Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: How come LeBron ball doesn't turn Varejao into a 3 point shooter?

Too many ISH posters sensitive to OP's facts.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Spacing.

Cleveland has Kyrie instead of Wade to space the floor.. Love who also loves spotting up. Cleveland already has a bunch of shooters to make room for varejo.

Miami had a center and a sg who couldn't space the floor.. So Bosh being a high post player was forced to take a few steps back and start shooting the long ball to balance the court out again . If Bosh didn't make that sacrifice LeBron would literally have one spot up shooter to toss the ball to.. Mario Chalmers.. Would never work.

Spacing?

Miami Heat were constantly praised for their spacing... It's HARDLY a difference, not notable.
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 12-10-2014 at 04:57 PM.

Sept. 2014

"Miami Heat big man Chris Bosh said that he's looking forward to playing a bigger role in the offense next season and returning to the low block, via the South Florida Sun Sentinel's Shandel Richardson.

“I had to play a role,” Bosh said Tuesday, speaking at an appearance at a Warren Henry Auto Group event in Kendall. “I had to play the role for the championships. I feel that I'm back to doing what comes naturally for me, which is being back in the post, being more aggressive. I'm really excited to show the city of Miami what I have.”

“They didn't need me to do that [play in the post],” Bosh said. “(Wade) and LeBron were our post guys. I kind of really used to those tools that I gained and put it all together.”

“It's just like riding a bike,” Bosh said. “You never forget. I have a lot of experience, years and years. Even though I didn't get much experience, I always worked on it because I knew I was going to keep it sharp.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...the-post-again

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

[QUOTE=Hey Yo]Sept. 2014

"Miami Heat big man Chris Bosh said that he's looking forward to playing a bigger role in the offense next season and returning to the low block, via the South Florida Sun Sentinel's Shandel Richardson.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Too many ISH posters sensitive to OP's facts.

Spacing?

Miami Heat were constantly praised for their spacing... It's HARDLY a difference, not notable.
    Hardly a difference? The Cavs have Kyrie instead of Wade shooting some of the most shots on the team.. He spaces the floor way more. It's a huge difference. They have Kevin Love playing bosh's role. Varejo is playing the Birdman role off those two shooters + LeBron. Bosh had to shoot long because the team didn't start as many shooters throughout their lineup.

Hardly a difference? The Cavs have Kyrie instead of Wade shooting some of the most shots on the team.. He spaces the floor way more. It's a huge difference. They have Kevin Love playing bosh's role. Varejo is playing the Birdman role off those two shooters + LeBron. Bosh had to shoot long because the team didn't start as many shooters throughout their lineup.
    Still haven't provided a compelling argument for why Bosh is shooting LESS in the paint this year than he was with LeBron.

If the argument is that LeBron turns Bosh into a spot up shooter, that's debunked by his high midrange spot up shooting before he joined LeBron.

If the argument is that LeBron forced Bosh out of the paint, that doesn't explain why Bosh is in the paint LESS than he was with LeBron. Bosh even said he's going to take it to the paint more, and has failed to do that so far.

You can just look at chris bosh's shooting charts to disprove that...

2004- 2010 (years before the BIG 3)

Bosh takes 34% of his shots right around the rim.
    2% of his shots are 3 pointers.

The big 3 era Bosh and his development..

2% of Bosh's shots in 2011 are 3 pointers.
    4% of Bosh's shots in 2012 are 3 pointers.
    8% of Bosh's shots in 2013 are 3 pointers.
    23% of Bosh's shots in 2014 are 3 pointers.

The evolution of the spot up shooter.. and now that playstyle has been ingrained in his mind and muscle memory for eternity. Sucks...
    Do you even follow the NBA? All good shooters have made the 3 ball a weapon. Bosh is still taking ~23% of his shots from beyond the arc. Also, Bosh HIMSELF stated that he DOESN'T PLAY IN THE POST ANYMORE, since it's too demanding. Dude is soft as ****.

The obligatory insult: You're an idiot.

It's ugly ass B.Walton

This totally ignores that Bosh is drawing a gazillion more foul shots this year than with LeBron

Quote Originally Posted by Element
    This totally ignores that Bosh is drawing a gazillion more foul shots this year than with LeBron
    So 2011 he was taking about .345 FT per FGA
    2012, .333 FTA per FGA

This year, .349 FT per FGA

Not a big enough disparity to explain it IMO. His FGA in the paint should at least be the same, but definitely not worse than the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Do you even follow the NBA? All good shooters have made the 3 ball a weapon. Bosh is still taking ~23% of his shots from beyond the arc. Also, Bosh HIMSELF stated that he DOESN'T PLAY IN THE POST ANYMORE, since it's too demanding. Dude is soft as ****.

The obligatory insult: You're an idiot.
    Thank you, someone who actually watches the Heat for commenting. I really wanted to see what the Heat fans thought of this more than anyone.