Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Kobe "Unless they

I believe that LA is in for a tough decision in the offseason.

They realistically wanted to get out of paying Bynum huge money while getting a young vet star. Dwight's only destinations are Nets and ATL.

LA has to make decision with Kobe or choose DWight and build around him.

LA also has good pieces that just cant be moved easily.

Samurai Swoosh

LMAO ... MORE HELP? Dios mio, Kobe. That's almost as soft as Bron going to join his main Eastern Conference superstar rival.

This guy just wants the APPEARANCE of wanting to win. He wants to win, but only on his terms, which means trying to put up 30 ppg instead of making the right basketball decisions in order to win.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    LMAO ... MORE HELP? Dios mio, Kobe. That's almost as soft as Bron going to join his main Eastern Conference superstar rival.

This guy just wants the APPEARANCE of wanting to win. He wants to win, but only on his terms, which means trying to put up 30 ppg instead of making the right basketball decisions in order to win.

what's the point of winning if it's not on your terms or your way?

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    what's the point of winning if it's not on your terms or your way?
    If you're about winning collectively with your teammates, and not on selfish agendas ... that's exactly the point. If you're a legit competitor and not just a glory hound, you do whatever it takes to win with the framework of the team and team chemistry.

If that means sacrificing your pursuit of 30 ppg, increasing your efficiency by taking smart shots and getting others involved, while playing CONSISTENT stellar defense ... that's what you do.

The goal is to lead "his team" to wins. If he shoulders the responsibility of calling the Lakers his team, and he gets the credit when they win, he needs to look in the mirror when they are losing.

Or in this case, a stacked roster with a sub .500 record heading mid way into the season.

Very good NBA starter

Nash- At this stage would be a great 6th man and 2nd unit guard. Nash works as a starter if you have great athletic roamer in the Marion/Tony Allen/Bradley mode. LA doesn't have that.

Dwight- Does not work well with Pau. and neither will come off the bench.

They are a mess chemistry wise.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Kobe is an all-time great; top 10-15 player all-time. :
    Kobe is top 5-10 all-time depending on who you ask and what their criteria is. But anything below 10 and you're kidding yourself. Kareem, Jordan, Bird, Magic, Shaq, Russell, Hakeem, Duncan and Wilt are the only players that can be reasonably ranked in front of him. No one else has a case.

College superstar

Hahahahahhaaj how much help does Kobe need??????? Dude always crying and bitching when things get tough.....

Wonder whether he'd prefer to win with a secondary/lesser role or get the all-time scoring record which would mean putting up big points (and probably losing). The former means less points but more games and the latter means more games but less points per game. Either way seems like more points and winning aren't going hand in hand.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by swag2011
    OP add the whole quote next time.

"This team needs me on both ends of the floor," said Bryant, who has taken a larger defensive role in the past week. "So unless they're going to do something roster-wise, I have to continue to push through it."

Does Bryant believe the Lakers' front office needs to make a move?

"No," he said. "Listen, if this is what we're rolling with, I can't make excuses. I have to go out there and do my job."

http://www.dailynews.com/lakers/ci_22414544?source=rss

let me requote this because i'm sure kobe haters are going to over look it..

National High School Star therammingman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swag2011
    OP add the whole quote next time.

"This team needs me on both ends of the floor," said Bryant, who has taken a larger defensive role in the past week. "So unless they're going to do something roster-wise, I have to continue to push through it."

Does Bryant believe the Lakers' front office needs to make a move?

"No," he said. "Listen, if this is what we're rolling with, I can't make excuses. I have to go out there and do my job."

http://www.dailynews.com/lakers/ci_22414544?source=rss
    that's key. he could have just said no....but then he said IF this is what we're gonna go with...leaving it open that the team could/should make a change.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    They are a mess chemistry wise.
    And Kobe's pursuit of shooting 25 shots a game to score 30 ppg on 47% while not putting major effort consistently on defense, or trying to create for lesser role players to give them a boost of confidence IS good for team chemistry?

Riiight. Not Kobe's fault at all.

Dude is subtely crying for MORE help, yet not fully utilizing the talent he already has.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Kobe is an all-time great; top 10-15 player all-time. This guy needs to retire though...asap.

It seems that you're in the minority with that opinion

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/lists/T...photo=30219328

http://www.hoopsmanifesto.com/articl...-all-time.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...ll-time/page/6

http://www.basketball-reference.com/..._greatest.html

http://www.wonderslist.com/2013/01/1...s-of-all-time/

anybody who doesn't have Kobe top 10 strictly hating, and shows their ignorance.

I have Kobe at #10. Relax.

If you're about winning collectively with your teammates, and not on selfish agendas ... that's exactly the point. If you're a legit competitor and not just a glory hound, you do whatever it takes to win with the framework of the team and team chemistry.

If that means sacrificing your pursuit of 30 ppg, increasing your efficiency by taking smart shots and getting others involved, while playing CONSISTENT stellar defense ... that's what you do.

The goal is to lead "his team" to wins. If he shoulders the responsibility of calling the Lakers his team, and he gets the credit when they win, he needs to look in the mirror when they are losing.

Or in this case, a stacked roster with a sub .500 record heading mid way into the season.
    And Kobe's pursuit of shooting 25 shots a game to score 30 ppg on 47% while not putting major effort consistently on defense, or trying to create for lesser role players to give them a boost of confidence IS good for team chemistry?

Riiight. Not Kobe's fault at all.

Dude is subtely crying for MORE help, yet not fully utilizing the talent he already has.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Get 'em Swoosh.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by therammingman
    that's key. he could have just said no....but then he said IF this is what we're gonna go with...leaving it open that the team could/should make a change.
    he still said he doesn't think they need to make a roster change, he's not asking for more help. And if he is, how do we know it's not to SIGN more players like Delonte West instead of trade players?

Kobes been playing great this year and Lakers have the 6th best offence this is not Kobes fault