Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast
    King of Chicago DRoseOwnsACamry's Avatar

Default NBA 2K11 Association Mode

My Player and Jordan Mode have their own threads, so I think that Association mode should have one.

I don't have the game yet, but I will in a few days, and I have some questions;
    Can you retire numbers in this game? When you win a championship, does a banner go up? Is the "defending champions" bug fixed(where no matter what year it is in association, the pre-game announcer says that the Lakers are still the defending champs, even though they may not have won in years)? Are there no more dark silhuottes as pictures for in-game drafted rookies when you look at rosters?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease m y t i n's Avatar

Default Re: NBA 2K11 Assosciation Mode

Quote Originally Posted by DRoseOwnsACamry
    My Player and Jordan Mode have their own threads, so I think that Association mode should have one.

I don't have the game yet, but I will in a few days, and I have some questions;
    Can you retire numbers in this game? When you win a championship, does a banner go up? Is the "defending champions" bug fixed(where no matter what year it is in association, the pre-game announcer says that the Lakers are still the defending champs, even though they may not have won in years)? Are there no more dark silhuottes as pictures for in-game drafted rookies when you look at rosters?
    I don't know about the retired numbers, championship banners but I do know that the defending championships bug is fixed. There's no more dark silhouettes in the rosters but when you are playing, like making a sub the in-game rookies have a silhouette.

Something I like in the Association is that the simulated stats really reflect real life stats a lot better than NBA 2K10 imo but the only problem is that assists are way too low. Chris Paul had like 9, D-will had 8, Rondo JUST had 9 and Steve Nash had like 8. Nobody in the NBA cracked 10 assists per game with simulated stats.

Other than that everything is great, a lot more new features like the draft day where you it is presented as an actual draft and its also possible to trade picks. Trades are easier to make now with player finder and the 'trading block' in previous 2K games is gone and the new addition is the trade finder. Just pick a player and instantly there is many suggestions for a possible trade.

Gameplay is as good as ever and Association is a lot more addictive than My Player as well. My Player is so hard this year, so I'm going to keep playing Association until I get the hang of the game, like at the end of the year.

Local High School Star KelticForce1349's Avatar

Default Re: NBA 2K11 Assosciation Mode

Quote Originally Posted by m y t i n
    I don't know about the retired numbers, championship banners but I do know that the defending championships bug is fixed. There's no more dark silhouettes in the rosters but when you are playing, like making a sub the in-game rookies have a silhouette.

Something I like in the Association is that the simulated stats really reflect real life stats a lot better than NBA 2K10 imo but the only problem is that assists are way too low. Chris Paul had like 9, D-will had 8, Rondo JUST had 9 and Steve Nash had like 8. Nobody in the NBA cracked 10 assists per game with simulated stats.

Other than that everything is great, a lot more new features like the draft day where you it is presented as an actual draft and its also possible to trade picks. Trades are easier to make now with player finder and the 'trading block' in previous 2K games is gone and the new addition is the trade finder. Just pick a player and instantly there is many suggestions for a possible trade.

Gameplay is as good as ever and Association is a lot more addictive than My Player as well. My Player is so hard this year, so I'm going to keep playing Association until I get the hang of the game, like at the end of the year.

I luv the fact that if you win a championship you see the team at the White House and get pictures taken with President Obama! YES!!!! 2K really did an amazing job this year!

Default Re: NBA 2K11 Association Mode

Team:Raptors

Goal: Eastern Conference Finals(It doesnt take me seasons to rebuild in association mode.)

My plan? God knows where I start. I want to make Bargnani a legit 1st/2nd option in this season. I traded calderon+a draft pick for Mo Williams. I traded some two scrubs(cant remember his name) for a draft pick. Signed Alston and Dampier.

After a couple games, I now know for a fact that bargs needs help. The Young Guns are cool, but when they are in, there is no one to kick it out except Mo. No space or options for Bargs.

Now I'm deciding whether I should try to take on Gilbert Arenas' contract because Washington is open to trading him for not that much.

My starting lineup right now...

PG-Mo Williams
    SG-Demar Derozan
    SF-Kleiza(2k f*cked me over, he should be 70+)
    PF-Bargs
    C-Dampier

I want a little more scoring off the bench though, that is where I need to clean house and get some capable players.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    Team:Raptors

Goal: Eastern Conference Finals(It doesnt take me seasons to rebuild in association mode.)

My plan? God knows where I start. I want to make Bargnani a legit 1st/2nd option in this season. I traded calderon+a draft pick for Mo Williams. I traded some two scrubs(cant remember his name) for a draft pick. Signed Alston and Dampier.

After a couple games, I now know for a fact that bargs needs help. The Young Guns are cool, but when they are in, there is no one to kick it out except Mo. No space or options for Bargs.

Now I'm deciding whether I should try to take on Gilbert Arenas' contract because Washington is open to trading him for not that much.

My starting lineup right now...

PG-Mo Williams
    SG-Demar Derozan
    SF-Kleiza(2k f*cked me over, he should be 70+)
    PF-Bargs
    C-Dampier

I want a little more scoring off the bench though, that is where I need to clean house and get some capable players.

Trade Bargs and Kleiza , Your System doesnt make any sense.

BTW Association has a lot of bugs right now, like generated rookies being too good and having too much potential that causes the CPU not to trade after year 1 or 2. HCA is ridiculous as teams sans a couple have ridiculously bad road records in the regular season and playoff series's usually end up going 7 with each home team winning huge. A lot of good free agents are left unsigned. Just a bunch of crap.

I'm *holds fingers up* this close to being done with the game. Play association on superstar for a while and you will see how defense is still trivial in this game.

When playing Miami, Bosh was 11/13(the two he missed I blocked) with 33 pts. I had everyone from AK47 to Ben Wallace on the dude, he couldn't miss.

Anomaly?

Hell no.

Any good post player can drop 40/20/10 at will on my New Orleans Hornets. Double teams dont affect the shot, contesting doesnt decrease the percentage at all.

My new team:

PG:CP3/ Pargo
    SG:Thornton/Ariza
    SF:AK47/ Miles
    PF:West/ Admunson
    C: Okafor/Wallace

That is a great team. Overall 90. I've been simming and we are 8-19.

Look at all those defenders, we are a middle of the road defensive team even though our weakest defenders are either West/Miles. SMH.

I've been trying sliders and I cannot find good ones. I cant believe I still have to do this shit.

owwwww

why can I only control one player when I play the game? is that supposed to happen? When I go to play my game (with Thunder) it doesn't let me switch players, the only one I can be is Sefolosha. It's kind of like My Player, but I thought you got to control the entire team in this mode.

I haven't gotten the game yet, but out curiousity, did they make the option avaiable for you to create your player in myplayer mode and have your player be able to play in associate mode? i was asking them to have the option to pickup my player as a free agent or undrafted rookie made available in association mode.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    why can I only control one player when I play the game? is that supposed to happen? When I go to play my game (with Thunder) it doesn't let me switch players, the only one I can be is Sefolosha. It's kind of like My Player, but I thought you got to control the entire team in this mode.
    Hey man, this happened to me last year sometimes. Somehow, in 2K10, my "preferred position" would get switched from "none" to any other given position (in your case, "shooting guard"). This can be changed somewhere in the options but I cannot recall exactly where (maybe Controller Options). You just need to keep out for a tabbed called "Preferred Position" then click it to none.

I hope that helps.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    go to your settings, i can't remember which and change your preferred position to all. same happened to me after playing my player. its nice that its back though, was fun to use in 2k8 and they didn't have it in 2k9 or 2k10

Banned

2nd Season , GS Warriors Rebuilded the TEAM , Traded alot of players and signed alot of players, if this team existed in the NBA , it would beat the mess out of the lakers and HEAT.

I didnt Use Forced Trade And ETC that gets good players,

Roster :

Monta Ellis
    John Wall
    Amare Stud
    Ekpe Udoh
    Jerryd Bayless
    Wes Mathews
    Matt Barnes
    Glen Davis
    James Posey
    Marquis Daniels
    Tyson Chandler
    Chris Andersen
    Ammo

I have alot of ROLE PLAYERS I might have to trade them though , I need to keep my Roster Solid but I need to get rid of Tyson and Marquis or who ever , I need to limit my Role Player to 3-4 or Even 5.

I need some advice!

Trade Bayless and BUMP Mathews To PG?
    Put Barnes or Posey To SG and Keep AMMO On SF?

I need to think ahead and have a plan before I Start making decisions.

Im kinda stuck right now , tryna get some decent players.

I only get players that I know how they play.. like MY BACK COURT RIGHT NOW IS OFF THE CHAIN.

I Traded David Lee And Biedrins for Amare which was kinda stupid.
    Last edited by Kobe8; 10-20-2010 at 01:09 AM.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease m y t i n's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    I'm *holds fingers up* this close to being done with the game. Play association on superstar for a while and you will see how defense is still trivial in this game.

When playing Miami, Bosh was 11/13(the two he missed I blocked) with 33 pts. I had everyone from AK47 to Ben Wallace on the dude, he couldn't miss.

Anomaly?

Hell no.

Any good post player can drop 40/20/10 at will on my New Orleans Hornets. Double teams dont affect the shot, contesting doesnt decrease the percentage at all.

My new team:

PG:CP3/ Pargo
    SG:Thornton/Ariza
    SF:AK47/ Miles
    PF:West/ Admunson
    C: Okafor/Wallace

That is a great team. Overall 90. I've been simming and we are 8-19.

Look at all those defenders, we are a middle of the road defensive team even though our weakest defenders are either West/Miles. SMH.

I've been trying sliders and I cannot find good ones. I cant believe I still have to do this shit.
    Yeah I play on Superstar as well and whenever I verse the Heat, Chris Bosh always lights me up on god-like efficiency but he's never scored more than 30 on me. Maybe it is because I lowered his shot tendency and touches. I noticed that they always run this particular play where bosh gets the mid-range J due to an off ball screen and it is always money when I don't contest it.

I have no idea why your simulated wins are so low. My Sacramento Kings seem to be fine. First season, was like 38-44 and my second season was 49-33 and they were roughly an 80+ team overall. Is it just me? Or is the simulated wins are unusually low for good teams? Heat won like only 50 something games and they were the number 1 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by m y t i n
    Yeah I play on Superstar as well and whenever I verse the Heat, Chris Bosh always lights me up on god-like efficiency but he's never scored more than 30 on me. Maybe it is because I lowered his shot tendency and touches. I noticed that they always run this particular play where bosh gets the mid-range J due to an off ball screen and it is always money when I don't contest it.
    I have no idea why your simulated wins are so low. My Sacramento Kings seem to be fine. First season, was like 38-44 and my second season was 49-33 and they were roughly an 80+ team overall. Is it just me? Or is the simulated wins are unusually low for good teams? Heat won like only 50 something games and they were the number 1 seed.
    That f*cking play is the GOAT play. I've been messing the sliders because even when it was contested he was making it. It's all good now.

Now my team is 30-22 and the fifth seed in the West. 7.5 games back of the number one seeded lakers and I'm coming for that spot. If I would have adjusted the 3pt shooting earlier I would have been 31-21.

I'm playing against the C's in Boston and I am getting eaten alive by Pierce and Allen in the first half. It was like 50-27 at halftime and I come all the way back. It's 74-74 with 32 seconds left and Allen hits a clutch three beating the shot clock. 74-77. So I have eight seconds left. My plan is to get a three up immediately and try to get the offensive rebound if I miss. CP3 comes off the screen beautifully and get the ball right at the top of the key. Perfect release. Money right? Wrong, he bricked it but hold on a minute Okafor slams it in with 4 secs left. 76-77. I try to deny Ray Allen the ball, didnt work, I foul him and he makes them both. 76-79.Timeout. Same play again, CP3 wide open, Rondo got crushed by Okafor's screen. Brutal. Perfect release and another brick to end the game.

Had a cinderella run, lost in the Finals to the Heat in 6.

I beat UTAH, SA and OKC in seven games each(this game is no easy thing) and got demolished by the heat.

I know the player roles and morale is nothing new, but those are destroying my team.

Delonte West/AK47/Gray/Wallace all want out. Actually, Wallace retired. Three of my best defenders are going to be gone.