Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Official Manny Pacquiao VS Shane Mosley Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Look, I've already been down this road with RBA and raiderfan. I broke it down for them why Pacquiao-Margarito was going to be in the 1.2 million buys range when they were claiming it would be as low as 500K, and who was right?

Listen to me now when I tell you this, Pacquiao-Mosley will do monster numbers... probably Manny's highest PPV rate thus far, you can bookmark that if you'd like.
    haha will do.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Look, I've already been down this road with RBA and raiderfan. I broke it down for them why Pacquiao-Margarito was going to be in the 1.2 million buys range when they were claiming it would be as low as 500K, and who was right?

Listen to me now when I tell you this, Pacquiao-Mosley will do monster numbers... probably Manny's highest PPV rate thus far, you can bookmark that if you'd like.
    It may do OK in terms of PPV. That doesn't make it a quality fight. It is pretty clear that Pacquiao and Mayweather can fight just about anyone and put up at least 1 million PPV buys. That doesn't mean that either of them should take the easiest possible path.

(I know you weren't arguing that... Just making a general statement)

I dont know that it will be his highest ppv, but it will do AT LEAST a million. Whether Mosley is shot or not, hes still Shane Mosley. Id be thrilled if it doesn't but I just dont see any chance of that happening. As for the fight itself, I hate it

Local High School Star sirkeelma's Avatar

Fight Camp 360

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

they look like old chums in that press conference, or gay lovers

I don't care what anyone says, this exposure is good for boxing. Sure, it may not be the best fight that can be made, but their styles will make for an entertaining fight. And with all this network tv exposure, that is exactly the type of fight you want to put on. This fight can open up huge doors for boxing.

I heard its gonna be on CBS, anyone hear the same?

They call him 'Money' Pacquiao in the Philippines.

Money vs Money at the end of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    I heard its gonna be on CBS, anyone hear the same?
    The fight won't be carried by HBO pay-per-view, and there will be no HBO 24/7 this time. Instead, Showtime has closed a deal with Top Rank for the bout, and a series will air on CBS -- which is available in 115 million homes in the United States, as opposed to HBO's 28 million.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    I don't care what anyone says, this exposure is good for boxing. Sure, it may not be the best fight that can be made, but their styles will make for an entertaining fight. And with all this network tv exposure, that is exactly the type of fight you want to put on. This fight can open up huge doors for boxing.

What?

What doors could a fight between arguably the best p4p fighter in the world and a guy who was just out-boxed by Sergio Mora open up for boxing? In terms of importance and relevance outside of the hardcore boxing community... there isn't much for this one.

And, where is all of this incredible exposure for boxing? The fight is a month away and it isn't even close to the radar of any of the major sports networks, which is a barometer of general fan interest.

Quote Originally Posted by sirkeelma
    The fight won't be carried by HBO pay-per-view, and there will be no HBO 24/7 this time. Instead, Showtime has closed a deal with Top Rank for the bout, and a series will air on CBS -- which is available in 115 million homes in the United States, as opposed to HBO's 28 million.
    Interesting promotional tactic. They had to do something to sell this to the public. I guess this is it...

But, is the fight still Showtime PPV? Or is it on regular Showtime?

And, the 24/7 can't be NEARLY as juicy and intriguing on CBS as it is on HBO. Risky move, imo.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 04-05-2011 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

What?

What doors could a fight between arguably the best p4p fighter in the world and a guy who was just out-boxed by Sergio Mora open up for boxing? In terms of importance and relevance outside of the hardcore boxing community... there isn't much for this one.

And, where is all of this incredible exposure for boxing? The fight is a month away and it isn't even close to the radar of any of the major sports networks, which is a barometer of general fan interest.

Interesting promotional tactic. They had to do something to sell this to the public. I guess this is it...

And, the 24/7 can't be NEARLY as juicy and intriguing on CBS as it is on HBO. Risky move, imo.
    If this fight does well, it could definitely open the door for boxing back on network TV. That was a big selling point for moving to CBS/Showtime was the possibility of getting boxing back on network tv. How is that not a positive for boxing? When was the last time you saw any type of boxing on one of the major 4 networks? We get it, you don't like this fight. But you have to be ignorant if you can't see how this move to CBS is anything else than good for the sport.

As for exposure, I'm talking about exposure in the future for boxing going forward. It's very possible that we could see boxing back on network tv. CBS = more viewers and more viewers is a big plus for boxing.

And the fight will be on PPV. About the 24/7 thing, we're talking about Pac and Mosley here. How juicy and intriguing can they really be ? Fight Camp 360 doesn't have the Hollywood production of HBO but it does seem more "reality" type focused and not scripted and forced like 24/7 can be at times.

NBA rookie of the year

What?

I don't think it'll make much of a difference because they're not known for displaying any raunchyness like other boxers. I don't believe i've ever heard Mosley swear before.

:

Showtime PPV.

[QUOTE=sirkeelma]Fight Camp 360

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Is this like 24/7?
    it is, a little bit less serious version