Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Jordan, Magic and Bird Diss Lebron Decision. Say Kobe is the Best Player in the Game

Quote Originally Posted by New York Knicks
    "pretty good" is fine for Jerry Stackhouse, Michael Redd, and Michael Finley. But Kobe was supposedly one of the best players in the game. His team shouldn't be more efficient than he is cause he takes so many shots. If he was gonna be that inefficient he should just pass up some shots.
    I think the game of basketball is much more than just looking at boxscores. Do you think Jordan, Magic and Bird care that much about his 45% fgs?

Value Ape.

Default Re: Jordan, Magic and Bird Diss Lebron Decision. Say Kobe is the Best Player in the Game

They are not dissing Brawn. They are saying they would not do what brawn did and stating an opinion. And I am pretty sure Magic has done his best "player in the game" routine about brawn as well as KB.

You want to hear a diss? This is a diss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjrT2...layer_embedded

Local High School Star barbaroi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Knicks
    So? I don't get why Kobe fans always say that. They'll use anything as an excuse I guess. Even if they aren't valid. "pretty good" is fine for Jerry Stackhouse, Michael Redd, and Michael Finley. But Kobe was supposedly one of the best players in the game. His team shouldn't be more efficient than he is cause he takes so many shots. If he was gonna be that inefficient he should just pass up some shots.
    Kobe was not being inefficient that year, and he certainly wasn't less efficient than his team:

05-06 Kobe's TS% was 55.9%.
    The rest of the 05-06 Lakers combined TS%? 52.9%

People need to stop thinking FG% = efficiency. It doesn't. Free throw shooting affects efficiency, as does 3 point shooting.

I rule the local playground

I guess Balls is leaving out Magic saying Lebron was the best player THIS YEAR. Magic switches back and forth more than a Jordan layup. Pretty sure Barkley called Lebron the best this year too.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Courtside View
    I guess Balls is leaving out Magic saying Lebron was the best player THIS YEAR. Magic switches back and forth more than a Jordan layup. Pretty sure Barkley called Lebron the best this year too.
    Magic's latest quote is saying Kobe is the best player in the world. Doesn't matter what he said before that.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaroi
    Kobe was not being inefficient that year, and he certainly wasn't less efficient than his team:

05-06 Kobe's TS% was 55.9%.
    The rest of the 05-06 Lakers combined TS%? 52.9%

People need to stop thinking FG% = efficiency. It doesn't. Free throw shooting affects efficiency, as does 3 point shooting.
    1. Free throw shooting is great, but what Kobe fans love to ignore is that all those missed shots can still be detrimental to the team, regardless of how many free throws he makes. The one thing that no Kobe fan will ever be able to answer satisfactorily is WHY CAN'T HE SHOOT OVER 50% IF HE'S THE GREATEST SCORER OF ALL TIME? Why so many 6-24 type of games? In my opinion, consistency > unbelievable scoring game here, terrible shooting game there. Kobe IS a great scorer. However, he has way too many poor shooting nights for him to praised as much as he is for scoring. Lastly, you can BET that if he was able to shoot 50% or above for his career, you would NEVER hear the end of it from Bryant fans. Since he hasn't, there has to be all kinds of excuses about it. If he's so great, it's not good enough for him to have TMac, Vince, etc. type efficiency. He should be far and above those guys.

2. Who tells Kobe to shoot so many 3s? I get sick of these excuses. Of course 3 point shooting affects efficiency, but it's still a shot. If you miss a lot of them, it still affects the team. It's like Kobe fans want to somehow give him a pass for taking (and missing) a lot of 3s. That goes to shot selection.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Magic's latest quote is saying Kobe is the best player in the world. Doesn't matter what he said before that.
    Of course it doesn't matter to you. You have an obvious agenda, which is why you make these kinds of stupid threads as if there aren't a million already created by your type. Magic said as recently as the playoffs that Lebron was the best. Then he went back to Kobe because the Lakers won and he's a Laker. Next year if Bron is crushing it, he'll go back to him again. Maybe Wade. It wasn't like he said Bron was the best and then a year later said Kobe. He changed his mind within weeks! It should be clear what that's about, but like I said you have an agenda so you'll ignore it.

Let me ask you, when he said Bron was the best did you create a thread about it? When Bird said Lebron could retire GOAT did you create a thread? Did you agree? Of course not. Now you think their word is law when it praises Kobe.

Actually, it does. Only until the Lakers won the championship did Magic say that Kobe is the best player. He wasn't saying it throughout the season and wasn't saying it at the start of the playoffs. 1 postseason changed his mind.

I love Magic, but at least be consistent. I have a feeling that MJ has always thought Kobe was better. Maybe even Larry. Same goes for Chuck with LeBron. Magic flip flops like no other.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Jordan, Magic and Bird Diss Lebron Decision. Say Kobe is the Best Player in the

what really annoys me is the praise kobe is getting bcuz of this. the guy has been unbelieveably fortunate in his career. he enters the league with a prime shaq in a major market which happens to be one of the top two in the league. then later that same org. gets pau gasol for practically nothing, almost handing the lakers more championships. kobe is great, but overrated at the same time

High School Varsity 6th Man

1. Free throw shooting is great, but what Kobe fans love to ignore is that all those missed shots can still be detrimental to the team, regardless of how many free throws he makes. The one thing that no Kobe fan will ever be able to answer satisfactorily is WHY CAN'T HE SHOOT OVER 50% IF HE'S THE GREATEST SCORER OF ALL TIME? Why so many 6-24 type of games? In my opinion, consistency > unbelievable scoring game here, terrible shooting game there. Kobe IS a great scorer. However, he has way too many poor shooting nights for him to praised as much as he is for scoring. Lastly, you can BET that if he was able to shoot 50% or above for his career, you would NEVER hear the end of it from Bryant fans. Since he hasn't, there has to be all kinds of excuses about it. If he's so great, it's not good enough for him to have TMac, Vince, etc. type efficiency. He should be far and above those guys.

2. Who tells Kobe to shoot so many 3s? I get sick of these excuses. Of course 3 point shooting affects efficiency, but it's still a shot. If you miss a lot of them, it still affects the team. It's like Kobe fans want to somehow give him a pass for taking (and missing) a lot of 3s. That goes to shot selection.
    That's like comparing sticks to stones. Kobe has always been a primary jumpshooter which explains the 45% fg. In contrast, Jordan wasn't a primary jumpshooter, which should explain his higher field goal %. You're neglecting the way the points are scored vs. the fg%s. Lebron shot close to 50% this season, but if you look at his midrange to longrange game, it was awful somewhere in the high 30s/low 40s. This was due to the fact that he was a primary driver.

So don't knock Kobe's 45% without taking into consideration how he scored those points. The last time I check, it has always been the case that layups are easier to make at a higher percentage than mid to long range jumpshots.

NBA rookie of the year

Let me ask you, when he said Bron was the best did you create a thread about it? When Bird said Lebron could retire GOAT did you create a thread? Did you agree? Of course not.
    I only create threads when Jordan, Bird, Magic and Magic all unanimously say one player is the best. You're acting as though I made the quotes. Don't shoot the messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by itsGameTime
    That's like comparing sticks to stones. Kobe has always been a primary jumpshooter which explains the 45% fg. In contrast, Jordan wasn't a primary jumpshooter, which should explain his higher field goal %. You're neglecting the way the points are scored vs. the fg%s. Lebron shot close to 50% this season, but if you look at his midrange to longrange game, it was awful somewhere in the high 30s/low 40s. This was due to the fact that he was a primary driver.

So don't knock Kobe's 45% without taking into consideration how he scored those points. The last time I check, it has always been the case that layups are easier to make at a higher percentage than mid to long range jumpshots.
    So what if he's primarily a jumpshooter? I don't care about how the points are scored, only the efficiency of how they're scored.

All you guys do is make excuses

"But but, he has to shoot with the shot clock running down!!" (as if he's the only player in NBA history to have to shoot with the shot clock expiring).

"But but, he shoots a lot of 3s If he didn't he's shoot 50%" (as if we should ignore the 3pointers he takes)

"But but he's primarily a jumpshooter" (as if that MATTERS when talking about what his end production is).

And on and on. Like I said, if he shot 50+% we'd never hear the end of it. IF he has 5 MVPs we'd never hear the end of it. Since he doesn't "All that stuff doesn't matter"

I only create threads when Jordan, Bird, Magic and Magic all unanimously say one player is the best. You're acting as though I made the quotes. Don't shoot the messenger.
    I take it from your nonsense, non answer that you have no coherent reply. Just like I thought. Your stupid little agenda is painfully obvious and normally I ignore you trolls but every now and then it's fun to show you how illogical you are so that people realize it.

High School Varsity 6th Man

So what if he's primarily a jumpshooter? I don't care about how the points are scored, only the efficiency of how they're scored.
    He's an SG. That's what Shooting Guards do. They shoot, and they shoot a lot at high shooting percentages.

NBA rookie of the year

I take it from your nonsense, non answer that you have no coherent reply. Just like I thought.
    It's not so hard to understand. The latest from the Jordan, Magic and Bird camp state Kobe is the best player in the NBA.

Again, straight from their mouths, not mine. Don't cry or make insults, because you can't handle it.