Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Arcadia, CA

Default Why cant wade shoot like this?

B-Eazy Mike Beasley MichaelCheazley's Avatar

Default Re: Why cant wade shoot like this?

Cause he is strong enough n other areas to compensate for his inferior jumpshot. AS he gets older im sure itll improve.

Quote Originally Posted by macpierce
    Considering he's almost 30 years old, you'd expect his jumper to be a little more consistent than it is today.

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

As inconsistent as Wade jumper can be in the regular season, its pretty damn consistent during the playoffs. Now of course this is my opinion, but after watching pretty much every postseason run he's been in, I really can't remember a series where is wasn't drilling jumpers with consistency.

Take a look at this past post season, his jumper was very consistent in the Boston/Dallas series. The only exception was the ECF series against Chicago where he was not great offensively. However even in the Celtics 2010 series (where he shot 56%) he was hitting his jumper consistently.

I wish there was a stat for eFG on jumpers in the playoffs, although I heard that there is no stat for that. But from what I've seen, when the games matter Wades' jumper is pretty money, but of course thats just from my eye test over the years. I really can't recall a series where his jumper was a liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Vragrant
    As inconsistent as Wade jumper can be in the regular season, its pretty damn consistent during the playoffs. Now of course this is my opinion, but after watching pretty much every postseason run he's been in, I really can't remember a series where is wasn't drilling jumpers with consistency.

Take a look at this past post season, his jumper was very consistent in the Boston/Dallas series. The only exception was the ECF series against Chicago where he was not great offensively. However even in the Celtics 2010 series (where he shot 56%) he was hitting his jumper consistently.

I wish there was a stat for eFG on jumpers in the playoffs, although I heard that there is no stat for that. But from what I've seen, when the games matter Wades' jumper is pretty money, but of course thats just from my eye test over the years. I really can't recall a series where his jumper was a liability.

I don't think he shot that well in 2007 against the Bulls.

Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCheazley
    Cause he is strong enough n other areas to compensate for his inferior jumpshot. AS he gets older im sure itll improve.
    as he gets older, he's going to get less separation on his jumpshots like kobe does.........so i dunno man

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    I don't think he shot that well in 2007 against the Bulls.
    He didn't but he was injured. He came back after recovering from a dislocated shoulder with less than 20 games left in the regular season. I'm willing to give him a pass for that series.

Quote Originally Posted by Vragrant
    He didn't but he was injured. He came back after recovering from a dislocated shoulder with less than 20 games left in the regular season. I'm willing to give him a pass for that series.
    That's fair, he didn't really seem like himself.

B-Eazy Mike Beasley MichaelCheazley's Avatar

as he gets older, he's going to get less separation on his jumpshots like kobe does.........so i dunno man
    True but ideally thats the time when lebron and chris handles the ball more and wade gets more spot up shots so yea.

I usually hit open layups Mr. Bryant's Avatar

Godlike performance.

I worry about how much longer he has being the Dwyane Wade we all know considering the guy is going to turn 30 in two months. It seems just about everybody becomes a bit more leadfooted as they reach the age of 30.

Why doesn't Wade shoot like Ray Allen, pass like Steve Nash, rebound like Dwight Howard, sing like John Legend, dance like Chris Brown, troll like Euroleague, and mis-report like Ric Bucher????

Because f##k you, that's why.

Arcadia, CA

why cant carmelo have a bigger impact than just scoring?

F%CK you thats why

NBA lottery pick

1. He's not Kobe

2. He's not as good as Kobe

3. He doesn't work as hard as Kobe

4. He is always looking for the easy way out via the free throw line

5. He will never play like Kobe because his jumpshot is not consistent, and even when he is on, he's 47% from medium range at best.

**** YOU! That's why.

^haha nice reply, I'm gonna use it on Kobe stans.