giannis having GOAT level clutchness. That's why Jordan is ranked number one and Magic and Bird are top 5 players despite being sub-elite defenders with others ranked below them with better stats. Luka has shown us he possesses assassin level clutchness which Gianniss will likely never have.

NBA rookie of the year

Trae Young is a much better scorer. Just look at difference in their single-season career-high in points.

http://bkref.com/tiny/wLMap

3-time NBA All-Star

Even if Luka doesn't improve at all, he's already basically at Giannis level now. Most MVP rankings have them at #1 and #2. Part of the GOAT discussion apart from stats is clutchness, I don't see Giannis having GOAT level clutchness. That's why Jordan is ranked number one and Magic and Bird are top 5 players despite being sub-elite defenders with others ranked below them with better stats. Luka has shown us he possesses assassin level clutchness which Gianniss will likely never have.
    Well offensively yeah luka is as good or probably a little better actually. Defensively its a different story. Greek is miles ahead of luka. This wasnt a thread about whos the best right now though it was about there ceilings. Again i can see greek getting alot better as his skilks catch up to his athleticism. Luks on the otherhand is already as skilled as you can pretty much get and i dont see him getting anymore athletic so i really cant see him getting any better. Thats not a bad thing btw. Hes already a top 5 in the league.