Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Lebron at age 25

Banned

Jan 2014 posters already have 2000-3000 posts.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    LeBron -10 fta. Nobody was complaining then.
    Why would anyone complain, he was one of the best slashers of all time at age 25.

NBA rookie of the year

I seriously don't know how anyone could watch what Durant did to Parsons last night and NOT think that it's a JOKE that he gets calls like that. When you can't get up on a ballhandler and apply any sort of pressure (not on a live dribble because of the handchecking rules, and not when he's in triple-threat position either because of the BS "rip-through" move), it allows the offensive player to completely dictate the game to the defender rather than vice versa. Without that rip-through move, KD would actually have to, you know, CREATE SPACE (like every other player in history has had to do) using footwork, fakes etc. Instead, he continually gets bailed out on bogus calls.

The dude is good enough without it. With it - again, not just the calls or the rip-through in particular, but how much it changes how defenders can play him - he's unstoppable. Makes him look better than he is and inflates his percentages. And he's already plenty good without it.

Maybe because he's a 270 tank, one of the fastest players in the game that lives at the basket for a majority of the game?
    What should be surprising about that?

OP doesn't know the meaning of context.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

bron fans in full on deflection mode

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    bron fans in full on deflection mode
    Aren't you the guys that also said all Bron does is dunk? Hence "score at the basket" ? Guess were most fouls occur..

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Lebron went to the basket a TON back then. Way more than KD. KD gets gifted these absurd foul calls on the rip-through move (see what he did to Parsons last night - something like that would have been a no-call in the 80's and 90's, hence guys could actually play him tighter and dictate the game to him defensively rather than him being able to have free reign).
    Durant maybe gets 2 FTs once every two or three games using the rip through move. I don't like it when he does, but I still find it funny that people see it one game, pretend like or assume that he's doing it several times every single game, and use that as justification for their agenda.

Did he use the rip through move more than once last night? I missed all the first half and part of the third quarter and haven't had time to go back and watch the whole game, yet. Some games, yes, he does try to get FTs from it a couple of times per game, but it's still not something he does every game or anything.
    Last edited by KG215; 03-12-2014 at 09:50 AM.

I think Milbuck is on to something here.

Proof of the crab people conspiracy:

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Durant maybe gets 2 FTs once every two or three games using the rip through move. I don't like it when he does, but I still find it funny that people see it one game, pretend like or assume that he's doing it several times every single game, and use that as justification for their agenda.

Did he use the rip through move more than once last night? I missed all the first half and part of the third quarter and haven't had time to go back and watch the whole game, yet. Some games, yes, he does try to get FTs from it a couple of times per game, but it's still not something he does every game or anything.
    Again, it's not the amount of FT's he gets on the rip-through itself, but rather how it completely changes the way defenders can play him. If you don't see it (or don't know basketball enough to understand why this is the case), then I don't know what to say.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keno
    lebron at rim: 440-596
    durant at rim: 230-291

for comparsion, let's look at a season dwight howard averaged ten freethrow attempts per game.

dwight at rim: 400-537

so as you could see, lebron rightfully deserved all of his freethrows, if not more. while durant is just a jump shooting stick man flailing his arms all over the place and rip-throughing everywhere for his freethrows.
    straight ether for these tards

You guys are all salty because KD effortlessly puts up 40+ points almost on a nightly basis and the media is finally starting to realize this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KG215

he got 6-8 absolutely LAUGHABLE calls last night which was basically why they won.
    that being said the Thunder were the better team but its still disgusting.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Marlo_Stanfield
    he got 6-8 absolutely LAUGHABLE calls last night which was basically why they won.
    that being said the Thunder were the better team but its still disgusting.
    Which ones were laughable and not fouls.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    LeBron -10 fta. Nobody was complaining then.
    That's because the people who complain were only 9 years old at that time and didn't have access to the internet.