Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Is Pau Gasol the most underrated player of all-time?

I think it's unbelievable how disrespected and underrated this guy is. He gets all the blame even though he doesn't even do anything wrong most of the time. His ability to dominate the glass and score in the post with his skill is remarkable.

We're also talking about a guy that led his team to a championship in 2010 and should have been the Finals MVP but was robbed of it.

He is a top 50 player of all-time and probably the most underrated player of all-time.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Is Pau Gasol the most underrated player of all-time?

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Slide
    I think it's unbelievable how disrespected and underrated this guy is. He gets all the blame even though he doesn't even do anything wrong most of the time. His ability to dominate the glass and score in the post with his skill is remarkable.

We're also talking about a guy that led his team to a championship in 2010 and should have been the Finals MVP but was robbed of it.

He is a top 50 player of all-time and probably the most underrated player of all-time.

On this site gasol is overrated. People here argue he was more important than Kobe in winning those too championships.

I like Gasol, but he showed how bad his teams were with him as the first option on the grizz

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan

On this site gasol is overrated. People here argue he was more important than Kobe in winning those too championships.
    He was the best player in the 2010 run and he was the catalyst in the 2009 run.

There is a strong argument for 2010 that he was the better player in the series.

I like Gasol, but he showed how bad his teams were with him as the first option on the grizz
    lol 50 wins bad?

-Smak

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Pau Gasol...

Underrated by Kobe stans
    Overrated by Kobe Haters
    Appreciated by Laker fans.

Banned

Win Shares Per 48 minute Comparison

Kobe: .208
    Pau(as a Laker): .239

Kobe: .206
    Pau: .223

Kobe: .160
    Pau: .220

Kobe: .178
    Pau: .232

Local High School Star SpurrDurr's Avatar

He's not underrated but after last season he became another scapegoat and mildly hated.

I thought LA fans (Kobe blind fans mostly) would spare him but oh god if i was wrong.

Then a couple of weeks ago Kobe tweeted an old pic with him and Gasol hugging and everyone is in love with him again.

Quote Originally Posted by SpurrDurr
    He's not underrated but after last season he became another scapegoat and mildly hated.

I thought LA fans (Kobe blind fans mostly) would spare him but oh god if i was wrong.

Then a couple of weeks ago Kobe tweeted an old pic with him and Gasol hugging and everyone is in love with him again.
    Kobe fan boys don't like anyone not named Kobe

True fans know his worth and have always appreciated what he brings to the team. He's not above criticism by any means but he is and has been a valuable piece to this team and I for one and happy to see him here for another season.

Very good NBA starter

hes actually overrated.

never has received a single MVP vote. not one.
    0-16 in the playoffs without kobe.
    before LA he was regarded as nothing more a top 20 player/borderline all-star. he made 1 all-star in 8 seasons. no All-NBA teams. never regarded as top 5 at his own position. his +/- numbers ranked somewhere in the 200's. his team (grizzlies) had zero problems winning when he was out.

that being said he was phenomenal for the lakers from 08-10.

but you have people saying he was the best big in the league some of those years (LOL), people saying he was the lakers best player in 2010 (WTF?), and i've even heard people say hes top 50 all-time. LOL.

smh.

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    hes actually overrated.

never has received a single MVP vote. not one.
    0-16 in the playoffs without kobe.
    before LA he was regarded as nothing more a top 20 player/borderline all-star. he made 1 all-star in 8 seasons. no All-NBA teams. never regarded as top 5 at his own position. his +/- numbers ranked somewhere in the 200's. his team (grizzlies) had zero problems winning when he was out.

that being said he was phenomenal for the lakers from 08-10.

but you have people saying he was the best big in the league some of those years (LOL), people saying he was the lakers best player in 2010 (WTF?), and i've even heard people say hes top 50 all-time. LOL.

smh.
    Kobe without a dominant big man either A. Misses the playoffs or B. Gets raped(pun not intended) in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    Pau Gasol...

Underrated by Kobe stans
    Overrated by Kobe Haters
    Appreciated by Laker fans.
    This. He's probably a bit underrated by casual fans but most non biased, non agenda driven fans have him rated pretty fairly. He's a great player and future HOFer, but not "Shaq 2" as some Kobe haters would lead you to believe.

Banned

people call him a hall of famer

and hes

0-16 in the playoffs as leader

4 time reserve allstar

3rd team all nba ( twice )

2nd team all nba ( once )

i dunno about all you guys. but i think that means hes overrated

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by funnystuff
    Kobe without a dominant big man either A. Misses the playoffs or B. Gets raped(pun not intended) in the first round.
    except pau has never been remotely close to "dominant". ever.

this "dominant" force was without bryant for 8 seasons. and he was never anything more than a 3rd-tier star/borderline all-star. like i said, 1 all-star team in 8 seasons.

and kobe went to three straight finals and won back-to-back chips with him.

try again.

Local High School Star

Pau Gasol in 2010 when he was the best player and the real Finals MVP on that championship Lakers team was pretty dominant.