Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Kobe "After losing by 20 we can

Quote Originally Posted by cotdt
    Stop making Dwight the scapegoat. Smiling is just part of his personality.
    I agree with this statement, but when you're on this stage, with these expectations, with this talent, and things are going horribly wrong, nobody wants to see this side of a what is supposed to be the centerpiece of the franchise going forward. People said the same thing about LeBron for a long time in Cleveland, that he was too fun loving and portrayed him as someone who might not care as much about winning as having fun.

Dwight's entire character has been questioned ever since Dwightmare started. From there, his fun loving attitude was no longer perceived the same as it was for the first part of his career. Does he really care that the team is losing? Is he really putting in the effort he could be? I think those are valid questions given how we have seen the guy morph over the past 2 years.

Peception isn't always fair, but it's a big part of life. Not everything that is going wrong for Lakers is Dwight's fault, but he doesn't help his case much either.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Last I checked Dwight was coming off back surgery and has a current shoulder injury. So him actually playing and putting up mediocre stats is a bad thing? What did people really expect?

It was definitely more than one guy. In the fourth quarter when the game was said and done, the camera went on devin Eubanks who was cracking up. About 5 minutes later the camera went back on him and he was still cracking up.

In a game that was supposed to represent some sort of "playoff atmosphere", laughing shouldn't happen at any point, unless of course deandre Jordan misses another free throw as terribly as he did yesterday. It wasn't just Dwight, there were others.

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    I wonder if what Kobe is doing to Dwight is what MJ did to Kwame Brown.

Break him down, humiliate him, to the point of Dwight remaining just a wall of human meat. Just some entity with no purpose or will to win.

Hey Kobe is definitely following in the path of MJ.
    Nah, at this point Dwight is already a developed player who even went to the finals once. Nothing Kobe can do would necessarily break him. But he COULD get in his head a little.

Samurai Swoosh

LOL @ Jstern saying someone can't help the way they look. Comparing Eli Mannings down syndrome face to Dwight Howard SMILING ... an act that he is concious of and can control.

If any teammate of mine was smiling after getting blown out, showing a visible lack of effort all season long, dealing with things in a femal passive aggressive way. I would most likely end up punching them in their toothy grin before the aeason was out.

Props for showing GreatRestraintBE

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Yes, as if Dwight smiling is why Lakers play like shit. Seriously, Kobe needs to stop taking digs at Dwight all the time. Its not healthy for the team or for getting the best outta the best center in the world.

Dwight's going to realize like LeBron did, that only winning will bring him the popularity he desires. Nobody gives a **** about the lovable loser, especially in a place like Los Angeles.

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    LOL @ Jstern saying someone can't help the way they look. Comparing Eli Mannings down syndrome face to Dwight Howard SMILING ... an act that he is concious of and can control.

If any teammate of mine was smiling after getting blown out, showing a visible lack of effort all season long, dealing with things in a femal passive aggressive way. I would most likely end up punching them in their toothy grin before the aeason was out.

Props for showing GreatRestraintBE
    The point of my post is that Dwight can't help the tendencies he was born with, and he shouldn't try to consciously force himself to hold himself back, and create that insane stress just to please a few ignorant fans. The same with Eli, it wasn't because of his "Down Syndrome face" but because he didn't react in the same ignorant way that the ignorant callers wanted him to react.

It doesn't matter. This team's chemistry is non-existant. There's nothing salvageable.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
    Last I checked Dwight was coming off back surgery and has a current shoulder injury. So him actually playing and putting up mediocre stats is a bad thing? What did people really expect?
    If he's been hurt all year and that's his excuse for playing terrible, maybe he shoulda just sat out the first three months.

If he had done that, maybe he'd be very close to 100% right now and actually able to do play like a top 20 player.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Dwight's a clown, we all get that at this point, but Kobe really needs to shut his mouth. Him nitpicking at every smirk that comes across dwight's face isn't helping either.

I really don't see any reason Dwight will stay in LA, at this point, but at this point I don't know if the Lakers want him. This team is in complete disarray.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Yes, as if Dwight smiling is why Lakers play like shit. Seriously, Kobe needs to stop taking digs at Dwight all the time. Its not healthy for the team or for getting the best outta the best center in the world.

I don't think anybody thinks that his smiling and joking around is making the Lakers play like shit. I think Kobes point is that these blowouts don't seem to bother dwight in the least. It appears that he doesn't care. Maybe he does, but it doesn't look like it. Maybe he shows disappointment in other ways? when does he get mad? I'd love to see him get real fired up just once.

The Answer

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    It's amazing to me how some of you fans can forgive rape charges/unfaithfulness or going into the stands after fans, but get on someone's case because he's SMILING.

It's like Joey Crawford tossing Duncan because he's laughing on the bench. We have no idea what DH was smiling about - maybe MWP was cracking a joke.

Best post in this thread. I don't even like Dwight Howard.

The Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
    Dwight's a clown, we all get that at this point, but Kobe really needs to shut his mouth. Him nitpicking at every smirk that comes across dwight's face isn't helping either.

I really don't see any reason Dwight will stay in LA, at this point, but at this point I don't know if the Lakers want him. This team is in complete disarray.

The Most Dysfunctional team in NBA History. Dwight, and Gasol are gone in the off season.