Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Default Re: I was banned during the finals, but I have to speak about Curry and the finals MVP...

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    The Warriors won 3 straight after being down 2-1. The difference was that they started Iggy and tried to force the game to a faster pace. Iggy was the guy leading that charge and always had a couple of early fastbreak buckets to up the pace.

If you win a series because you making a coaching change, that player is inevitably the MVP.
    so i guess Haslem & Miller were co FMVP's in 2013..

Curry saw more defensive attention that bran did, he was constantly doubled.. they decided they'd rather have Draymond Green & Iggy taking open jumpers all series than Curry taking contested shots from 30 ft away..

meanwhile the Warriors seemingly feared the Cavs shooters more than Lebron's iso scoring, seeing as they never doubled off the shooters..

that says so much about who is more feared on the court offensively..

I usually hit open layups

Default Re: I was banned during the finals, but I have to speak about Curry and the finals MVP...

The Warriors won 3 straight after being down 2-1. The difference was that they started Iggy and tried to force the game to a faster pace. Iggy was the guy leading that charge and always had a couple of early fastbreak buckets to up the pace.

If you win a series because you making a coaching change, that player is inevitably the MVP.
    Right. And anybody who actually watched it knows that Iggy was bailing out the Warriors as early as game 1. The Cavs were up big to open game 1, they sub Iggy in -- has nothing to do with Curry -- and he just immediately went to work scoring, having a mean gameface on, defending Bron better than their other guys had been doing... If i had to read his thoughts, Iggy was basically like: "We aint goin out like that"...

This is before they unleashed Delly on Curry, Curry was still having a decent game at this point -- Cavs didn't really have an answer for him yet, they were just playing strong D and Warriors were choking with their execution... And then Iggy came in and kept them alive long enough for Kerr to figure out what the solution was -- he rolled the dice on Speights and it was the right call to help them make to it to halftime, then they regrouped and played a tough second half...
    & then...
    At the end of that game, Iggy's D down the stretch on LeBron was *thee* crucial thing preventing them from losing and forcing Bron into lower percentage shots in clutchtime...

Warriors lose game 1 b/c Iggy isn't able to step up to challenge of guarding Bron... then Cavs have Kyrie for rest of series, could win the next two the way they were playing at the start of series, then with Kyrie in lineup would have had enough to finish it off in Cleveland in a tiring game 4... Warriors wouldn't have even had a shot.

So while I'd agree Curry played a big part in the later games (he was the MVP game 5 no question), his struggles in the two losses and the fact that Iggy was able to come through so huge for Warriors, I see how Iggy was a fair candidate, period. Curry didn't separate himself enough.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen

Curry saw more defensive attention that bran did, he was constantly doubled.. they decided they'd rather have Draymond Green & Iggy taking open jumpers all series than Curry taking contested shots from 30 ft away..

meanwhile the Warriors seemingly feared the Cavs shooters more than Lebron's iso scoring, seeing as they never doubled off the shooters..

I like how you're so desperately trying to make this about LeBron. Have you not gotten your morning fix of daily LeBron arguments yet? The bulk of Haslem/Miller's shots came from assists from LeBron. Their spacing complimented LeBron's game and worked well in the finals. How is that in any way comparable to Iggy leading the team in scoring a couple games, having a huge defensive impact, and forcing GSW's tempo anywhere close to Miller making wide open 3's, and Haslem hitting his baseline j? I mean this is such an asinine comparison that I feel bad for myself for actually responding to it.

Iggy didn't see as much defensive attention, but he also didn't lay two eggs costing them games 2-3 and never got shut down by a guy like Delly. Iggy was more consistent, and he was really the one pushing the ball for Golden State. I don't think people realize how important tempo was in that series. As someone rooting for the Cavs, Iggy's shots seemed to sting the most and always seemed like they came at the most important times. Never felt like that about Curry outside of game 5.

For me, it was either LeBron or Iggy. Media seemed to agree, and that list of voters is pretty knowledgeable, particularly Zach Lowe.

yeah or whose passing ability is more feared...

there's a reason Curry wasn't getting a lot of assists, he isn't able to thread the needle well enough under pressure, the Warriors offence was a shook mess at a times b/c of Cleveland D / Curry being more of a shoot-first PG... also, Delly's single coverage shut down Curry at times too. it wasn't just the traps and doubles...

Curry got more attention but he also blanked a game and a half and averaged less on shooting only .045% better, as the greatest shooter ever, than Bron who gets crucified for less than 0.05% difference.. because his haters are desperate to find anything they can use against him because let's face it, they're the ones with the agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by superteamtheory

So while I'd agree Curry played a big part in the later games (he was the MVP game 5 no question), his struggles in the two losses and the fact that Iggy was able to come through so huge for Warriors, I see how Iggy was a fair candidate, period. Curry didn't separate himself enough.
    Exactly. It doesn't make Curry not great or the best player on the team. Iggy just had a bigger value to that series. Yes, it's strange that Curry received 0 votes because I thought it was close, but ultimately, Iggy earned it. People will completely ignore the other side of the ball where Iggy is covering LeBron and Curry has to work hard to shut down the talents of Matthew Dellevadova.

Iggy didn't see as much defensive attention, but he also didn't lay two eggs costing them games 2-3 and never got shut down by a guy like Delly. Iggy was more consistent, and he was really the one pushing the ball for Golden State. I don't think people realize how important tempo was in that series. As someone rooting for the Cavs, Iggy's shots seemed to sting the most and always seemed like they came at the most important times. Never felt like that about Curry outside of game 5.

For me, it was either LeBron or Iggy. Media seemed to agree, and that list of voters is pretty knowledgeable, particularly Zach Lowe.
    Iggy "didn't see as much defensive attention" is one of the biggest understatements possible. They literally didn't guard him at times. You place so much value on him pushing the tempo as if he was prime Magic or something.

The reality is Curry is the far and away biggest reason GS' offense is the way that it is. He is the driving force. He drew the most defensive attention out of anyone that series and aside from Lebron no one else came remotely close. No one in the playoffs saw that type of defensive attention. The guy saw constant doubles, triples, traps, swarming defense from everywhere, and more often than not made the right decision. People are so willing to trash the guy for a couple bad games, but they refuse to admit how ridiculously easy it makes the game for players around him. Honestly, anyone else faces that kind of defense and they're struggling too. But they're not receiving that type of defensive attention because they're not the surreal offensive threat Curry is the second he crosses halfcourt.
    Last edited by Milbuck; 08-01-2015 at 01:13 PM.

Good High School Starter Bernkastel's Avatar

I don't even know why people get upset that no one voted for BMC. It's not like they got together and said "No votes for that guy." They all just saw it a different way, and, by coincidence, voted for someone other than Curry.

wtf is with people going "Yeah, but Curry should've gotten at least some votes." If you agree they made the right choice, then Curry received the proper amount of votes: 0.

Decent college freshman

I don't think the Warriors would do well without Curry but my emphasis was meant to be more on how LeBron took a sure lottery team to Finals...
    The Cavs with Love & Kyrie + Solid Role Players would've been a Playoff Team.

I like how you're so desperately trying to make this about LeBron. Have you not gotten your morning fix of daily LeBron arguments yet? The bulk of Haslem/Miller's shots came from assists from LeBron. Their spacing complimented LeBron's game and worked well in the finals. How is that in any way comparable to Iggy leading the team in scoring a couple games, having a huge defensive impact, and forcing GSW's tempo anywhere close to Miller making wide open 3's, and Haslem hitting his baseline j? I mean this is such an asinine comparison that I feel bad for myself for actually responding to it.

I like how you're so desperately trying to make this about LeBron. Have you not gotten your morning fix of daily LeBron arguments yet? The bulk of Haslem/Miller's shots came from assists from LeBron. "
    o i was just using the same stupid logic you were using,.. you literally argued for Iggy being the FMVP because he was inserted into the starting line up and "had a few easy fast break buckets"

The bulk of Haslem/Miller's shots came from assists from LeBron. [/B]Their spacing complimented LeBron's game and worked well in the finals. How is that in any way comparable to Iggy leading the team in scoring a couple games,
    how blind are you that you can't see that Curry was doing the exact same thing you are claiming bran did for his teammates, except in this case Curry was doubled almost immediately after passing the half court, and created so many open looks for his teammates.. the spacing he creates on the floor is at an all time great level

How is that in any way comparable to Iggy leading the team in scoring a couple games
    Iggy didn't lead the warriors in scoring in any of the games

what a terrible argument, Chalmers led the team in scoring in the 2013 finals more than Iggy did.. so fuccing what..

and forcing GSW's tempo anywhere close to Miller making wide open 3's, and Haslem hitting his baseline j? I mean this is such an asinine comparison that I feel bad for myself for actually responding to it.
    are you trying to be this stupid?? Iggy was taking wide open shots the entire series due 100% to the attention Curry was getting

but he also didn't lay two eggs costing them games 2-3 and never got shut down by a guy like Delly. Iggy was more consistent,
    you're seriously delusional

Curry didn't play well in the game 2, that's it, he played poorly through half of game 3, and then was superb from there on out, yet you're boy lebron didn't score more than 18 points through the first 3 games of the 2013 series.. yet i don't see you holding that against him.. it's just so easy to point on your double standard..

Decent college freshman

Agree with this entirely. Also was Curry Trapped the Whole Series? From what I remember he was facing single coverage from Delly in Games 2 & 5. I don't think he was being trapped in Game 1 either.

yeah or whose passing ability is more feared...

there's a reason Curry wasn't getting a lot of assists, he isn't able to thread the needle well enough under pressure, the Warriors offence was a shook mess at a times b/c of Cleveland D / Curry being more of a shoot-first PG... also, Delly's single coverage shut down Curry at times too. it wasn't just the traps and doubles...

Curry got more attention but he also blanked a game and a half and averaged less on shooting only .045% better, as the greatest shooter ever, than Bron who gets crucified for less than 0.05% difference.. because his haters are desperate to find anything they can use against him because let's face it, they're the ones with the agenda.

you can try to spin it that way if you want..

but Kerr even has said that they feared the shooters more than Lebron's iso scoring, which is why they were so disciplined and always stuck with their man instead of doubling on lebron

and I love how you guys keep riding Curry for game 2, yet don't mention lebron's game 4 when telling the world how he was FMVP

o i was just using the same stupid logic you were using,.. you literally argued for Iggy being the FMVP because he was inserted into the starting line up and "had a few easy fast break buckets"

how blind are you that you can't see that Curry was doing the exact same thing you are claiming bran did for his teammates, except in this case Curry was doubled almost immediately after passing the half court, and created so many open looks for his teammates.. the spacing he creates on the floor is at an all time great level
    I don't see how what curry did is in any way the same as what LeBron did? Are you talking about 2012 LeBron? 2013? LeBron never had an individual game as bad as Curry's 5/23 or whatever it was in those finals. Yes, Curry created some great spacing, but he also didn't control the tempo like Iggy did. And you can create the spacing, but when has that been enough for an FMVP? Does Mike Miler deserve an FMVP for creating spacing for LeBron?

Iggy didn't lead the warriors in scoring in any of the games

what a terrible argument, Chalmers led the team in scoring in the 2013 finals more than Iggy did.. so fuccing what..
    Second highest scorer on the team, 24 assists to 6 turnovers, best defender on LeBron... how is that not FMVP worthy? The only edge Curry had was really just pure scoring. Curry had 28 turnovers as well. Iggy led the Dubs in scoring in game 6 i believe, or maybe he was tied for leading scorer. These comparisons to guys like Chalmers/Miller aren't helping you at all.

are you trying to be this stupid?? Iggy was taking wide open shots the entire series due 100% to the attention Curry was getting

you're seriously delusional
    If you watched the series, you'd know that Iggy didn't only take open shots. He also forced tempo getting steals and forcing the fast break and getting buckets plenty of times. His passing/playmaking gets completely overlooked, but it was good against Cleveland.

Curry didn't play well in the game 2, that's it, he played poorly through half of game 3, and then was superb from there on out, yet you're boy lebron didn't score more than 18 points through the first 3 games of the 2013 series.. yet i don't see you holding that against him.. it's just so easy to point on your double standard..
    I'm not sure why you're trying to make this so much about LeBron. He won his FMVP in 2013. Are you actually salty about that? It wasn't even close either.

So for you guys like Madsen who don't think iggy should be FMVP,

Do you think he had no case at all and it was a completely robbery? Do you think the list of voters are complete idiots? Most of those guys on the list are pretty well known in the b-ball world, and aren't some Broussard type idiots. I actually enjoy most of those writers. Do you think the ones that voted for LeBron/Iggy are just complete idiots if you think Curry was such a clear cut FMVP?

I'm out though ISH. Gotta get my day going, and ISH has been too toxic lately to enjoy. Peace out bros. I'll read this thread later today for responses

So for you guys like Madsen who don't think iggy should be FMVP,

Do you think he had no case at all and it was a completely robbery? Do you think the list of voters are complete idiots? Most of those guys on the list are pretty well known in the b-ball world, and aren't some Broussard type idiots. I actually enjoy most of those writers. Do you think the ones that voted for LeBron/Iggy are just complete idiots if you think Curry was such a clear cut FMVP?

I'm out though ISH. Gotta get my day going, and ISH has been too toxic lately to enjoy. Peace out bros. I'll read this thread later today for responses
    I don't see how pointing out the voters as if they consistently get stuff right is a meaningful argument. Iggy had a "case" for FMVP...the same type of case Tyson Chandler had as the Mavs' most important player on their 2011 run. Both of their games epitomize what the NBA wants to promote - toughness, energy, hard work, unselfishness, intangibles, etc...but the reality is the team would still be good without them. Without the other guy - Curry/Dirk...they'd be completely and utterly hopeless.

Iggy was clearly the 2nd best player on the Warriors that series and the 2nd most valuable but you cannot tell me that if you remove him from the Warriors they wouldn't be significantly better than the Warriors had you removed Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    The Cavs with Love & Kyrie + Solid Role Players would've been a Playoff Team.
    So let's hope they actually have that in rounds 2, 3 and 4 this year...