Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Some appreciation for Jeremy Lin..

Man, if Lin wasn't such a TO machine...I can see him easily cracking the top 10 pgs.

But, I think it's best to look at Lin as a hybrid scorer/playmaker. His constant drives to the hole make him susceptible to TOs, but he gets buckets and fouls, causes disruptions in the defense and can get guys open looks. There's been a ton of times where he drives to the hole, drawing the defense in, then kicks it out to the open man for the three...but Garcia has been cold/sick and Parsons hasn't found his three point shot.

I think Lin really misses guys like Patterson and Delfino sometimes.

Lin is better the more he touches the ball. He however is not a Harden/Kobe level player where you'd want him to touch the ball that much. For him to take a leap into a top 10ish type player, he needs to be able to be as effective while not being such a big part of the offense as he is now. The way he plays now, you either need to be run and gun (and that's not winning a title in Houston) or be on a team that really really needs him (like the Linsanity Knicks). He's a terrible complimentary piece.

If he can be more a facilitator vs. a distributor he'll be a better player. He actually reminds me of Marbury on the Knicks in that he needs to set you up via his own offense (drive and kick) vs. someone like Kidd who could just initiate offense without needing to score.

BTW for the Lin fans and in the "are you ****ing kidding" category, ESPN had ANOTHER anchor get in trouble for making an asian joke at Lin's expense. Just ridiculous.