The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron will never match Jordan or Kobe

Unless he wwins 4 or 5 rings straight in Cleveland I agree

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    eye test proves neither

plus

5 rings in 7 Finals is far more impressive than 2 rings in 5 Finals.

Almost every former and current NBA player would take Kobe over Lebron all-time. During Lebron's supposed peak (statistically), everyone in the league said Kobe was the best player. Lebron himself, in 2009 (before the Playoffs), said Kobe Bryant was the best player in the league that year.

Dwyane Wade said Kobe's 2nd after Jordan. Dirk Nowitzki said Kobe's the best player since Jordan. Magic Johnson said Kobe's the greatest Laker of all-time. Jerry West and Shaq said the same thing. Even Charles, who hates Kobe(presumably because the Lakers destroyed the so-called Rocket's Dynasty in the late 90s with Barkley, Hakeem & Pippen) said Kobe was top 5 all-time.

Mark Jackson, who played against Michael Jordan for years, said Kobe would go down as the GOAT back in 2009.

Kenny Smith picked Kobe over Lebron in 2013, so did Charles Barkley (for career). There have been many players that had the ability to be top 10 all-time (KG, Dirk, Malone, Barkley) but never won enough to be in that conversation. Lebron could be ranked better than Kobe Bryant if he could win as well as Kobe Bryant. Statistics are not the end argument in these debates. It's about WINNING. You don't put Peyton Manning over Joe Montana because Manning has better numbers. Manning has too many Playoff failures to be put in the same sentence.

These things come to play when you debate on all-time rankings. You can't just use a statistic and say WELL THIS IS WHY PLAYER A IS BETTER THAN PLAYER B. You just don't.
    So the only argument for kobe over lebron is team accomplishments. Yeah let's just ignore all the raw and advance stats that show lebron is superior on offense and defense to kobe

Quote Originally Posted by rlsmooth775
    So the only argument for kobe over lebron is team accomplishments. Yeah let's just ignore all the raw and advance stats that show lebron is superior on offense and defense to kobe
    I got this cool statistic too

finals won/finals appearances

Kobe = 5/7
    Lebron = 2/5

Kobe has been to 2 more Finals and has won 3 more titles, even if Lebron wins 2 more rings, he's at 4/7, he would have to win his next 5 Finals appearances to catch up Kobe in that statistic, and even then it's 7/10 (70%) vs 5/7 (71%)

Kobe = 5/7
    Lebron = 2/5

Kobe has been to 2 more Finals and has won 3 more titles, even if Lebron wins 2 more rings, he's at 4/7, he would have to win his next 5 Finals appearances to catch up Kobe in that statistic, and even then it's 7/10 (70%) vs 5/7 (71%)

7/10 would make him arguable GOAT.

Kobefans talking about clutchness

Banned

Kobe = 5/7
    Lebron = 2/5

Lol the only way you can prop kobe over lebron is team accomplishments so you admit as a individual player lebron is better thank you

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst

7/10 would make him arguable GOAT.
    Winning 6 out of 6 is more impressive. Jordan didn't lose a Finals series in his prime or even when he was declining. Lebron lost one in his prime already and if he makes the Finals next year, I have him at 2/6.

Lol the only way you can prop kobe over lebron is team accomplishments so you admit as a individual player lebron is better thank you
    So, by your logic, Chris Paul & Kevin Garnett are top 10 all-time, right?

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    I agree with this. I wouldn't say embarrassing, but everything is an event for him.

I'm sure attention whoring is a nice trait to have, if you're a teenager or are trying to get famous. He is not a kid anymore, and neither does he need to get any more famous.

That being said, he is still the best in the league until Durant wins a ring. I see that happening this coming year.
    If you mention durant then u have to mention Melo. I still believe that Lebronella is not the best in the league too.

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaspah
    Who gives a fck?

Talk basketball in here or talk basketball in another thread. It's all the same shit.

Take your creative ass to an arts and crafts class queerbag. Were on a basketball forum, talking basketball, and you're in here talking about creativity. Fck you think this is?
    No we're not talking "basketball". We're talking superstars. As always. Exciting stuff. I mean we're way past beating dead horses at this point, dudes like you are basically keeping the corpses at home to f*ck them ony a daily basis.

Banned

So, by your logic, Chris Paul & Kevin Garnett are top 10 all-time, right?
    Tell me why individuals are judged on team success over their individual production. Kobe bryant can't be propped over players just because he played on this amazing team with the best center of the modern era. Lebron has superior offensive and defensive stats more MVP awards and the same Fmvp awards lebron is better than kobe get over it

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Tell me why individuals are judged on team success over their individual production. Kobe bryant can't be propped over players just because he played on this amazing team with the best center of the modern era. Lebron has superior offensive and defensive stats more MVP awards and the same Fmvp awards lebron is better than kobe get over it
    wait until leflop be a man

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    If you mention durant then u have to mention Melo. I still believe that Lebronella is not the best in the league too.
    Melo is the best offensive player in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    No we're not talking "basketball". We're talking superstars. As always. Exciting stuff. I mean we're way past beating dead horses at this point, dudes like you are basically keeping the corpses at home to f*ck them ony a daily basis.

You should join a forum where the theme isn't basketball

Express your creativity and all that jazz, you know?

ladyboy lookin ass

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    I agree with this. I wouldn't say embarrassing, but everything is an event for him.

I'm sure attention whoring is a nice trait to have, if you're a teenager or are trying to get famous. He is not a kid anymore, and neither does he need to get any more famous.

That being said, he is still the best in the league until Durant wins a ring. I see that happening this coming year.
    This is the double standard I don't understand. The media has been calling LeBron the best since like 2009/2010, far before he ever won a ring. And now that he got outplayed ALL YEAR LONG by a player 4 years younger than him, he's still the best?