Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Discuss Kobe Bryant/Lakers performance in the last two games

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    So we are going to pretend he didn't airball the game winning shot and that Bynum didn't put back another one of his misses?
    I believe Raja Bell got a hand on the ball, causing Kobe to shoot it awkwardly resulting in an air-ball.

If the Lakers roster stays the same, i can see Kobe averaging more than 30 points this season

College superstar

I certainly think that is possible to. But it also leaves him 0-2 in game winners this year and if you are going to (rightfully) punish LeBron for late game failures you have to acknowledge he hasn't done so well with this either. Take away Pau's 3 or Bynum following his miss and the Lakers lose to the horrific Jazz last night.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

I certainly think that is possible to. But it also leaves him 0-2 in game winners this year and if you are going to (rightfully) punish LeBron for late game failures you have to acknowledge he hasn't done so well with this either. Take away Pau's 3 or Bynum following his miss and the Lakers lose to the horrific Jazz last night.

WOW....so bringing Kobe up in something that had nothing to do with him, proves what exactly?!

More proof of exactly why REASONABLE NBA fans don't take Lebandwagoners seriously

this fool...

5 Rings and a decade of 4th quarter heroics....Umad as ****!

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Lord Mamba

Beasting right now...

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    this fool...

5 Rings and a decade of 4th quarter heroics....Umad as ****!
    I thought we were talking about this year

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    WOW....so bringing Kobe up in something that had nothing to do with him, proves what exactly?!

More proof of exactly why REASONABLE NBA fans don't take Lebandwagoners seriously
    We are in a Kobe thread jackass. So if we are going to pile adulation upon him for his game last night we should mention that he was pretty terrible in the last 5:30...

You really are terrible.

Made that high school varsity squad

Down in OT ... hits 3 to cut the lead, draws a double team to find a open Gasol for 3. > Whatever you crying about.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

We are in a Kobe thread jackass. So if we are going to pile adulation upon him for his game last night we should mention that he was pretty terrible in the last 5:30...

You really are terrible.
    Love it how this jacka**(hurricanekid) reasons like a 2 year old, and then TRIES to lie and talk about this supposed "resume" he supposedly has, contradicting himself

Yeah....you're(hurricanekid) right....YOU(hurricanekid) are terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by JM720
    Down in OT ... hits 3 to cut the lead, draws a double team to find a open Gasol for 3. > Whatever you crying about.
    And that was the biggest shot of the game. They were down by 4, with all the momentum shifting to Utah. He rebounds the ball, brings it up the floor, calmly takes a three (something he's been struggling with this year), and the ball touches nothing but the bottom of the net.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    I'm surprised Kobe's exerting this much effort for regular season games. Over the past couple years he's paced himself till the end of the season. Either he's feeling really good physically or he realizes the Lakers aren't going to seriously contend for a championship and he's going for big numbers. Hard to tell.
    Last season was really the only season he didn't exert that much energy in the regular season. In the '09-'10 season he was killing it before he got hurt and he was the front-runner for MVP by the majority too. In the '08-'09 season he was consistently dominant night in and night out in the regular season and in the post-season. Last season was really the only season he didn't try to consistently dominate night in and night out.

I think the player you might be thinking of is Dwyane Wade.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    And that was the biggest shot of the game. They were down by 4, with all the momentum shifting to Utah. He rebounds the ball, brings it up the floor, calmly takes a three (something he's been struggling with this year), and the ball touches nothing but the bottom of the net.

that was a BIG TIME 3.... momentum was all Utah and he went up the court and drained that shit.... changed the outcome

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Except Kobe hasn't shyed away from the moment at all. And his shot last night was a good attempt.. Raja got a hand on the ball just as he picked his dribble up though, forcing him to fumble it on the way up to shoot it. It was one on one though with no help.. cant really complain when he was tearing him up all game before that. When you're shooting it 30+ times a game for 40 minutes carrying the team as a 16th season vet it can be hard to keep those legs up on your jumpers in late games[especially on the tail end of a B2B].

What Lebron has done has been a circus show.. passing up shot after shot in the clutch.. shooting like 20% in his most recent fourth quarters.. bricking gamewinning freethrows.. it's exactly why GW stats aren't completely truthful. Lebron has looked way worse in crunchtime than Kobe has despite equal stats. Shit, I'm pretty sure Lebron got credit for a GW last night when he hit 2/4 FTs to tie the game.. but anyone watching the game saw him clearly choking time after time[even on those FTs where Wade bailed him out].

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Except Kobe hasn't shyed away from the moment at all. And his shot last night was a good attempt.. Raja got a hand on the ball just as he picked his dribble up though, forcing him to fumble it on the way up to shoot it. It was one on one though with no help.. cant really complain when he was tearing him up all game before that. When you're shooting it 30+ times a game for 40 minutes carrying the team as a 16th season vet it can be hard to keep those legs up on your jumpers in late games[especially on the tail end of a B2B].

What Lebron has done has been a circus show.. passing up shot after shot in the clutch.. shooting like 20% in his most recent fourth quarters.. bricking gamewinning freethrows.. it's exactly why GW stats aren't completely truthful. Lebron has looked way worse in crunchtime than Kobe has despite equal stats. Shit, I'm pretty sure Lebron got credit for a GW last night when he hit 2/4 FTs to tie the game.. but anyone watching the game saw him clearly choking time after time[even on those FTs where Wade bailed him out].
    That's an excellent point. I'm pretty sure people like pauk, DMavs41 (ginobili),etc. will include that in Lebron's game winning/tying stat after a few months or so.