Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Default How come LeBron ball doesn't turn Varejao into a 3 point shooter?

Andy's career shooting #s:

A few things to note:

-Shooting a career high in FG% so far at 59%
    -Shooting something like 76% in the first quarter, according to Cavs announcers
    -His FGA by distance is basically the same as his career numbers. he's actually shooting less long range jumpers than last year
    -Shooting 71% from 3 feet or less, career high, 48% from 3-10 which is a career high
    -His career high in % FG Assisted I wonder why (Lebron ball)

Andy's looking great this year so far.

How come Bosh wasn't able to get these kind of looks that Varejao gets with LeBron? Birdman was able to get them, so it's hard to say it's Spo.

For Comparison, Here's bosh:

How come Bosh is shooting the same amount of 3's as last year, and even more mid range jumpers? In fact, he's taking less shots in the paint than he was on the Heat I thought LeBron ball was forcing Bosh to shoot 3s and not post up? Is it Wade ball now?

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: How come LeBron ball doesn't turn Varejao into a 3 point shooter?

#Ether

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    #Ether
    I'm not really trying to diss or ether anyone. I'm just bringing some objective facts up for discussion

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    I'm not really trying to diss or ether anyone. I'm just bringing some objective facts up for discussion
    #objectivefacts4discussion

Top 1 Bball Mind.

True. Nothing quite like an objective/unbiased post riddled with facts.

[QUOTE=RoundMoundOfReb]True. Nothing quite like an objective

Hard to break a 4 year long habit.

BTW, this topic has been talked to death....... come up with something original for once you pot smoking slug.

Decent playground baller dilley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    #objectivefacts4discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Hard to break a 4 year long habit.

BTW, this topic has been talked to death....... come up with something original for once you pot smoking slug.
    Habit? There is no LeBron driving to the paint to force him to the corner. He's shooting the 3s himself and avoiding the paint.

And this topic was only talked to death 2 days into the season. Now that we are deeper, true colors are starting to show.

Bosh went from shooting 71% to 53% at the rim Overrated and soft, flower forward as they say...

[QUOTE=oarabbus]#objective

Habit? There is no LeBron driving to the paint to force him to the corner. He's shooting the 3s himself and avoiding the paint.

And this topic was only talked to death 2 days into the season. Now that we are deeper, true colors are starting to show.
    So you admit LeBron forced him into a spot up shooter and he did it so long it is now an innate part of his game.

Smoke another bowl and come up with something new, FOR ONCE.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    So you admit LeBron forced him into a spot up shooter and he did it so long it is now an innate part of his game.

Smoke another bowl and come up with something new, FOR ONCE.
    That was the claim at least, and it resulted in Bosh shooting 34% from 3's and making some clutch ones. Now he's shooting 37.8% from 3

#lebroneffect

but I don't see how that could affect him now if there is nobody to kick it out to him. And it really makes no sense why Bosh is shooting lower % at the rim. No excuses for him to shoot more 3's this year, and less in the paint.

Bosh now learned to shoot 3s so he made it a weapon, with Lebron he just didn't have the shots to score big like he does now. I still think he should go to the post more often specially when the jumper isn't falling but I guess old habits die hard.

Varej

That was the claim at least, and it resulted in Bosh shooting 34% from 3's and making some clutch ones. Now he's shooting 37.8% from 3

#lebroneffect

but I don't see how that could affect him now if there is nobody to kick it out to him. And it really makes no sense why Bosh is shooting lower % at the rim. No excuses for him to shoot more 3's this year, and less in the paint.
    Now LeBron is getting credit for Bosh hitting clutch shots?

His shooting percentage is going UP behind 3 without LeBron, so what does that tell you about LeBron's so called importance.

So Bosh becomes a spot up shooter with little posting for 4 years and you expect him to just.... radically change? Are you retarded?

He's been practicing for years based on the premise of LeBron/Wade being the main scorers and standing in the corner because of LeBron ball. How was he supposed to know LeBron would bail out again and quit on his friends, teammates, and fans in Miami?