Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Lebron at age 25

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Lebron went to the basket a TON back then. Way more than KD. KD gets gifted these absurd foul calls on the rip-through move (see what he did to Parsons last night - something like that would have been a no-call in the 80's and 90's, hence guys could actually play him tighter and dictate the game to him defensively rather than him being able to have free reign).
    This.

LeBron James first seven seasons 27.8 PPG on 29.8 shot attempts (FG+FT)

Kevin Durant 27.2 PPG on 27.4 shots

I love how everyone with this agenda refuse to acknowledge the fact that Durant in fact DOES get fouled a million times more often when shooting jumpers compared to anyone else.

He's just simply a great shooter at 6'10'' with a high release who's often fading away, and midget defenders still think they can actually block the shot. He gets hit on the arm and wrist A LOT when shooting, both mid range and from 3pt range.

Players aren't disciplined enough to only foul him when driving to the basket. Had they only done "usual" fouls (like most fouls LeBron gets), his FTA would probably go from 9 to 5-6.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dannywpt
    I love how everyone with this agenda refuse to acknowledge the fact that Durant in fact DOES get fouled a million times more often when shooting jumpers compared to anyone else.

He's just simply a great shooter at 6'10'' with a high release who's often fading away, and midget defenders still think they can actually block the shot. He gets hit on the arm and wrist A LOT when shooting, both mid range and from 3pt range.

Players aren't disciplined enough to only foul him when driving to the basket. Had they only done "usual" fouls (like most fouls LeBron gets), his FTA would probably go from 9 to 5-6.
    u can call a foul on every play, doesnt mean you should

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

25 year old Lebron Drove to the rim 10 times a game back than.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by S13M
    LeBron James first seven seasons 27.8 PPG on 29.8 shot attempts (FG+FT)

Kevin Durant 27.2 PPG on 27.4 shots
    I just want to call this out as one of the dumbest things i've read today.

NBA Superstar

lmao @ people who think scoring at the rim = FT's. Durant had 3 FT's on technical foul shots alone yesterday. "BUT, BUT, HE DOESN'T SCORE AT THE RIM ON OPEN TRANSITION LAYUPS MORE, WHY DOES HE GO TO THE FT LINE SO MUCH!!???"

Westbrook scored basically all of his points at the rim in his 43pt finals game and only got 3 FTA. I didn't see yall complaining then.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    lmao @ people who think scoring at the rim = FT's. Durant had 3 FT's on technical foul shots alone yesterday. "BUT, BUT, HE DOESN'T SCORE AT THE RIM ON OPEN TRANSITION LAYUPS MORE, WHY DOES HE GO TO THE FT LINE SO MUCH!!???"

Westbrook scored basically all of his points at the rim in his 43pt finals game and only got 3 FTA. I didn't see yall complaining then.
    Durant is a piece of shit and that's final. End of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Again, it's not the amount of FT's he gets on the rip-through itself, but rather how it completely changes the way defenders can play him. If you don't see it (or don't know basketball enough to understand why this is the case), then I don't know what to say.
    This

But don't expect KG215 to get it. Every day is the ass licking day for him.

Quote Originally Posted by RightToCensor
    Jan 2014 posters already have 2000-3000 posts.
    n!gga 1200 ain't any better

Good college starter

But you're always complaining like a bitch about that game...

People don't bother defending Lebron because he can't shoot, is surrounded by better scorers, and flops any time somebody goes near him.

Durant on the other hand is a deadly shooter, so he gets hacked all the time, even on jump shots.

Seeing these statistics only serves to reinforce the obvious: Lebron is babied by the league, and needs ref help to prop his game up and protect their investment. Some referees seem to have grown annoyed by his constant flopping as of late and stopped giving him so many BS calls though.

Revisionist History. Over half of Westbrooks field goals came outside the paint. And watch the highlights of that game. He wasnt getting fouled because a majority of his shots were pull up jumpers.

Not to mention he went 4-20 in the next game and also shot 13 freethrows.

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035
    People don't bother defending Lebron because he can't shoot, is surrounded by better scorers, and flops any time somebody goes near him.

Durant on the other hand is a deadly shooter, so he gets hacked all the time, even on jump shots.

Seeing these statistics only serves to reinforce the obvious: Lebron is babied by the league, and needs ref help to prop his game up and protect their investment. Some referees seem to have grown annoyed by his constant flopping as of late and stopped giving him so many BS calls though.

Local High School Star Vienceslav's Avatar

Those were honest blue collar FTs!