Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I usually hit open layups

Default Re: I was banned during the finals, but I have to speak about Curry and the finals MVP...

It could have gone to Curry.

But I know this: Andre Iguodala kept the Warriors from getting swept thru 4 games.. He gave them the lift at all the critical times and was the main defender on Bron resulting in the lower percentages. (Otherwise Bron would have torched Warriors for 50 in at least one game.)

Granted, without Curry, Warriors wouldn't be there in the first place... just like Cavs would be picking lottery selections again...

It was one of the least clear cut Finals MVP votes ever IMO..

Default Re: I was banned during the finals, but I have to speak about Curry and the finals MVP...

Quote Originally Posted by superteamtheory
    It could have gone to Curry.

But I know this: Andre Iguodala kept the Warriors from getting swept thru 4 games.. He gave them the lift at all the critical times and was the main defender on Bron resulting in the lower percentages. (Otherwise Bron would have torched Warriors for 50 in at least one game.)

Granted, without Curry, Warriors wouldn't be there in the first place... just like Cavs would be picking lottery selections again...

It was one of the least clear cut Finals MVP votes ever IMO..
    Lottery? When's the last time a team with the league's best defense, was one of the worst teams? They'd win 45-ish games without Curry.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    Lottery? When's the last time a team with the league's best defense, was one of the worst teams? They'd win 45-ish games without Curry.
    I don't think the Warriors would do well without Curry but my emphasis was meant to be more on how LeBron took a sure lottery team to Finals...

I agree. It was a complete sham and shows you how little the media knows about basketball. Everything they do is to advance a current narrative (LeBron so good) or create a new one (Iggy saved GS).

Banned

IMO, the FMVP is slowly changing from a legitimate award to a popularity contest vote. Iggy getting it without regard to how the Cavs defended the GOAT shooter is kind of a joke. Iggy was the beneficiary of Blatt's defensive gameplan to neutralize Curry on the perimeter.

Curry basically gave Iggy those open looks because the defense was sending an extra defender to shadow him after the PnRs. This also meant that someone was going to be open almost every offensive sequence, and Curry is being penalized for hitting the open man. Festus Ezeli was beginning to capitalize on this later in the series as well.

Lebron getting votes despite 33 shots on 39% shooting diminishes the award substantially.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

He struggled in multiple games against a player earning 1 mill per year...

Quote Originally Posted by Quickening
    He struggled in multiple games against a player earning 1 mill per year...
    +whoever else was coming to trap or double him

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    First of all, the fact that Curry didn't receive a single vote for finals MVP is an absolute disgrace. Unfortunately, most people don't have a very high basketball intellect. If you watched the games closely, you would notice Curry received more defensive attention than anyone on the floor...INCLUDING Bran. They would literally double Curry hard if a pick was set near mid-court. When Curry was trapped, he would continuously find an open man and the possessions continuously led to open shots for the Warriors. Curry didn't get a ton of assists, but the attention he received led to the game being opened up for his teammates. I have NEVER seen a player trapped and doubled so hard so far away from the basket. Curry's numbers suffered, but his IMPACT was visible to the trained eye.

Curry was the finals MVP.

And Bran getting 4 votes was unbelievable. 39% on 33 shots a game, 28% from beyond 5 feet, and 33% in 4th quarters. His team lost 4-2. It's not like it went down to a close game 7. Listen, Bran did what he could do and was outnumbered, but he definitely did not deserve any finals MVP votes.

Welcome back, my nigguh.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

I just dont understand how iggy shot so bad from the ft line....the cavs started to hack a iggy.

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    I agree. It was a complete sham and shows you how little the media knows about basketball. Everything they do is to advance a current narrative (LeBron so good) or create a new one (Iggy saved GS).
    So you know more about BB than the guys listed below who had votes?

Good High School Starter Bernkastel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    So you know more about BB than the guys listed below who had votes?
    The Konex Curse is broken, so they must know more since they were right on a troll board.

Lebron deserves something after 2 years of not winning anything right?

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

The Warriors won 3 straight after being down 2-1. The difference was that they started Iggy and tried to force the game to a faster pace. Iggy was the guy leading that charge and always had a couple of early fastbreak buckets to up the pace.

If you win a series because you making a coaching change, that player is inevitably the MVP.

Curry got exposed as a beta male in the Finals. What kind of MVP needs 6 games to take out Delly, Shumpert, and Mozgov?
    ANY other league MVP from the last 5 years would have swept that depleted Cavs team, but Curry had to be saved from ultimate embarrassment by a role player.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    First of all, the fact that Curry didn't receive a single vote for finals MVP is an absolute disgrace. Unfortunately, most people don't have a very high basketball intellect. If you watched the games closely, you would notice Curry received more defensive attention than anyone on the floor...INCLUDING Bran. They would literally double Curry hard if a pick was set near mid-court. When Curry was trapped, he would continuously find an open man and the possessions continuously led to open shots for the Warriors. Curry didn't get a ton of assists, but the attention he received led to the game being opened up for his teammates. I have NEVER seen a player trapped and doubled so hard so far away from the basket. Curry's numbers suffered, but his IMPACT was visible to the trained eye.

Curry was the finals MVP.

And Bran getting 4 votes was unbelievable. 39% on 33 shots a game, 28% from beyond 5 feet, and 33% in 4th quarters. His team lost 4-2. It's not like it went down to a close game 7. Listen, Bran did what he could do and was outnumbered, but he definitely did not deserve any finals MVP votes.
    this part is so fuccing true and the haters won't dare admit this..

Curry saw doubles throughout the finals..

Bran saw single coverage the entire time..

that says so much