Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Default Rodman on the Triangle Offense/Knicks: It's not that difficult. It's a triangle.

"If I know Phil [Jackson, Knicks team president], he just feels like [crap] right now. I think he just feels like, 'Wow, I thought I came here to do a great job and revitalize the city of New York. He didn't expect this.

Then you went and got Derek Fisher. Really, is he coaching? Is Derek Fisher coaching? I don't get it. I don't know what's up with that team, man.

"They're not running the triangle. Derek Fisher's not really coaching. I know Phil is trying to throw his input in the background, but who expected this from Phil? They expected him, we're going to give you $15 million a year for the next six years and this team is -- wow -- they might not even make the playoffs."

But Rodman, who won five titles while playing for Jackson in Chicago, said the offense was easy to master.

"I learned that in probably 15 minutes when I was in Chicago," Rodman said. "It's not that difficult. It's a triangle.

"Everybody has an opportunity to touch the ball and shoot it. It seems like it goes back to Carmelo Anthony and then everything stops. What are you going to do?"

"How are you going to play with a superstar like Carmelo Anthony when he wants to shoot the ball all the time and everybody else has to play their role?" Rodman said. "How are you going to do that? Phil Jackson did that with Michael Jordan at the beginning and guess what happened?. He put a team around Michael Jordan and everybody fit right in.

"Everyone knew who the boss was -- that was him, Michael Jordan. Everybody knew who Kobe [Bryant] was. Kobe and Shaq [Shaquille O'Neal], they played their roles. Who is the man here in New York besides Carmelo? Nobody wants to play together with Carmelo, it seems like."

Default Re: Rodman on the Triangle Offense/Knicks: It's not that difficult. It's a triangle.

Melo's teammates don't want to be there. That's why they are losing.
    They have talent on the roster so that they shouldn't be so bad.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Rodman on the Triangle Offense/Knicks: It's not that difficult. It's a triangle.

Unfortunately the Knicks have somehow managed to collect the dumbest players in the league together on one team.....Bargs, Stat, Melo, Smith, all together...

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Melo's teammates don't want to be there. That's why they are losing.
    They have talent on the roster so that they shouldn't be so bad.
    They are losing because of:

1.) At least 4 of them know their NYC days are over.
    2.) 3rd coach in four years. Shumpert must be out of his mind.
    3.) The players on this team who care about the situation are playing under intense pressure from critical fans and media dogs who still have an ax to grind with Dolan. When all is said and done, it's gonna be Melo, a bunch of kids, money and hopefully a high pick. That's 2014-15 in a nutshell.

...and speaking of nutshells, you're going to quote Rodman on HIS thoughts? Where'd he report this from? Kim Jong-un's bed? Give us a break.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Unfortunately the Knicks have somehow managed to collect the dumbest players in the league together on one team.....Bargs, Stat, Melo, Smith, all together...

at least that doesnt seem to be melos fault. melo is a known shooter. thats it. he had a great all around team back in his denver years...that made him quite a threat.

so ny frontcourt is not able to put a strong team of star and role players around him. there you can blame the front office.

thing is, looking on knicks roster on the paper, you might think: wow not that bad, at least playoffs are safe in the east. but no. no team chemistry etc.

in addition, melo doesnt seem to make his m8s better. is he the real leader? the motivator? or is he just the superstar cause he has the biggest contract?

i think both, melo and the frontcourt are to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    They are losing because of:

1.) At least 4 of them know their NYC days are over.
    2.) 3rd coach in four years. Shumpert must be out of his mind.
    3.) The players on this team who care about the situation are playing under intense pressure from critical fans and media dogs who still have an ax to grind with Dolan. When all is said and done, it's gonna be Melo, a bunch of kids, money and hopefully a high pick. That's 2014-15 in a nutshell.

...and speaking of nutshells, you're going to quote Rodman on HIS thoughts? Where'd he report this from? Kim Jong-un's bed? Give us a break.
    Shumpert will do well someplace else.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Shumpert will do well someplace else.
    At this point in time, he'd be doing better most anywhere. But I don't think you'll be seeing it - he rates high with Phil.

3 titles with Bulls/PJ

half the team doesnt even want to play

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Deliberately destroyed the biggest global phenomenon in basketball since Jordan's push-off in Linsanity.

Deliberately tanked until Lin got traded.

Deliberately tanked until the coach got fired.

Even Coach Karl called him what he is a team destroying ball hog.

I say it having watched him win a ring as a great 6th man on the Knicks... all the way through Bulls & Lakers right to the present day:If P Jax can turn that around it will be by far his greatest achievement

NBA Superstar

For as crazy as people think Rodman is, his BBIQ was/is off the charts still.

I'm not sure at this point what kind of team Melo needs to be successful. He's already had a team of good roleplayers (Denver), played alongside other stars (pre-injury Amare, AI), a good defensive big man (Chandler), a good point guard (Billups)... I guess the Denver setup was the best since he reached the WCF, but eh, still not that impressive.

I'm sure it's real easy to learn the triangle when your job is to stay out of the way and get rebounds.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I'm sure it's real easy to learn the triangle when your job is to stay out of the way and get rebounds.
    Wouldn't it be great to have more players that cared less about scoring, more about doing the dirty work and help the system work by caring about ball movement?

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    its actually pretty easy. Some playing just have very low IQ and basketball IQ or they wanna get their stats and their games don't fir the triangle. The latter often break away and go against the concept and destroy the movement.

And Rodman had to knew the triangle just as well as any big to every play in it because it of the spacing necessary for it to work.