Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: vince carter to ref: "Don't call me boy"

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Evidently, Yes. I wrote that on January 3rd at 9.16 AM. You replied today at 7PM, January 5th. Almost 4 days have passed and it was probably on like the 6th page of this forum, yet you had to bump it cause you're stubborn.
    Actually, I was out of town for the weekend. It's pretty normal I think to check the threads that show up as new when you come back from being away from the board.

It's a neat little feature. You should try it.

Mathius

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius
    Actually, I was out of town for the weekend. It's pretty normal I think to check the threads that show up as new when you come back from being away from the board.

It's a neat little feature. You should try it.

Mathius
    Anything that's past the first page, I don't care anymore. Don't have the obstinacy, like others, to go back to see if anyone responded to my old posts. After being here for 6 years, you learn that no one really cares what you think even if you're persistent with your points over and over.

In the end, it just seems like more work and effort that I would want to put in for an internet message board that I'm not being rewarded for any fashion.

But who am I to judge? Continue to dig through the past. It must be like a treasure hunt for you.

I've been following this thread and intially Mathius you talked about how VC should show some control and not let little words get him so worked up...yet you sound like you are going to implode because of someone's "words".

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raps4Life
    I've been following this thread and intially Mathius you talked about how VC should show some control and not let little words get him so worked up...yet you sound like you are going to implode because of someone's "words".
    Mathius is always like that. It doesn't take away from his opinions.

NBA lottery pick

That's because you're a retard who didn't bother to read the whole thread.

Self control also has to do with consequences. There are little consequences for getting upset on a message board, vs. getting thrown out of an NBA game, where you're being paid thousands of dollars.

Also, like I said, these are words. I don't insult people because I'm angry. I do it to degrade them because they're stupid. And you morons rise to the occasion again and again getting upset over stupid words, which just proves my point.

It's not that I'm a troll though. I don't do it to get a rise out of people. I do it because I feel stupid people should be pointed out as stupid. Nothing is more of waste of life to me than someone with poor logic.

I may not agree with your logic, but if you have an intelligent POV, and your posts are respectable I don't treat you like ass.

Guys like Gobb, RBP, RedBlackAttack, Thorp, etc. who can give opinions in a well thought out manner, in a respectable post, can disagree with me all day long and I'll probably never say one negative word to them.

But these other retards? Wastes of life.

Mathius

That's because you're a retard who didn't bother to read the whole thread.

Self control also has to do with consequences. There are little consequences for getting upset on a message board, vs. getting thrown out of an NBA game, where you're being paid thousands of dollars.

Also, like I said, these are words. I don't insult people because I'm angry. I do it to degrade them because they're stupid. And you morons rise to the occasion again and again getting upset over stupid words, which just proves my point.

It's not that I'm a troll though. I don't do it to get a rise out of people. I do it because I feel stupid people should be pointed out as stupid. Nothing is more of waste of life to me than someone with poor logic.

I may not agree with your logic, but if you have an intelligent POV, and your posts are respectable I don't treat you like ass.

Guys like Gobb, RBP, RedBlackAttack, Thorp, etc. who can give opinions in a well thought out manner, in a respectable post, can disagree with me all day long and I'll probably never say one negative word to them.

But these other retards? Wastes of life.

Mathius
    Okay, so if someone says something to your face, you are the example of self control, but if someone questions something you say on a message board, you lose it and respond by name calling? Wow!!

NBA lottery pick

Okay, so if someone says something to your face, you are the example of self control, but if someone questions something you say on a message board, you lose it and respond by name calling? Wow!!
    At what point anywhere did I say that I "lose it" ?

Again, retard, they are just words. Just because I call you a retard does not mean I am angry at you.

I simply called you a retard, because you can't comprehend a simple message typed on the internet.

Mathius

At what point anywhere did I say that I "lose it" ?

Again, retard, they are just words. Just because I call you a retard does not mean I am angry at you.

I simply called you a retard, because you can't comprehend a simple message typed on the internet.

Mathius
    Your vocabulary says that you are not a decent being. Most would use the disrespectful names when they are angry. You use them haphazardly with no thought of anyone but yourself. Decent humans show respect to others with their words. Hmm...perhaps the point of the post. Now I see why you side with the ref. You, like him, have no problem mouthing off to people and calling them elementary school names when you are protected. We all know you, like that ref would not dare say this without that covering of protection.

NBA lottery pick

Your vocabulary says that you are not a decent being. Most would use the disrespectful names when they are angry. You use them haphazardly with no thought of anyone but yourself. Decent humans show respect to others with their words. Hmm...perhaps the point of the post. Now I see why you side with the ref. You, like him, have no problem mouthing off to people and calling them elementary school names when you are protected. We all know you, like that ref would not dare say this without that covering of protection.
    I never said I was a decent human being, I said I was a logical one. I don't give a damn about your feelings.

And what protection is this you speak of? Anonymity? Are you suggesting I should be afraid to call you a retard to your face? Why? Gonna get angry and hit me? Prove my point?

Moron.

Mathius

I never said I was a decent human being, I said I was a logical one. I don't give a damn about your feelings.

And what protection is this you speak of? Anonymity? Are you suggesting I should be afraid to call you a retard to your face? Why? Gonna get angry and hit me? Prove my point?

Moron.

Mathius
    All I am saying is, some people talk differently on the internet than they would on the street. It doesn't even have to do with violence. If you were face to face with me on the street, you wouldn't dare call me juvenile names for little to no reason.

That ref wouldn't have called VC "boy" if he was on the street. He knows there is nothing VC could do and you know there's nothing I could do. Protection.

BTW, my feelings aren't hurt. I just have to look at the source of who's calling names. Juvenile names usually come from someone with a juvenile mindset. Usually kids call others names because they aren't liking their own life and need to make themselves feel better by belittling others. Maybe your dad didn't hug you enough. Maybe you got a few too many wedgies by the schoolyard bully.

NBA lottery pick

All I am saying is, some people talk differently on the internet than they would on the street. It doesn't even have to do with violence. If you were face to face with me on the street, you wouldn't dare call me juvenile names for little to no reason.
    Yeah, I'd call you a retard. Because you act like one.

That ref wouldn't have called VC "boy" if he was on the street. He knows there is nothing VC could do and you know there's nothing I could do. Protection.
    This is such a sh*t argument on your part.

I'm only going to say this one more time. You can't talk back to a ref on ANY level of play for ANY reason, period. They teach you this sh*t in grade school basketball.

If you talk back to a ref. YOU lose. Period.

It's about helping your team win, not worrying about your stupid pride, or saving face in front of your "boys."

I've pointed out many times in this thread that what the ref allegedly did was wrong, but VC's reaction was 10X worse.

And if you can't be bothered to go back and simply read these things that I've already said before probably 5X, then don't expect me to be all happy and cheerful when you make me repeat myself for the 6th time.

Retard.

BTW, my feelings aren't hurt. I just have to look at the source of who's calling names. Juvenile names usually come from someone with a juvenile mindset. Usually kids call others names because they aren't liking their own life and need to make themselves feel better by belittling others. Maybe your dad didn't hug you enough. Maybe you got a few too many wedgies by the schoolyard bully.
    I told you, I don't give a f*ck about your feelings. As far as I'm concerned, your pissing and moaning about my language just tells me that I'm just plain right and you don't have a better argument, so you're gonna cry and whine about me calling you a name instead.

Mathius
    Last edited by Mathius; 01-07-2009 at 12:40 PM.

Yeah, I'd call you a retard. Because you act like one.

This is such a sh*t argument on your part.

I'm only going to say this one more time. You can't talk back to a ref on ANY level of play for ANY reason, period. They teach you this sh*t in grade school basketball.

If you talk back to a ref. YOU lose. Period.

It's about helping your team win, not worrying about your stupid pride, or saving face in front of your "boys."

I've pointed out many times in this thread that what the ref allegedly did was wrong, but VC's reaction was 10X worse.

And if you can't be bothered to go back and simply read these things that I've already said before probably 5X, then don't expect me to be all happy and cheerful when you make me repeat myself for the 6th time.

Retard.

Mathius
    There's a level of human decency and professionalism that a referee is expected to follow. I won't explain it to you because it will go right over your head. However, you do need to realize there are human emotions involved. The kind of human emotions that make you resort to calling people juvenile names (You wouldn't know anything about that).

I have played basketball on many levels, even been a referee. I can guarantee you that if I ever used a derogatory word towards a player of ref, I would expect backlash. There's a level of professionalism that comes with the position that must be maintained. If you were talking to the President and asked him a simple question, and he replied "No, you retard", this would definitely stir up a bigger reaction than if some forum poster called you that from his mom's basement.

NBA lottery pick

There's a level of human decency and professionalism that a referee is expected to follow. I won't explain it to you because it will go right over your head. However, you do need to realize there are human emotions involved. The kind of human emotions that make you resort to calling people juvenile names (You wouldn't know anything about that).

I have played basketball on many levels, even been a referee. I can guarantee you that if I ever used a derogatory word towards a player of ref, I would expect backlash. There's a level of professionalism that comes with the position that must be maintained. If you were talking to the President and asked him a simple question, and he replied "No, you retard", this would definitely stir up a bigger reaction than if some forum poster called you that from his mom's basement.
    Boo f*cking hoo. You mouth off to a ref. You get ejected.

That simple.

If you can't add anything new to this discussion then shut the f*ck up.

Mathius

Boo f*cking hoo. You mouth off to a ref. You get ejected.

That simple.

If you can't add anything new to this discussion then shut the f*ck up.

Mathius
    hahahaha....simmer down.

I can see from your other posts that just get a kick out of arguing with other posters. You seem to have a different view of the world than everyone else. No wonder you think everyone else is a moron. Or are they? Alright, I'm done responding....you won't get it. I'm guessing you've never reffed, or nobody has ever trusted you in a position of authority, afraid you'll blow up and start spewing off school yard names at every person that doesn't agree with you.

Out.

Raps4life