Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

Default Re: Dwayne Wade overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by 04mzwach
    Wade's failure to catch the ball in the clutch was one of the most unclutch things i've seen in a while.
    if he hadn't played like a beast all game, the Heat wouldn't have even been in position to tie/win the game. Don't fall for the Bill Buckner fallacy.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    Yeah. Wade was the only person that the Mavs had trouble with, and they pretty much guarded the other three best perimeter players in the game.

Wade had a great series, and was almost unstoppable for the most part. With that said, he couldn't get over the hump. If I can recall, he hit pretty big shots in game 1 and 3. And he kept the Heat in the game for the most part, but messed up at the last possession in game 4, plus he apparently got hurt in game 5.

Without Wade contribution, the series either would've been done in five or a sweep.

GOOD POST.. Wade is UNDERRATED IMO.. He could play off the ball better if you ask me.. :

All im hearing is excuses. Wade played solid I agree. But what I saw from him was everything I thought he was. Where was that ability to take over games? Where was the scottie pippen like defense? I guarantee you if pippen had bosh or james in 94, he wins a ring. I still remember him helping the us olympic team loose.

And what I saw from him further solidifies my statement earlier that 06 was a fluke. He's gret but you guys overrate him.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    All im hearing is excuses. Wade played solid I agree. But what I saw from him was everything I thought he was. Where was that ability to take over games? Where was the scottie pippen like defense? I guarantee you if pippen had bosh or james in 94, he wins a ring. I still remember him helping the us olympic team loose.

And what I saw from him further solidifies my statement earlier that 06 was a fluke. He's gret but you guys overrate him.
    Wade was a ****ing beast all over the floor on defense. Making huge impact blocks and chasing shooters all series long.

That would have been the best series Pippen ever played probably given the circumstances.

LOL

Go back to over-rating Rose and saying Pippen is better than Magic. LOL

he cant take over games and he aint clutch at all

lebron brought wade to his world, its contagious

lebron knew he wudnt get mvp after game 4 so he sucked it up to make wade even bigger by letting him do all the work and taking a back seat and probably come out after and say next year ima lead this team and let wade take a backseat or sum bullshit lebron likes to say along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Wade was a ****ing beast all over the floor on defense. Making huge impact blocks and chasing shooters all series long.

That would have been the best series Pippen ever played probably given the circumstances.

LOL

Go back to over-rating Rose and saying Pippen is better than Magic. LOL
    They could've used pippen defense on terry and berrea tonight and in the series. Wade was a beast on defense. Yeah right. The heat better thank god that butler was hurt. Cuz if he played, it would've been a sweep.

Name 5 Basketball players in the World you would take over Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Name 5 Basketball players in the World you would take over Wade.
    I can name 12. The dallas mavericks.

Or james, howard, nowitzki, bryant, and rose.

Saw a basketball once

You're only looking at the bad and not the good.

He was the only player who gave Dallas fits averaging 30 points the first three games. And when Dallas went zone, he played off the ball really well and completely sliced open their zone defense. The second loss was Wade just gassing himself out combined with poor offense by James and the team.

However, from game 5 onward he did slow down and he wasn't as efficient.

I was never really of a fan of his, but after watching this series I was blown away at some of the things he pulled off -- offensively and defensively.

Where was the takeover and clutch ability that I heard about?

Quote Originally Posted by all_or_nothing
    You're only looking at the bad and not the good.

He was the only player who gave Dallas fits averaging 30 points the first three games. And when Dallas went zone, he played off the ball really well and completely sliced open their zone defense. The second loss was Wade just gassing himself out combined with poor offense by James and the team.

However, from game 5 onward he did slow down and he wasn't as efficient.

I was never really of a fan of his, but after watching this series I was blown away at some of the things he pulled off -- offensively and defensively.
    Who did he stop? Not terry. Not jose juan. Not even kidd. Are you confusing a spectacular play with consistant defense? If he shut down any of those guys, were talking about game 7

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Who did he stop? Not terry. Not jose juan. Not even kidd. Are you confusing a spectacular play with consistant defense? If he shut down any of those guys, were talking about game 7
    Care to post the series stats for Kidd and JJ??????

Terry was Lebron's guy.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    He was injured. Go watch games 1-4. He was killing the Mavericks. He was imposing his will in the series and was easily the best player on the Heat at the very least, and arguably the best player in the series.

this. how come no one else is mentioning it in this thread?