Default How to develop a killer mentality?

I need to know how to have that killer mentality that im going to go out and just destroy the competition. I need to have that drive to push myself beyond limitations but how can I do this?

My friend is 5'9 about 193 lbs (I will probably say alot of it is fat though) but on the court this guy always amazes me. He makes most of his shots he takes games over. He DUNKS THE BASKETBALL. The only possible way he is able to do this is his Go hard killer mentality. Which is what I need.

Underdog

Default Re: How to develop a killer mentality?

You shouldn't go into a game saying "I can beat these guys." That will let your pride take over your game. You should go into a game being confident in your abilities, saying "I'm going to do the best I can." Concentrate on being balanced when jumping to shoot the ball, and watch your footwork.

your friend sounds alot like me..

yea but this guy should not be dunking or scoring the way he does. He smokes as a matter of fact and he quit playing ball for some time and only plays in his free time. It has to be his mentality that pushes himself beyond limitations

Quote Originally Posted by MannyO
    I need to know how to have that killer mentality that im going to go out and just destroy the competition. I need to have that drive to push myself beyond limitations but how can I do this?

My friend is 5'9 about 193 lbs (I will probably say alot of it is fat though) but on the court this guy always amazes me. He makes most of his shots he takes games over. He DUNKS THE BASKETBALL. The only possible way he is able to do this is his Go hard killer mentality. Which is what I need.
    your friend is 5'9 with 193 lbs of fat, and can dunk on a 10ft hoop? wow

Quote Originally Posted by Automajic23
    your friend is 5'9 with 193 lbs of fat, and can dunk on a 10ft hoop? wow
    yes im not even lying if you see him play its just insane. Today I played with him and he got the rebound bodied his way out into the fast break with 1 guy trailing him and he elevated and slammed it, ridiculous.

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

So he's an even smaller version of Chuck...?

Anyway, just go into the court thinking you're going to do your best. Thinking that you'll always win isn't really healthy, but you do need confidence to have a "killer mentality". Honestly, though, I don't have it. If you have a good look, take it. Think you can get this across the court? Do it. If you know you can make the uber amazing pass to that guy behind you (who is your teammate) the ball on the break? Pass it. Not saying that you should do everything for your team, but you should be confident enough in your skills.

comes with confidence, swag, etc. people usually develop this mentality when they are ready to play at the next level, when they are done ****in around, and realize its time to get down to business and start ****in some **** up.

yea I think it probably is the confidence and swag.

funny I have another friend the complete opposite who is like 6'1 (so atleast he's pretty tall) extremely skinny probably like 135 lbs or something and he is not strong he doesn't lift weights at all. But on the court he is a beast some how he doesn't even have that much speed but he can just get by his man easily and score with contact.

5-time NBA All-Star

Watch DragonBall z, Godfather II, and No Country For Old Men.

Imitate ANton Chigurh, Vegeta, and Michael Corleone.

Profit.

Practice by murdering some prostitutes?

Confidence, heart, and skill. If you have all 3 of those and practice on them daily, your killer mentality will follow.

Banned

You're just that way, or you aren't. No way to develop it.

I rule the local playground Svendiggity's Avatar

I think all 5 guys on the floor feed off each others emotion. When your friend makes a good play chest bump him, slap a high five, blurt out some cuss words. Anything to keep you and your teammates focused and playing for each other.