Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: The best free throw shooter in the history of NBA shows how it's done

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    In depth look at his free throw technique:

http://micohaliliblogs.blogspot.com/...hind-rick.html

Rick Barry actually simplified his already simple free throw I think after 1975, and gained another several percentage points in accuracy (already a 90% shooter, he improved to 92-94%) he explains that change in that video. Rick Barry's technique is a way to potentially shoot 92-94%.
    He also mentioned how Wilt used too much of his wrist on the shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMaBWVZuAgE&t=6m30s
    Last edited by PHILA; 05-06-2015 at 09:10 PM.

Default Re: The best free throw shooter in the history of NBA shows how it's done

Quote Originally Posted by PHILA
    He also mentioned how Wilt used too much of wrist on the shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMaBWVZuAgE&t=6m30s
    The guy at 3:12 is like a perfect representation of 90% of basketball fans on the internet https://youtu.be/WMaBWVZuAgE?t=3m13s

Zero idea what he's talking about historically, and throws in the buzzword evolution

I bet CuckFTW does this shit at the park.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

That's legit bullshit anyways.

Some of the biggest hands in NBA history belonged too:

Connie Hawkins
    Julius Erving
    Michael Jordan

Hawkins, and Erving in particular had hands bigger than probably 98% of all players that have ever played in the NBA - even including centers. Hands much bigger than Rondo's.

They had soft touch just like players with small hands.
    its not actually, its all about proportions. Rondo barefoot is a 6 foot max. He has hands of a 7 footer and a wingspan of 6'11. He has absolute freak proportions relative to height. His hands are way bigger relatively speaking than any of those players you mentioned. The fact I only starting playing ball casually 5 years ago and pretty much never miss a free throw makes it pretty obvious to me thats a little more than a lack of effort on Rondo's part.

His proportions are just terrible for shooting, mainly because every shot he takes there is so much potential variation to creep in because of his length relative to the actual size of his body. I am not saying he couldn't be a better shooter if he actually tried harder, but saying its purely down to being lazy is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by theaussieguy
    its not actually, its all about proportions. Rondo barefoot is a 6 foot max. He has hands of a 7 footer and a wingspan of 6'11. He has absolute freak proportions relative to height. His hands are way bigger relatively speaking than any of those players you mentioned. The fact I only starting playing ball casually 5 years ago and pretty much never miss a free throw makes it pretty obvious to me thats a little more than a lack of effort on Rondo's part.

His proportions are just terrible for shooting, mainly because every shot he takes there is so much potential variation to creep in because of his length relative to the actual size of his body. I am not saying he couldn't be a better shooter if he actually tried harder, but saying its purely down to being lazy is wrong.
    His hands, even "relatively/proportionately" speaking, are still not as big as those guys I just mentioned.

Dr. J for example said in an interview recently when he had first met Kareem Kareem could not take his eyes off his hands. Because his hands were bigger than Kareem's. And outside of Wilt Kareem had probably the biggest hands in the NBA. Dr. J was just 6 foot 6 210 pounds with hands, like I said, as big as pretty much anyone who's ever played. And MJ at only 6-5 had hands probably in the 97th+ percentile of players all-time.

Rondo's hands are about as big as a typical power forwards. They're relatively big. But still not in the class of Dr. J or MJ.

Dr. J's hands are like top 5 all-time big. He's probably the smallest guy with hands his size that has ever played in the NBA. Actually, there's probably no more than 5-10 players that have ever played in the NBA with hands his size.

Look at his hands next to 6-10 260 pound Moses Malone's.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 05-06-2015 at 09:30 PM.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

His hands, even "relatively/proportionately" speaking, are still not as big as those guys I just mentioned.

Dr. J for example said in an interview recently when he had first met Kareem Kareem could not take his eyes off his hands. Because his hands were bigger than Kareem's. And outside of Wilt Kareem had probably the biggest hands in the NBA. Dr. J was just 6 foot 6 210 pounds with hands, like I said, as big as pretty much anyone who's ever played. And MJ at only 6-5 had hands probably in the 97th+ percentile of players all-time.

Rondo's hands are about as big as a typical power forwards. They're relatively big. But still not in the class of Dr. J or MJ.

Dr. J's hands are like top 5 all-time big. He's probably the smallest guy with hands his size that has ever played in the NBA. Actually, there's probably no more than 5-10 players that have ever played in the NBA with hands his size.

Look at his hands next to 6-10 260 pound Moses Malone's.

bet u'd love to be jacked off by those hands