Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: We all wanted to be in the NBA. Why didnt we work for it?

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    Yeap, kblaze you delutional. There's a reason so much people say they can't, or they won't make it. That's because we all have a clear head and can see why.

There's so many examples in this thread and so many things going against what you are arguing.. yet you keep going on... yeah I already told you. You can't. No chance.
    You can say it again. It wont make it a decent argument. There are too many examples of people who were not on track to be anything being scooped up by a mentor or deciding to will themselves into greatness and pull it off to just assume that the only people who could make it are those who did it. There are billions of men who have never played basketball.

Of course hundreds of thousands have the magic fairy dust you people seem to think makes all the difference. But the extreme vast majority simply do not apply themselves, dont get the backing from people who know how to teach them, dont have the resources, or live where they simply will never be spotted.

You have no idea who these people are. You couldnt pick a Herschel Walker out of a crowd of chubby kids. You couldnt find Charles Barkley in a group of overweight 5'10'' HS sophmores who cant get rim. You dont know Steve Kerr is Steve Kerr at 14. Steve Francis couldnt dunk at 17. You hear about the work he put in to change that? Dude quit basketball for 2 years after his mother died. Quit at I think 14 or 15 then got back to it. Steve Francis stays with some of his knucklehead friends he stays a poor motherless kid who cant dunk and if hes on ISH saying "I could have made it" every one of you says no you couldnt.

All of you "It cant be done" posters pale in comparison to remembering it starting to rain down at the neighborhood park and everyone leaving....but Shammond Williams staying. Both of his brothers were at a time better than he was(at the same age I mean...fluff was much younger). One just didnt take it serious and one kinda did....but was more into girls. Which I cant judge him for. I was too.

But I dont think its by chance the one who made it is the guy shooting jumpers in the rain.

But you know what?

If he had stopped....if he walked off with the rest when it was no longer nice out. If he was riding around listening to Illmatic instead of working....if he stays the merely ok player he was in middle school and 9th grade and didnt push it till our school were the state champions and he left for college....

He could well be here right now. And every single one of you saying I couldnt have done it would be saying the same if he made this topic.

I just want one person to acknowledge that.

Id like one person to be real enough to admit it.

I can admit and always have....that the odds dont favor me making it. But I always wonder why I never took it serious when I was so far ahead of my peers for so long.

There is an ocean of athletes who never tried and anyone being honest knows they cant pick the individual drops that had a chance and those that didnt.

But humans are so negative towards eachother they doubt off the bat. And it isnt even sports.

Its everything. Its why every rags to riches story has a "They said I couldnt...." story and why every self made billionaire has hundreds in their wake who would be rich too if they had believed in them and got in on the ground floor. Humans are crabs in a bucket. Selfish and dont want anyone else to make it if they cant.

But that doesnt make them right.

And anyone saying they know what I possibly could have done when they never met me, never saw me play, or know anyone who has is just flat out lying or letting the human nature to doubt overwhelm their logic.

Its a decision based on NOTHING. You have not one speck of evidence regarding what I was capable of or any of a million others. You just say there is zero chance because putting down your fellow man is human nature.

There is zero chance the guy who played Mini Me makes the NBA.

There is simply a small chance a guy like me could.

And guess what....

There was only a small chance a guy like you could either. But you say its zero...not because you are being honest with yourself....but because the doubt is so great it defeats your logic.

If your dad was Pistol Petes dad or Todd Marinovichs....if you eat right, get pumped with vitamins and supplements, have your dad forcing forms of strength building on you literally in the cirib(next to your ball), you have to dribble to school and home, and shoot jumpers in bed straight up from your back to perfect your form.....if you spend hours throwing behind the back passes off a barn door, not playing with other kids but learning to make floaters over your dad when you are 8 all summer, and running off stacks of buckets to perfect coming off screens and shooting on the catch....

If you are built from the ground up to do nothing but play ball...

You are not you.

You might be:

Or maybe

Too short?

Maybe

Who was pretty much the same thing far as how he built his game.

I dont know what you are capable of. But I dont doubt you because I dont know you. But you doubt me.

With no evidence of my ability at all.

And act like im delusional?

Delusional is assuming you know an athletic kids potential if he maxed it out when you never even saw him dribble a ball.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    You can say it again. It wont make it a decent argument. There are too many examples of people who were not on track to be anything being scooped up by a mentor or deciding to will themselves into greatness and pull it off to just assume that the only people who could make it are those who did it. There are billions of men who have never played basketball.

Of course hundreds of thousands have the magic fairy dust you people seem to think makes all the difference. But the extreme vast majority simply do not apply themselves, dont get the backing from people who know how to teach them, dont have the resources, or live where they simply will never be spotted.

You have no idea who these people are. You couldnt pick a Herschel Walker out of a crowd of chubby kids. You couldnt find Charles Barkley in a group of overweight 5'10'' HS sophmores who cant get rim. You dont know Steve Kerr is Steve Kerr at 14. Steve Francis couldnt dunk at 17. You hear about the work he put in to change that? Dude quit basketball for 2 years after his mother died. Quit at I think 14 or 15 then got back to it. Steve Francis stays with some of his knucklehead friends he stays a poor motherless kid who cant dunk and if hes on ISH saying "I could have made it" every one of you says no you couldnt.

All of you "It cant be done" posters pale in comparison to remembering it starting to rain down at the neighborhood park and everyone leaving....but Shammond Williams staying. Both of his brothers were at a time better than he was(at the same age I mean...fluff was much younger). One just didnt take it serious and one kinda did....but was more into girls. Which I cant judge him for. I was too.

But I dont think its by chance the one who made it is the guy shooting jumpers in the rain.

But you know what?

If he had stopped....if he walked off with the rest when it was no longer nice out. If he was riding around listening to Illmatic instead of working....if he stays the merely ok player he was in middle school and 9th grade and didnt push it till our school were the state champions and he left for college....

He could well be here right now. And every single one of you saying I couldnt have done it would be saying the same if he made this topic.

I just want one person to acknowledge that.

Id like one person to be real enough to admit it.

I can admit and always have....that the odds dont favor me making it. But I always wonder why I never took it serious when I was so far ahead of my peers for so long.

There is an ocean of athletes who never tried and anyone being honest knows they cant pick the individual drops that had a chance and those that didnt.

But humans are so negative towards eachother they doubt off the bat. And it isnt even sports.

Its everything. Its why every rags to riches story has a "They said I couldnt...." story and why every self made billionaire has hundreds in their wake who would be rich too if they had believed in them and got in on the ground floor. Humans are crabs in a bucket. Selfish and dont want anyone else to make it if they cant.

But that doesnt make them right.

And anyone saying they know what I possibly could have done when they never met me, never saw me play, or know anyone who has is just flat out lying or letting the human nature to doubt overwhelm their logic.

Its a decision based on NOTHING. You have not one speck of evidence regarding what I was capable of or any of a million others. You just say there is zero chance because putting down your fellow man is human nature.

There is zero chance the guy who played Mini Me makes the NBA.

There is simply a small chance a guy like me could.

And guess what....

There was only a small chance a guy like you could either. But you say its zero...not because you are being honest with yourself....but because the doubt is so great it defeats your logic.

If your dad was Pistol Petes dad or Todd Marinovichs....if you eat right, get pumped with vitamins and supplements, have your dad forcing forms of strength building on you literally in the cirib(next to your ball), you have to dribble to school and home, and shoot jumpers in bed straight up from your back to perfect your form.....if you spend hours throwing behind the back passes off a barn door, not playing with other kids but learning to make floaters over your dad when you are 8 all summer, and running off stacks of buckets to perfect coming off screens and shooting on the catch....

If you are built from the ground up to do nothing but play ball...

You are not you.

You might be:

Or maybe

Too short?

Maybe

Who was pretty much the same thing far as how he built his game.

I dont know what you are capable of. But I dont doubt you because I dont know you. But you doubt me.

With no evidence of my ability at all.

And act like im delusional?

Delusional is assuming you know an athletic kids potential if he maxed it out when you never even saw him dribble a ball.
    Stop bringing up people you know nothing about. LOL @ Marinovich. I was watching that addict before you were even born. He was quite popular over here in these neck of the woods.

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Stop bringing up people you know nothing about. LOL @ Marinovich. I was watching that addict before you were even born. He was quite popular over here in these neck of the woods.
    What a dumbass

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

And the 19 year old who remembers Tiny Archibald makes an appearance. I think its safe to say that ends to reasonable discussion portion of the topic.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

@kblaze

don't know if you noticed my other post but I asked about the number of second generation nba players and how their presence...affects your theory.

outside of kobe.....not really (m)any instances of son of rich athlete being as driven as their father in sports.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides that...I can't argue with your overall point. You saw a kid grow up devoting himself to basketball and making himself into an nba caliber player.

One of my family members went to school with 5'6" division THREE player who went to the pros...

when you witness firsthand people defying every conceivable obstacle to make it to the pros....I can see how it might have you thinking the way you do.

i heard a speech/ad that Magic gave about bringing a shovel to outdoor court in MICHIGAN winters to clear off the court so that he could play.

Magic and Kobe are exceptions, but that kind of single minded devotion to sport is usually found in people from bad economic situations who see sport as their way up and out of their conditions.

whether it's chance at free ride at college or shot at the pros...and I'm talking about worldwide...

the discipline sacrifices and focus it takes to do that are just not gonna be in everybody's dna.....and some are driven by things other than economics

Don't beat yourself up because you didn't have it, or apply it to sports. It's more practical to apply that kind of drive to things other than athletics anyway, in the big picture

and I've always felt that the reason that a good number of elite athletes get into very public bad situations is that they are many years behind others in development in many ways. While others were living balanced lives..school,girls,books,etc...and LEARNING from life situations.....athletes were playing ball or studying the sport..their development in many OTHER areas of life was stunted.