Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Reports: Bosh & Wade likely to opt out by Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Wade and Bosh?
    Who gives a shit?
    Please dude. We all know how much you were riding on Exum- now he's suddenly "unproven" and "Nobody has watched him, Henni is a genius"

But whatever, maybe the Magic won't **** things up this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    Please dude. We all know how much you were riding on Exum- now he's suddenly "unproven" and "Nobody has watched him, Henni is a genius"

But whatever, maybe the Magic won't **** things up this time around.
    Riding on Exum? Tbh I never gave a shit about Exum.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory
    Fairly inevitable. Would have been a lot more interesting if there was one or two legit alternatives for LeBron out there; nothing comes close to what Miami offers him imo. That comes from someone who cannot stand the Heat.
    The most attractive thing being that Bron knows the East is weak. If he had a great opportunity in the West he would think about it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    The most attractive thing being that Bron knows the East is weak. If he had a great opportunity in the West he would think about it twice.
    Good luck getting out next year.

Serious playground baller FlawlessVictory's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Leaving the East would be insane in many ways.

Hoping the Bulls can put together a legit roster to challenge them over the next few years. Unfortunately the Pacers cheap ass owners precludes them from ever topping the Heat imo.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Tim/Tony/Manu aren't in their prime, but I wouldn't hold it against them if they took as much money as they could get.

Using this logic process why don't all the free agents just take minimum deals and you could have the most unbeatable team in the world. Competitive spirit in the NBA is beyond pathetic.
    Wade is still in his prime? That's news to me.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    Wade and bosh are outta their minds. They already have 3 & 2 rings. Get that 20 mil
    Straight up if I was them, I would do the same. Wade is almost done, might as well try to collect as much cash as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    They've been taking discounts for years. It's not a bad thing, I think it's great and unselfish.

TP has never made more than 13 mill/yr in his career. Manu's highest is 14, most years lower than 10. Duncan took that per year discount in the early 00's, aroun 17 mill/yr on that deal. It's great stuff, but total double standard to hate Miami's guys for it.
    How is colluding with top tier players and taking a little less money being unselfish? They took a small cut to win titles for themselves. There is no such thing as being unselfish in the NBA because everyone is making decisions for the greater good of themselves. They didnt do this for the team. They did it so they themselves can win titles.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    How is colluding with top tier players and taking a little less money being unselfish? They took a small cut to win titles for themselves. There is no such thing as being unselfish in the NBA because everyone is making decisions for the greater good of themselves. They didnt do this for the team. They did it so they themselves can win titles.
    I meant this time around, they're supposedly going to be taking bigger pay cuts if they want impact players.

You don't think the sacrifices they made on the court have shown unselfishness? Each was the #1 alpha dog on their team in their primes...takes a lot to overcome that and share the spotlight. So many times we have seen that fail. See: 2012 Lakers.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

I like how any time the Heat get a player now, it's gonna be called collusion.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Straight up if I was them, I would do the same. Wade is almost done, might as well try to collect as much cash as possible.
    Wade could very well be set for the next life when it comes to money

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/art...chest-athlete/

So who knows, maybe that might be the difference between him opting in or not.

Bran is also rich as **** from endorsements. Bosh? Well he's been saying for a good while that he'd rather win championships and be part of a good team than put up godly stats on a shit one. He's said before that he wants to retire in a Heat jersey and that he loves living in Miami. He has the most expensive house out of any NBA player- and it is in Miami.
    Last edited by BasedTom; 06-27-2014 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Best player in the league takes less money TWICE so owner don't have to pay luxury taxes

Owners gonna ass rape the Players Union next CBA
    Bingo. Second cap.

Next CBA is going to be like... 40 million cap, only first year of contracts can be guaranteed, max salary is 7 mil per year, no raises, no minimum salary.

Very good NBA starter

They've been taking discounts for years. It's not a bad thing, I think it's great and unselfish.

TP has never made more than 13 mill/yr in his career. Manu's highest is 14, most years lower than 10. Duncan took that per year discount in the early 00's, aroun 17 mill/yr on that deal. It's great stuff, but total double standard to hate Miami's guys for it.
    The only reason the Spurs players took pay cuts is because the owner is too cheap to go into luxury tax. They could have made all the same moves while in luxury tax. The fact that they managed to trade George Hill for a future finals MVP has more to do with their success than having their big 3 take pay cuts so Tiago Splitter can get 10 million a year.

As for Miami's big 3 this is just bitch made. As soon as they lose instead of manning up and seeing how they can each improve individually they decide let's stack the team up even more. They going to do this every year they don't win the title? Other teams in the league should start colluding with Chicago and Indiana and just start gifting them players. Also the NBA just needs to get rid of conferences. This is a joke.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    The only reason the Spurs players took pay cuts is because the owner is too cheap to go into luxury tax. They could have made all the same moves while in luxury tax. The fact that they managed to trade George Hill for a future finals MVP has more to do with their success than having their big 3 take pay cuts so Tiago Splitter can get 10 million a year.

As for Miami's big 3 this is just bitch made. As soon as they lose instead of manning up and seeing how they can each improve individually they decide let's stack the team up even more. They going to do this every year they don't win the title? Other teams in the league should start colluding with Chicago and Indiana and just start gifting them players. Also the NBA just needs to get rid of conferences. This is a joke.
    No rational person who covers/watches the NBA would tell you that Miami could win the title with the same squad. I think they're opting out to bring in quality rotation guys, not a Melo.

Their bench and role players were awful in the Finals. Seriously, did you see Chalmers/Cole? They obviously need to upgrade, and the only way to have proper flexibility was to opt out and give Pat Riley room to operate.

Honestly, if this was the Lakers with these guys, you wouldn't give two shits.

Honestly, if this was the Lakers with these guys, you wouldn't give two shits.
    Bullshit. I'd think the same damn thing.

I'd be really glad they did it, but I would still think it's a bitch move.