Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

Default Rose for Rondo. Does either team bite?

Keeping contract length/money in mind, is this a move that you think either team considers?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Rose for Rondo. Does either team bite?

I'd be surprised if any team wanted to be committed to paying Rose 90 mil right now. Meanwhile Chi gets the NBA's assist leader in the final year of his contract. Meaning worst-case they have gotten out of paying max money to a guy that is looking like he's going to miss half the season every year. With max space an a higher cap next season Chi brings in one, maybe even two of the top free agents or keeps Rondo if he's working well on their team and adds on another good player. For Chi it would be a blessing. It's the Cs that have no need for a part time max player.

Keep in mind also that last time Rondo played with Thibodeau they won a championship. The NBA would block this for "basketball reasons".

Rose is fool's gold and Rondo is the real deal.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando
    Keep in mind also that last time Rondo played with Thibodeau they won a championship. The NBA would block this for "basketball reasons".

Rose is fool's gold and Rondo is the real deal.
    Why do people keep bringing this up in situations that are totally different and irrelevant to that event?

To answer the OP no way Boston do this with Rose's contract and status right now.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Why do people keep bringing this up in situations that are totally different and irrelevant to that event?

To answer the OP no way Boston do this with Rose's contract and status right now.
    In this case it would be because I (Celtics Homer) think Rondo is an incredibly good player and would give the Bulls an almost unfair advantage over the rest of the teams. Therefore, the NBA executives would have to block the trade in order to prevent the situation.

Banned

In this case it would be because I (Celtics Homer) think Rondo is an incredibly good player and would give the Bulls an almost unfair advantage over the rest of the teams. Therefore, the NBA executives would have to block the trade in order to prevent the situation.
    Again that does not fit the situation AT ALL. The reason the original deal was vetoed was because one team was owned by the NBA and as such they had the power to negate the trade if they felt it would devalue the franchise in the immediate future and bring in less money when it sold. Totally different scenario. People on ISH try to act like the NBA just randomly decided to stop an every day trade.

I agree though that Rondo on the bulls would be really fun to watch with how they have been playing lately.

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

Why would Boston give up a guy who is notorious for playing with/through injuries, for a guy who calls in sick with a headache. Give me the guy who can stay on the floor for more than 2-3 games at a time before being in a suit on the bench again.

rose is overrated

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Again that does not fit the situation AT ALL. The reason the original deal was vetoed was because one team was owned by the NBA and as such they had the power to negate the trade if they felt it would devalue the franchise in the immediate future and bring in less money when it sold. Totally different scenario. People on ISH try to act like the NBA just randomly decided to stop an every day trade.

I agree though that Rondo on the bulls would be really fun to watch with how they have been playing lately.
    ^ this. it was ok at first but now it's just plain annoying the only reason that trade was veto-ed was cause the league owned that team, the commish did what the OWNERS told him to do

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

i dont see the celtics doing this unless their management pictures a healthy Drose in the horizon. and if that was the case, maybe the bulls dont easily part ways with him

anyhow, rondo on the bulls.... would be amazing. if it were to happen this year, theyd easily be my favorites, due to the emergence of the best 2 way player in the league, jimmy buckets

so, maybe itd behoove the bulls to get rid of rose's contract this year. so 1) they can go after rondo in the off season 2) and more importantly, they can prepare themselves to match the ridiculous contract offers jimmy b will get.

I love rondo's game.

Gritty, competitive guy who will make big plays and stand up when it matters.

He would work great on the bulls and find our open shooters. Much better defender than Rose too.

Still, I'm sticking by rose and I have a gut feeling that all this commotion about rose being soft and not caring is totally overblown.

If this trade happened, I wouldn't be against it as rondo is one of my favorite point guards next to rose.

Banned

bulls would sure as hell do it. boston wouldn't.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Aidz's Avatar

Chicago is going to trade the guy who was born in Chicago, grew up in Chicago, and was drafted by Chicago for a stat-padding point guard that can't shoot? Like the Bulls don't have enough problems with outside shooting, then you throw Rondo in the backcourt with Jimmy Butler. Who's your #1 option? Pau Gasol. Rose is MVP at his best, top 10 at worst (if healthy). Rondo is a very good starter - CP3 without the scoring ability.

No thanks.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aidz
    Chicago is going to trade the guy who was born in Chicago, grew up in Chicago, and was drafted by Chicago for a stat-padding point guard that can't shoot? Like the Bulls don't have enough problems with outside shooting, then you throw Rondo in the backcourt with Jimmy Butler. Who's your #1 option? Pau Gasol. Rose is MVP at his best, top 10 at worst (if healthy). Rondo is a very good starter - CP3 without the scoring ability.

No thanks.
    After the bolded, I don't think there is a single sentence in here that is accurate.

I have 0 clue if this is possible, but can you trade a player and split paying his salary?

Quote Originally Posted by Aidz

No thanks.
    If he's a stat padding pg who can't shoot, why does he shoot a better FG% than rose in the playoffs? and why does rose shrink against lebron? oh and why hasn't "MVP" led his team to a final? to top it off why is it when rondo got injured, his team only managed to snag a 7 seed, while rose's team always are on top the conference without him?
    Last edited by CelticBaller; 11-26-2014 at 11:44 PM.