Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Chances Dwight gets traded before the All-Star Break?

Well, he reiterated his trade demand and then went out and gave no effort. So I'd say pretty good.

Default Re: Chances Dwight gets traded before the All-Star Break?

As of January 8, Dwight still wants to be traded:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=9022

Default Dwight Howard trade request still stands

Sorry if this was posted already, but it's Nothing you guys didn't know.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,6188949.story

Otis Smith confirmed Howard has not taken his trade request off the table and that Howard's agent still has permission to speak with three, and only three, teams: the Dallas Mavericks, the Los Angeles Lakers and the New Jersey Nets.

"I think his leaving or going has nothing to do with Orlando," Smith said of Howard. "I think he wants a bigger market. I can't do anything about that."

Banned

Default Re: Dwight Howard trade request still stands

orlando is better without him anyways so who cares

Banned

Why dont u trade him then u moron

Magic are pretty ****ed. It get's done this week

NBA lottery pick

Dallas has no real pieces that would even entertain the Magics thinking so they are not a viable trading partner in all reality. New Jersey has Lopez and some pieces but the Lakers could do a Bynum and Banks for Dwight and really both teams get what they want. Lakers get a monster big who can lockdown the paint and the Magic get the best offensive center in the game and Banks is a nice role player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    Dallas has no real pieces that would even entertain the Magics thinking so they are not a viable trading partner in all reality. New Jersey has Lopez and some pieces but the Lakers could do a Bynum and Banks for Dwight and really both teams get what they want. Lakers get a monster big who can lockdown the paint and the Magic get the best offensive center in the game and Banks is a nice role player.
    who is banks?

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

I think the Lakers should quickly trade Bynum, picks & fillers for Howard if it's a possibility. After watching the first 10 games of the season, I am starting to realize that Howard would not only be an improvement defensively for us but also offensively. The reason I say this is because of his athleticism. Bynum whenever he has decent position will not think of passing the ball, ever. He is trying to prove himself right now and it hurts our efficiency and our ball movement. With Dwight, you know what to expect. I doubt he'll force the issue the way Drew does; his offensive game isn't as polished but that's a good thing because it will force Gasol to be our go-to-guy inside and make him feel more wanted in our offense.

Howard will be our beast defensively and will make everyone job's (including Fisher's) easier by throwing him lobs. He'll get a bunch of points through put backs and lobs; he'll get points if he's hot. But we don't really need him offensively with Gasol/Bryant on the team. Our team would just be more complimentary with him in the lineup not to mention his impact is clearly greater then Bynum (even at his best).

Drew would get what he wants; be the focal point on a mediocre team and I think he'll like that. I can see the guy averaging 24/12 in Orlando with a solid efficiency, and he'll be forced to learn how to pass the ball when doubled team. The good thing for LA is there really is no one out there that can offer as much as we can. NJ aren't trading up Deron Williams and Dallas really has nothing to offer besides Dirk (that is equivalent to Bynum).

Bynum is averaging 20/15/2 with high FG% & PER. He is proving he can dominate and those numbers are alongside Kobe/Pau. In Orlando, he'll have to adjust his game but I don't expect him not to average at least 20/13 because he'll be their main guy and will get a lot more opportunities/touches because he'll be their go to guy.

I hope this trade gets done, as much as Bynum has impressed me this season; it's still Dwight Howard (in my opinion, the 2nd best player in the league these days). Him and Bryant will be the best one-two punch in this league and a lot more balance then Wade/James combo. With Gasol in the lineup and the way Kobe is playing; I don't see how we wouldn't be the best overall trio in the league. Our team will be re-energized and we simply will have a much better chance at the title.

Who knows; LA can even pull off another rabbit out of the hat and get a nice PG using their TPE (and draft picks plus some youth such as Ebanks, Morris etc.)

Heck I think Howard, Gasol, Barnes, Bryant & Blake is good enough to win it all. Both Blake & Barnes have looked good for us this season in spurts. Miami doesn't have (besides Haslem) role players who are that much better; with one of our bigs always in the game throughout the 48 minutes, they can carry the slack. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with Dwight in there then Bynum, any day.

As much as I love Drew; we have a chance at Dwight.
    Get it done, ASAP.
    Last edited by rhythmic ; 01-09-2012 at 05:41 AM.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    who is banks?
    Ebanks

Chatter seems to be starting back up. I predict a move to the Lakers within two weeks. (Although i'm not going to give a % and then search for some moron's twitter account to post as proff)

Da Mavs

Seems inevitable that a Dwight-Bynum swap will occur. Only thing is if Buss will actually trade Bynum, because based on current performance, the Magic would love him. Lakers have to make the deal though, Howard is the far superior player, is proven, defensive stalwart, and has room to grow.

If he Lakers don't do the trade soon then Bynum will get his yearly 30-4 game injury and Brook Lopez's foot injury will be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Seems inevitable that a Dwight-Bynum swap will occur. Only thing is if Buss will actually trade Bynum, because based on current performance, the Magic would love him. Lakers have to make the deal though, Howard is the far superior player, is proven, defensive stalwart, and has room to grow.
    I agree with what you wrote 100%. I think the Nets had a strong chance prior to the Lopez injury because they had so much flexibility, but no matter what side of the Lopez/Bynum debate you are on, you can't trade for a center coming off a stress fracture of the foot as the centerpiece of a deal for your franchise player. He steps wrong, misses 3 more months? You couldn't sign a faster death warrant (not that Otis Smith doesn't deserve to lose his job).

Not airballing my layups anymore

if the lakers are serious i really hope they pull the trade off soon.

i really don't see dwight minding being the 2nd or even 3rd option and just play defense - not that i know him or anything but i feel he'd actually embrace it somewhat.

don't know how kobe will react though - he'll get his shots for sure but he might feel the need to prove he's still the man on the team because the attention dwight will get for his defense.