Banned

Default How Trump won over a bar full of undecideds and Democrats

How Trump won over a bar full of undecideds and Democrats
    [QUOTE]
    Letosky entered the evening undecided in a town that is heavily Democratic in registration. Her sister and father are on opposite sides of the political aisle. Donald “Trump had the upper hand this evening,” she said, citing his command of the back-and-forth between him and Hillary Clinton.

Reed, 35, is a registered Democrat and small businessman. “By the end of the debate, Clinton never said a thing to persuade me that she had anything to offer me or my family or my community,” he said, sitting at the same bar that has boasted local icons as regulars, such as the late Fred Rogers, and Arnold Palmer, who had his own stash of PM Whiskey hidden behind newer bottles of whiskey for his regular visits.

“Have to say Trump had the edge this evening, he came out swinging but also talked about specifics on jobs and the economy,” Reed said.

The presidential debate plays on the television at the Tin Lizzy.Photo: Justin Merriman
    [B]
    Reed said Clinton came across as either smug or as though she was reading her r

Default Re: How Trump won over a bar full of undecideds and Democrats

The whole "Trump started strong on trade but Hillary carried the night" is a public relations meme that mainstream media junkies have already swallowed and spammed on here ad nauseam. It's like the "dark speech" psyop post-RNC all over again.

As a Trump realist I personally felt he should have been more consistently aggressive and interrupted fewer times during this first debate, but there's no doubt he "won" the debate and it wasn't close, as the voice of the people has already made clear. (I may be wrong to criticize him even on those wrinkles, as his team is usually 5 or 6 steps ahead of us at all times.)

Remember, Trump brought up actual realities the country faces and sounded like a real person, while Hillary sounded like a smug sociopath recycling marxian platitudes and coming off like a bench warmer for a lottery debate team.

(The irony is that from an Aristotelian, traditional method of assessing the "winner" of a debate, Hillary got an F for using the guilt by association argument which is a logical fallacy.)

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

You have to buy Hillary Clinton's book..which no one is buying since it's a major flop to have any idea of what she wants to do as president. Trump tells you what he's going to do.

Trump won on trade and the economy in general. Hillary won on nonsense issues like birtherism and supposed sexism.

The media is drastically overestimating how much people give a shit about frivolous stuff like birtherism and whether or not somebody said something mean about Rosie O'Donnell. Nobody is going to decide their vote on these non-issues.