Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star sirkeelma's Avatar

Default Official Manny Pacquiao VS Shane Mosley Thread

[FONT="Arial"]May 7, 2011 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas Nevada[/FONT]
    Last edited by sirkeelma; 04-25-2011 at 07:42 AM.

Default Re: Official Manny Pacquiao VS Shane Mosley Thread

Good luck Mosley... but you are so going to lose.

i do not understand.

why, seriously?

another no win fight for Pac.

he wins, big deal. he should beat him.

he loses, he is a fraud that never deserved a fight with Mayweather.

Who is going to watch this on ppv? Seriously, what an insult to boxing fans.

On another note, Pac gets to KO another champion into retirement.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

We all know who's going to win anyway.

@ Mayweather Jr

Banned

Arrow Re: Official Manny Pacquiao VS Shane Mosley Thread

In 4 months, damn.. I already feel bad for Shane, but he still got the slugger-ish type of ability in him.. So I wouldnt call it an automatic win for Pac.

its a 70/30 %

70 Goes to pac 30 for Mosley.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

This will be an over hyped fight that turns out to be disappointing as Pac takes Moseley easily... its a payday for both....

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

better get a good undercard to make this fight somewhat worth it. but at least this will be more fun to watch than mosley's past 2 fights as both guys will come forward

Banned

Completely pointless fight. If Mosley can't land a flush, perfect KO punch in the first 3 rounds then it will be an epic one-sided, face-rearranging beating that will be stopped one way or another within 9 rounds. Margarito's corner and the ringside doctors and ref caught a lot of flak for not stopping that massacre, so everyone involved will be more apt to stop the violence. Top Rank is promising a 'all time great' undercard and show... hope that's true at least, but I won't hold my breath.

The only thing that Manny gets from this fight (besides a truck full of cash) is the claim that he beat all the marquee welters of their generation in just under a year and 1/2.

I would not pay a dollar out of my pocket to watch this fight. Terrible fight. Why not go after the best available if you're Pacquiao's camp? Pacquiao's last 7 fights have been non competitive because he's fighting guys who they know he can beat(except maybe Cotto). Why not fight Martinez or Berto? Those fights would be way more competitive. Instead we get to watch them milk the Pac-Man hype train instead of taking on guys who actually deserve a fight with Pacquiao.

It's pathetic how Pacquiao keeps fighting guys coming off rough losses or that lost a step.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    I would not pay a dollar out of my pocket to watch this fight. Terrible fight. Why not go after the best available if you're Pacquiao's camp? Pacquiao's last 7 fights have been non competitive because he's fighting guys who they know he can beat(except maybe Cotto). Why not fight Martinez or Berto? Those fights would be way more competitive. Instead we get to watch them milk the Pac-Man hype train instead of taking on guys who actually deserve a fight with Pacquiao.

It's pathetic how Pacquiao keeps fighting guys coming off rough losses or that lost a step.

Nah, it's pathetic how Mayweather Jr keeps ducking? He won't fight against Cotto and now it's Pacman. Seriously, why do you think Mayweather's father said he doesn't want his son fight against Pacman? because he thinks Pac on some steroid shit.

I think Mayweather Jr is not dumb and he saw how Pacman fought against his former opponents better than him.

Mayweather Jr knows everybody want him to fight against Pacman and how much money he's gonna make. If he all about the money, he would do this but if he all about the legacy he won't do this. I think he's hurting his legacy more than before....he's making it the worst while Pacman is making it looks good.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

At this point I don't even blame Pacquiao. Mayweather refuses to fight him and there really are no other "names" out there.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDISPUTED
    Why not go after the best available if you're Pacquiao's camp?
    At this point in his career Pac is looking for "names" that lead to paydays. The days of proving himself are long over.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    At this point I don't even blame Pacquiao. Mayweather refuses to fight him and there really are no other "names" out there.

At this point in his career Pac is looking for "names" that lead to paydays. The days of proving himself are long over.
    @ blaming Mayweather for Pacquiao taking terrible fights.

Berto. Martinez. Marquez.

Any of those three would be VASTLY superior fights and all three are VASTLY superior opponents... And all three could be marketed to the public as real fights (this one can't).

But, yep... It's all Floyd's fault Pacquiao's current string of opponents consisted of Clottey, Margarito and now Mosley.

Pac also had a chance to fight SSM 1 1/2 years ago BEFORE he was demolished by Mayweather and the Pac camp basically refused (demanded a fight at 142 which is ridiculous). Now, all of a sudden (after two bad performances) Manny is ready for Mosley... And it is Mayweather's fault.

The Pac love/Floyd hate is getting flat-out bizarre, at this point. I've really never heard of a fighter avoiding any and all criticism for taking bad fights while a guy that literally has NOTHING to do with it gets blamed. Crazy.

This will make three straight bouts in which Manny is taking on a guy that lost his prior big fight.... And before that, he fought Cotto (two fights removed from a crushing loss), Hatton (two fights removed from a crushing defeat to Mayweather) and DLH (one fight remove from a loss to Mayweather).

Floyd's fault? Bizarre.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 01-07-2011 at 02:13 AM.

I would've been happy with Berto or JMM. Although, you can argue that Berto hasn't fought anyone elite and JMM looked terrible at 147.

I think Sergio is just too big. I don't think it's realistic for Manny to fight at middleweight when he's such a small welterweight. 147 should be his limit. Manny walks around at 149-150 so he barely even cuts for welterweight. I think it was stupid to fight Margs at a catchweight just so he could get a title at another weight class.