Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: So are we gonna pretend that the Grizzlies didn't destroy the Blazers?

Blazers are fine. They are still exceeding pre-season expectations, and holding down the 5th spot out West is impressive.

The West is going to come down to matchups. I mean, the top 2 seeds out West could end up playing the Grizzlies and Warriors in the first round.

Default Re: So are we gonna pretend that the Grizzlies didn't destroy the Blazers?

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Blazers are fine. They are still exceeding pre-season expectations, and holding down the 5th spot out West is impressive.

The West is going to come down to matchups. I mean, the top 2 seeds out West could end up playing the Grizzlies and Warriors in the first round.
    It's just ridiculous. Memphis, Phoenix, or Dallas could miss the playoffs...while the ****ing Bobcats and Hawks are making the playoffs in the East.

worse lower seeds anybody could face.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    It's just ridiculous. Memphis, Phoenix, or Dallas could miss the playoffs...while the ****ing Bobcats and Hawks are making the playoffs in the East.
    It's sick...if the Mavs make it. Then the 6 through 8 seeds all have legit teams capable of beating anyone...especially the Warriors and Grizzlies.

The Mavs/Suns don't have much upset potential imo, but with the Mavs you have a team of veterans that has been around the block before with a seasoned coach. That is not a team I'd want to face in the playoffs if they got hot...

Really hope we get to see all 3 make it. No hate on the Suns...they have had an amazing year and they would be fun to watch, but if they make it...my Mavs are out.

Learning to shoot layups

3rd seed in the east would be 10th seed out west.... lol
    Last edited by Bones_Jones; 03-12-2014 at 05:06 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Blazers need to pull their shit together or they will end up 8th seed. Grizzlies are no joke though. Marc Gasol makes all the difference in the world to that team.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    It's sick...if the Mavs make it. Then the 6 through 8 seeds all have legit teams capable of beating anyone...especially the Warriors and Grizzlies.

The Mavs/Suns don't have much upset potential imo, but with the Mavs you have a team of veterans that has been around the block before with a seasoned coach. That is not a team I'd want to face in the playoffs if they got hot...

Really hope we get to see all 3 make it. No hate on the Suns...they have had an amazing year and they would be fun to watch, but if they make it...my Mavs are out.
    Anything goes with playoff Dirk...

Eh, just falling back to where we really should be at after a ridiculous start. We never belonged at the top, I've said that all season. We never were contenders, the shots weren't going to drop at an insane rate all season. Our defense and bench just isn't good enough for us to be legit. Lets hope we can make some changes in the off-season.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

I know you're a genuine homer, a typically rational one. But, do you really think the Mavs can beat the Spurs, Thunder, or Clippers in a playoff series on the road?

Idk. Ellis has been pretty damn good as a Mav and Dirk has had an impressive bounce back year. Always liked Calderon, and Marion, despite his decrease in effectiveness defensively, is still pretty average, which is commendable considering his age. But, I see the Thunder and Clippers just running them into the ground, and the Spurs would likely out maneuver that defense in 6 games time.

Now. If they ended up facing the Blazers somehow in a rematch of that 2011 first round, then all bets are off entirely. Same with the Rockets - think the Mavs have the size to content with Dwight, though Harden would probably be other-worldly on the perimeter with Ellis predominantly guarding him.

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate

Is it just me, or did those push ups look way too hard for someone who is an elite, multi million dollar a year athlete?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    I know you're a genuine homer, a typically rational one. But, do you really think the Mavs can beat the Spurs, Thunder, or Clippers in a playoff series on the road?

Idk. Ellis has been pretty damn good as a Mav and Dirk has had an impressive bounce back year. Always liked Calderon, and Marion, despite his decrease in effectiveness defensively, is still pretty average, which is commendable considering his age. But, I see the Thunder and Clippers just running them into the ground, and the Spurs would likely out maneuver that defense in 6 games time.

Now. If they ended up facing the Blazers somehow in a rematch of that 2011 first round, then all bets are off entirely. Same with the Rockets - think the Mavs have the size to content with Dwight, though Harden would probably be other-worldly on the perimeter with Ellis predominantly guarding him.

Depends on how you "define" chance. Read my post...I specifically said I don't think the Mavs and Suns have much of a chance to upset anyone.

But any team as good offensively as the Mavs...with a proven playoff stud like Dirk...is dangerous. What if Ellis, Dirk, and Calderon get really hot for 5 games? What if Dalembert plays great?

Is it likely? Of course not, but the current Mavs are a pretty ****ing dangerous 8 seed if they make it.

I think we would have no chance against the Thunder, but some semblance of a slim chance against the Spurs and Clippers.

I just really worry about our team right now...even though we just beat the Blazers and Pacers. Dirk hasn't look very good these last 3 games and our defense is just very poor and takes so much effort out of each player that it wears on them noticeably...especially older players like Dirk and Marion.

It would be a real shame not to make the playoffs, but it's been an incredible ride of a regular season so far.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 03-12-2014 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Is it just me, or did those push ups look way too hard for someone who is an elite, multi million dollar a year athlete?
    Z-Bo be grindin'

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    Every time the Blazers have something going on for them it always fvcks up
    they should give Darius Miles a ten day contract.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Yes, we're going to pretend. None of those teams are a threat to the top 4 teams in the West.