Default 6 Finals and never a game 7?!? AMAZING!!!

Why didn't others who have been to at least 6 finals finish their opponent off in 6 or less games like MJ did despite going up against weaker teams than what MJ faced?

Default Re: 6 Finals and never a game 7?!? AMAZING!!!

1/9

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    1/9
    Who has a 1/9 finals record?

Look at this chart showing how much talent Lebron has had on his team relative to the other team. He should have been able to do what MJ did and never have a game 7. He's just not as good of a leader. Never was, never will be. End of story, so chalk it up and move on. Look at 2011! What a choker.

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    Who has a 1/9 finals record?

Look at this chart showing how much talent Lebron has had on his team relative to the other team. He should have been able to do what MJ did and never have a game 7. He's just not as good of a leader. Never was, never will be. End of story, so chalk it up and move on. Look at 2011! What a choker.

This chart shows he had the better team twice And only marginally so in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    It doesn't matter how many times he had the best team, what matters is that he has a failure while having the best team. This is one of many reason why he will never be in GOAT consideration. Jordan showed that when he had the best team that he didn't know how to lose or how to have a game 7.

2011 is the biggest choke job in NBA history

Lebron: 8.0 talent Rating
    Dirk: 3.2 talent Rating

Miami: 5.1 talent Rating
    Dallas: .4 talent Rating

Dirk/Dallas wins in 6 LMAO

It doesn't matter how many times he had the best team, what matters is that he has a failure while having the best team. This is one of many reason why he will never be in GOAT consideration. Jordan showed that when he had the best team that he didn't know how to lose or how to have a game 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big164
    2011 is the biggest choke job in NBA history

Lebron: 8.0 talent Rating
    Dirk: 3.2 talent Rating

Miami: 5.1 talent Rating
    Dallas: .4 talent Rating

Dirk/Dallas wins in 6 LMAO
    Jordan actually had 2 Game 7's, against the Knicks in '92 & the Pacers in '98. But I'm in full agreement, Jordan NEVER had a loss as horrendous or embarrasing as LeBron's in 2011

Jordan actually had 2 Game 7's, against the Knicks in '92 & the Pacers in '98. But I'm in full agreement, Jordan NEVER had a loss as embarrassing or horrendous as LeBron's in 2011
    I'm talking a 7 game finals series. The level that Jordan turned it up to when playing in the finals relative to the conference finals was just insane. He actually understood that since you got all the way there, might as well insure victory. Lesser men were not able to do this.

Just look at his last game as a Bull, the last minutes, and that gives you the answer why he never had a game 7. He just played sincerely refusing to lose. While that doesn't guaranteed that his team would not face a game 7 in the Finals, it gives a much higher chance of never needing a game 7. It's all about percentages. And that's big, because once a series reaches a game 7, it could be anybody's game. One lucky bounce here, or unlucky, and your team loses. Cleveland could have easily lost game 7 if only Steph hadn't choked, or just hit a couple of more baskets.

Why didn't others who have been to at least 6 finals finish their opponent off in 6 or less games like MJ did despite going up against weaker teams than what MJ faced?
    I'm not even an Mj fan and I agree that Mj is the one guy who never choked in the finals.

Lebron and Wilt are prolly the greatest chokers of all time but at least Wilt owns half the record books, Lebron has nothing else going for him outside of 3/7. 3/7 is actually his top accolade.

Quote Originally Posted by Big164
    I'm not even an Mj fan and I agree that Mj is the one guy who never choked in the finals.

Lebron and Wilt are prolly the greatest chokers of all time but at least Wilt owns half the record books, Lebron has nothing else going for him outside of 3/7. 3/7 is actually his top accolade.
    The thing that is impressive about Wilt is his freak genetics which would be applicable to today's game if he was born at the same time as Lebron or anyone else of Lebron's era. People like to use the excuse that he played against weak competition but fail to entertain the idea that it wasn't his fault that he wasn't given better competition. He didn't really have a choice in the matter. There's no reason to think that he would be any worse of a choker than Lebron in today's game if both played at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    Just look at his last game as a Bull, the last minutes, and that gives you the answer why he never had a game 7.
    MJ understood the lines of sight that refs had. He knew that he could get away with that push off and that none of the refs would see it based on where he was positioned relative to them. He wasted no movement on the court and once he understood exactly how to win, it was game over.

I'm talking a 7 game finals series. The level that Jordan turned it up to when playing in the finals relative to the conference finals was just insane. He actually understood that since you got all the way there, might as well insure victory. Lesser men were not able to do this.
    What was Jordan doing in 1990 and 1995? Too busy being amazing to even make the finals? What about when Jordan lost in the 1st round? He was so good that he didn't even need to get to the 2nd round? I don't get this argument

Good college starter CuhGetsBucks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    What was Jordan doing in 1990 and 1995? Too busy being amazing to even make the finals? What about when Jordan lost in the 1st round? He was so good that he didn't even need to get to the 2nd round? I don't get this argument
    These ninjas are gay honestly, they take time out their day to have dick measuring contests between athletes that don't know they exist. It's slightly crazy.