Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tony wroten

Default Tony wroten

A year ago you wouldn't trade Felton for Wroten.

Right now would you trade hardaway jr or shumpert for him?

Krust Kingz

Default Re: Tony wroten

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    A year ago you wouldn't trade Felton for Wroten.

Right now would you trade hardaway jr or shumpert for him?
    What does he bring to the table that he is better than or equal to shumpert or hardaway?

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    What does he bring to the table that he is better than or equal to shumpert or hardaway?
    Hard away - rebounding, playmaking, dribbling, getting to the basket

Shumpert- playmaking, ball handling

Big difference overall- wroten is a gaurd, the others wings

Krust Kingz

Hard away - rebounding, playmaking, dribbling, getting to the basket

Shumpert- playmaking, ball handling

Big difference overall- wroten is a gaurd, the others wings
    I am not going to disagree or agree with your analysis. I just dont see much upside with this guy Wroten other than his athleticism. I am all for moving any player but I am curious to see what Shump brings to the table this year before I completely jump off his bandwagon.

I am curious to see what _________ brings to the table this year before I completely jump off his bandwagon.[/B]
    Nice- same strategy used w amare and chandler. Always best to kill the value before trying to deal.

I think teams could see hard away and shun pert as having starter value now

Krust Kingz

Nice- same strategy used w amare and chandler. Always best to kill the value before trying to deal.

I think teams could see hard away and shun pert as having starter value now
    You have to be kidding. You are acting like the Knicks are developing players just to trade them. This is not how basketball works.

Probably unbeknownst to you the intention was to build a squad whether you agree or disagree with the method and results.

Most trades occur to acquire stars or potential stars, dump to increase the percentages of winning the ping pong lottery, add a piece to make a run in the playoffs or increase home attendance. It is no longer to get cap space.

So to move Shump or Hardaway for a player like Wroten is kind of sideways in value or slightly + or - in potential.

You have to be kidding. You are acting like the Knicks are developing players just to trade them. This is not how basketball works.

Probably unbeknownst to you the intention was to build a squad whether you agree or disagree with the method and results.

Most trades occur to acquire stars or potential stars, dump to increase the percentages of winning the ping pong lottery, add a piece to make a run in the playoffs or increase home attendance. It is no longer to get cap space.

So to move Shump or Hardaway for a player like Wroten is kind of sideways in value or slightly + or - in potential.

How do you get a pg if not by trade? Wroten is not perfect (doesn't have an outside shot). But this team had major weakness at coach and pg. Coach will improve but if pg isn't improved it's another wasted season if it's Felton and prigioni

If you can buy low and sell high that is how you succeed in business. Hardaway jr was got with a late 1st round pick. If you can turn that into a starter it's a win.

Krust Kingz

How do you get a pg if not by trade? Wroten is not perfect (doesn't have an outside shot). But this team had major weakness at coach and pg. Coach will improve but if pg isn't improved it's another wasted season if it's Felton and prigioni
    Wroten isnt a PG though. There is this thing around the summertime called a DRAFT.
    Last edited by Rameek; 05-31-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

I dont mind a hypothetical, but why would Philly give him up?

he played well for them and is still on his rookie deal.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    I dont mind a hypothetical, but why would Philly give him up?

he played well for them and is still on his rookie deal.
    You're prob right, I would think they might move him if they want to fill their 2 spot if they ghet embiid or Parker.

Reality is Memphis moved him for almost nothing. A deal even the Knicks had the ammo and the need. Then philly played him and was very good especially during stretches as a starter. I just remember hearing here that the Knicks wouldn't want to give up a proven player like Felton for him.

Switch the hypothetical to Felton + 2 2nds for wroten. Maybe Philly plans to tank another few years. Felton could be perfect for them. As long as they don't get Parker they aren't getting any better

Wroten isnt a PG though. There is this thing around the summertime called a DRAFT.
    Too bad you weren't willing to throw out any ideas on who could be had in the draft with a pick you could buy. Nick Johnson from Arizona or that elfrid Payton IMO

But yeah he is an nba pg.

Krust Kingz

But yeah he is an nba pg.
    Have you seen him play? He had a handdul of effective games but it wasnt from the PG position.

Ive never begrudged your creativity in regards to possible acquusitions.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

You're prob right, I would think they might move him if they want to fill their 2 spot if they ghet embiid or Parker.
    Wroten played the 2 exclusively with Philly...MCW started all the games at point.

Reality is Memphis moved him for almost nothing. A deal even the Knicks had the ammo and the need. Then philly played him and was very good especially during stretches as a starter. I just remember hearing here that the Knicks wouldn't want to give up a proven player like Felton for him.
    I havent heard that from anywhere. I'd like a link to it.

Switch the hypothetical to Felton + 2 2nds for wroten. Maybe Philly plans to tank another few years. Felton could be perfect for them. As long as they don't get Parker they aren't getting any better
    Are you endorsing giving up draft picks for him?

Wroten has played nice for Philly but he was their 2 guard. He's not really a full time pg and this diving up draft picks in every trade has to end.