Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Jordan, Magic and Bird Diss Lebron Decision. Say Kobe is the Best Player in the Game

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    The vid of Jordan saying 'Kobe was better' is from 2009, you're correct, I meant to say Bird. Bird's quote was from 2008. Stop providing 'links' as if they said it recently. BTW, who said anything about Magic? I sure didn't.
    Those are the latest quotes from all of them. If they changed their mind, I'll update. But its pretty clear who they think is the best as it stands. No need to get mad or anything.

Default Re: Jordan, Magic and Bird Diss Lebron Decision. Say Kobe is the Best Player in the Game

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Those are the latest quotes from all of them. If they changed their mind, I'll update. But its pretty clear who they think is the best as it stands. No need to get mad or anything.
    I'm not mad at all to be honest. I just find it funny you have to lie and spin sh*t. Reeks of agenda kiddo.

Bird (this season): LeBron has potential to go down as GOAT.

Bird (this season): LeBron has potential to go down as GOAT.
    That's different from saying Lebron is the best player in the game. IMO, Lebron always has had the potential to go down as the GOAT. Just after his decision, he no longer has that potential or even top 10 for that matter.

And again, don't be mad at me. I didn't go out to the media and say Kobe was the best player in the game. Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird did.

That's different from saying Lebron is the best player in the game. IMO, Lebron always has had the potential to go down as the GOAT. Just after his decision, he no longer has that potential or even top 10 for that matter.
    Of course it's different. He never said Kobe has the potential to go down as GOAT

And again, don't be mad at me. I didn't go out to the media and say Kobe was the best player in the game. Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird did.
    And again, no one is mad...I know I'm not. Fact is the quotes are old. The title of your thread is misleading, kid.

Just posting factual quotes. Guess it depends on what you think is old. Magic 2010, Jordan 2009, Bird 2008. Not as old as you make it out to be. Just because they weren't made last week doesn't mean it's old. Bird even said in 2010 that Kobe has always been his favorite player. I see no indication of them changing their minds today.

Just posting factual quotes. Guess it depends on what you think is old. Magic 2010, Jordan 2009, Bird 2008. Not as old as you make it out to be. Just because they weren't made last week doesn't mean it's old. Bird even said in 2010 that Kobe has always been his favorite player. I see no indication of them changing their minds today.
    Yes, factual quotes before LeBron's best season of his career. Most if not everyone recognized LeBron as the best player in the league this past year. lol, 1-2 years (500-730 days) is enough time to form a different opinion (hell, from 2000 to 2001, Kobe became a much better player). Bird said LeBron has the potential of being GOAT, but he's NEVER given Kobe that kind of kudos (despite being his 'favorite player'). Pretty sure his opinion has swayed a different direction (with or without "the decision").

High School Varsity 6th Man

Yes, factual quotes before LeBron's best season of his career. Most if not everyone recognized LeBron as the best player in the league this past year. lol, 1-2 years (500-730 days) is enough time to form a different opinion (hell, from 2000 to 2001, Kobe became a much better player). Bird said LeBron has the potential of being GOAT, but he's NEVER given Kobe that kind of kudos (despite being his 'favorite player'). Pretty sure his opinion has swayed a different direction (with or without "the decision").
    With or without the decision, I certainly didn't see the best player in the NBA playing in the Celtics/Cavs series. I wouldn't consider this season to be Lebron's best season after quitting all of those games. Doesn't matter what stats he put up in the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by itsGameTime
    With or without the decision, I certainly didn't see the best player in the NBA playing in the Celtics/Cavs series. I wouldn't consider this season to be Lebron's best season after quitting all of those games. Doesn't matter what stats he put up in the regular season.
    I didn't either, and I won't defend his actions Game 5. Despite his playoff woes vs. Boston, it definitely was his best REGULAR season. Better than any season Kobe has put up, that's for sure.

I didn't either, and I won't defend his actions Game 5. Despite his playoff woes vs. Boston, it definitely was his best REGULAR season. Better than any season Kobe has put up, that's for sure.
    That's not a sure thing. It's debatable. I think Kobe put up a better 35/5/5 season back when he had a horrible team.

Banned

That's not a sure thing. It's debatable. I think Kobe put up a better 35/5/5 season back when he had a horrible team.
    He also had a lower FG% than his team, which is common for him anyway I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Knicks
    He also had a lower FG% than his team, which is common for him anyway I guess.
    His FG% was pretty high (45%) considering he has always been a primary jumpshooter.

That's my favorite individual season from Kobe, he was awesome. His best months of that season were in January and April. 43/5/4 on 47% shooting and 39.7% from 3. 41/4/3 on 50% shooting and 41% from 3.

LeBron had more rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, shot a better FG%, eFG and had a 60+TS%. The last perimeter player to score 30 on 50% was Jordan in '92. LBJ was more impressive IMO.

The Holy Trinity

Kobe needs me. Come on, Kyle, you can do this. Ok, here goes. "LeBron can suck a..."

That's my favorite individual season from Kobe, he was awesome. His best months of that season were in January and April. 43/5/4 on 47% shooting and 39.7% from 3. 41/4/3 on 50% shooting and 41% from 3.

LeBron had more rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, shot a better FG%, eFG and had a 60+TS%. The last perimeter player to score 30 on 50% was Jordan in '92. LBJ was more impressive IMO.
    It really depends on what your favorite aspect of the game is. To me, Kobe was pretty much scoring at will on multiple defenders. Didn't matter who they threw at him. I can't rank Lebron's season higher just because he had more rebounds and assists. Those numbers are a product of the coach's offensive system and his overall position (SFs are better rebounders than SGs). Bryant didn't have the luxury of doing that in the triangle with Phil otherwise he may or may not have had higher assist numbers.

Banned

His FG% was pretty high (45%) considering he has always been a primary jumpshooter.
    So? I don't get why Kobe fans always say that. They'll use anything as an excuse I guess. Even if they aren't valid. "pretty good" is fine for Jerry Stackhouse, Michael Redd, and Michael Finley. But Kobe was supposedly one of the best players in the game. His team shouldn't be more efficient than he is cause he takes so many shots. If he was gonna be that inefficient he should just pass up some shots.