Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Expecting another big move for career purposes (NY or IN)

2 phone interviews down: Portland and Ithaca. Loved how the Portland interview went.

I also got an interview for Villanova now.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    I usually suggest a Masters program first. Especially for people who did not work after their B.S. and are under 26. It's a big commitment that kids are typically not prepared for. Especially in certain departments.
    Most doctoral programs in psychology these days have it built in to get your masters along the way. You can get your masters and drop out if you want, which I knew a few who did in my program.

Essentially, you can do a 5 year doctoral program, which gets you a masters after year 2. Or you can do a 2 year masters program, and then later return for a doctorate as an advanced standing student and do 4 years in the program. The one thing I don't know is how bad it looks if you do a doctoral program, drop after your masters, and then decide to return later for your doctorate.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    This. Ithaca is the f*cking worst, coming from someone who went to college there for a bit. All of the NYC rich kids go to Ithaca and Cornell.

There's a reason Ithaca College had/has one of the highest suicide rates. The area is rife for the Myth mental game if you want it.

It's an okay locale if you like woods and lakes, but it has a shit winter, is rural as f*ck, and is essentially a college town. Syracuse is the closest decent city to go on weekends.
    My gf has family connections at Ithaca, which is why we applied (in case things get desperate), but it is now my 4th choice (out of 4) now that I have more interviews lined up.