Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: John Wall...and the Wizards. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Same with the bulls
    Oh yeah, absolutely. Those 3 teams are the definition of pretenders.

Grouping the Wizards with the Raps and Bulls is so foolish

Anyway, Wizards don't even have a decent record.. well, its okay.

Bulls/Raps are good, though.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    They have a bad bench, but the starting 5 itself certainly isn't bad.

Beal regressing into a mediocre role player when most thought he'd become an all-star is a big issue, maybe it's just because he's nicked up, I'm not sure.

And yeah, Wittman is garbage. But a lot of the onus falls on the GM, that bench is trash. Otto Porter also deserves a shout out for being an absolutely god awful number 3 pick. He's so shitty that I think people just forget about how much of a bust he is.
    I think you just answered your own question. The problem is, he's always nicked up. For stars to become stars and superstars to become superstars, health is the most important factor. It doesn't matter how good you potentially could be if you're constantly out or playing hurt.

Maybe Beal's game in general has leveled off a bit, but it always seems like he's nursing an injury. I still think he could be maybe the third option on a really good team if he ever gets completely (or close to it) healthy.

I never thought he was good enough to be a No. 2 guy on a legitimate contender, even if he was healthy... which he never is.

That's a major problem for the Wizards, who have no go-to scorer. Wall is an excellent facilitator, but when you're handling the ball as much as he does and defenses don't have to worry about you scoring outside of 8-feet -- and he has no one to get the ball to who makes a defense bend... that's trouble for an offense.

The Wizards desperately need a reliable 20-25 point per game level player who can space the floor for Wall and get his own shot when necessary. I guess that was supposed to be Beal, but it is pretty clear at this point that he's not on that tier.

They're 2-8 in last 10 are they even safe from falling out of the playoffs with that kind of slide?

Wall is overrated.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hittin_Shots
    They're 2-8 in last 10 are they even safe from falling out of the playoffs with that kind of slide?
    In an Eastern Conference wherein the 7th and 8th seeds are currently four games under .500, that seems improbable. The 6th seed seems about as far as the slide could go.

Then again, if you asked me as a Cavs fan who I'd rather face right now... the Wizards or the Pacers? I don't think twice when I say the Wizards.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    In an Eastern Conference wherein the 7th and 8th seeds are currently four games under .500, that seems improbable. The 6th seed seems about as far as the slide could go.

Then again, if you asked me as a Cavs fan who I'd rather face right now... the Wizards or the Pacers? I don't think twice when I say the Wizards.
    Very unlikely but if all the teams below them play at the same as their last 10 rate and they play at their last 10 rate they fall out.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Andre Miller curse

[QUOTE]