Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Dennis Rodman is underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by DOUBLE DRIBBLE
    Wow... Are u just throwing theseout there? Show me any footage of this happening while he wore a Mavs jeresy. You're exaggerating abut brotha...too slow, not quick enough? Out of position? Are you serious?
    Lol he doesn't have a reputation for being a bad defender for no reason. Show me who he's shut down.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    Then Ben Wallace must be overrated.
    Very much so.

I rule the local playground Turkododo's Avatar

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    what is underrated about him? he constantly gets due credit for his defense and rebounding so i am not sure why this thread even exists.

it's the fact that people underrate exactly how important those things are to winning championships.

everyone pays brief lipservice saying rodman was a great defender and rebounder. but nobody ever says "rings!" when talking about him like they do with other players because they think he didnt do enough to contribute to them to use that as a barometer.

of course if you bring up jordan, it's "SIX RINGS, SIX RINGS!!!!!" as if he earned six rings by beating teams 1 on 5.

and then of course kobe stans are following in those same footsteps, as if the rest of the laker team isnt loaded.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Lol he never quit on a team. In fact, he gave 110 per every night. He called out the spurs and questioned robinsons will and dedication to winning. I remember him reffering to how it bothered him that when the spurs were loosing, they'd be on the sideline joking around. And he never quit as a piston or a bull.
    Kid, I have watched nearly every single Spurs AND Bulls game since the early 90s. I personally guarantee you that Rodman quit while playing for both teams MULTIPLE times. And I could not care less that that ass clown said about SA. Anybody who watched him in the playoffs know he would constantly quit mid play and just stand still and slap at people's wrists (like Sam Cassell) as he's dribbling up court because he was bored with playing basketball.

He's a disgrace to the NBA. Extremley overrated. And dude, I have been a fan of both SA and Chicago for 20 years. I think he sucks. Who else's opinion would mean more than mine? Besides someone who liked Detroit, SA, and Chicago for 20 years?

He quit all the time. He just makes 2-3 stupid fouls in a row when he wants to be taken out of the game. And he was always letting people take borderline uncontested jumpers so he could try and get a rebound.

NinjaSeal
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

You mean bend but don't break. Even if nash played in another system, he's not a good/on the ball defender. He gets beat far too often, is always out of position, is too slow, not quick enough, can't jump etc. Other than that, hes a good defender
    so rodman is just as athletic as jordan was.. in terms of speed , not acceleration (lateral movement), but speed

son rodman was athletic

National High School Star mattevans11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DOUBLE DRIBBLE
    You got take for account the system Nash played in... they didn't rely on defense. Nash isn't as bad defensively as it appears. Don't get me wrong... Not saying he is good on D because he isn't but playing in that system doesn't help either. There have been other MVP's that weren't good defenders too. You do know it's called "most valuable player" right? Not best player.

maybe the team has bad defense becuase of the liability of the pg position? nash is a bad defensive player..... not an "okay" one.

National High School Star mattevans11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    Kid, I have watched nearly every single Spurs AND Bulls game since the early 90s. I personally guarantee you that Rodman quit while playing for both teams MULTIPLE times. And I could not care less that that ass clown said about SA. Anybody who watched him in the playoffs know he would constantly quit mid play and just stand still and slap at people's wrists (like Sam Cassell) as he's dribbling up court because he was bored with playing basketball.

He's a disgrace to the NBA. Extremley overrated. And dude, I have been a fan of both SA and Chicago for 20 years. I think he sucks. Who else's opinion would mean more than mine? Besides someone who liked Detroit, SA, and Chicago for 20 years?

He quit all the time. He just makes 2-3 stupid fouls in a row when he wants to be taken out of the game. And he was always letting people take borderline uncontested jumpers so he could try and get a rebound.

another ego maniac in the forum... disregard my last post..... he was not being sarcastic at all..... good god..... but he is the expert here..... he said it himself...

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Wow, I don't know who you hate more kobe or any bull that played from 85 to 98 not named jordan.
    His hate list goes like this:

1) Scottie Pippen
    2) Kobe Bryant
    3) Any other Bulls from 1985-1998

The Bulls lost in the second round to Orlando. They actually added Jordan and were less competitive in the playoffs than the previous year (3-0 sweep in the first round in 94' versus a 3-1 win, a 3-4 defeat based on arguably the worst call in NBA playoff history versus a convincing 2-4 defeat based on simply being the inferior team in 95'). Why? The Bulls were a joke rebounding the ball. Their best rebounders in 95' were the SF and SG! In 94' they had a 15/11 PF. Enter Dennis Rodman, the best rebounder in the league. The result? 72-10. Obviously it was not all Rodman. Jordan improved and the chemistry was better in 96' while Pippen remained a top 3-4 player but without Rodman the arguable GOAT team would not have won a ring that year.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Explain to me how an 8 pt/13 reb/3+ blk current DPOY player (during his 3 year prime) is WAAAAAAAAY worse than a 5 pt/15 reb/0.5 blk former DPOY player? Your assertion is laughable. Wallace may be worse (I don't believe he is), but LMAO @ "waaaaay" worse.
    Because rodman played against far better competition. Hell wallace wasn't even good enough to make a team in the late 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal

First of all, I'm not a kid. I'm 36. Rodman made a living on hustle and defense. The man would ride a stationary bike when phil gave him a "rest". There's multiple pic and video of him diving head first for loose balls. That's not a quiter in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkododo
    Its dumb shit like this that will keep him out of the hall

Local High School Star

rodman was a great rebounder, and pretty good defender (when he wanted to defend that is). The only problem with rodman is that he seemed to be very bipolar on the court. One game he is playing great, another game he seems completely checked and disinterested.

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

He's the greatest rebounder and defender of the last 25 years.

first ballot hall of famer for sure. Great example of how the media controls hall of fame voting.