Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Earned not given

Default Re: Durant would have averaged 50 ppg vs GSW

LeBron is bigger, stronger, and faster than Durant. Those factors are why neither Iggy, Dray, or anyone else on that Warriors squad can guard him for longer than a handful of possessions in a row. LeBron will wear them down and cause them to foul out. Not to mention LeBron's vision is vastly superior and doesn't look to score all the time. He almost always finds the open man.

Durant, on the otherhand, is a more prolific shooter but lacks the court vision and size that LeBron has. He could pull up for jumpshots with ease but once the Warriors start getting physical with him, and the jumpshot isn't there, what else does he have to go to? He can't push people around in the post and he can't push them off on his drives because of how his frame is built. Then you factor in Chuckbrook and I don't see it. Sorry OP.

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    LeBron is bigger, stronger, and faster than Durant. Those factors are why neither Iggy, Dray, or anyone else on that Warriors squad can guard him for longer than a handful of possessions in a row. LeBron will wear them down and cause them to foul out. Not to mention LeBron's vision is vastly superior and doesn't look to score all the time. He almost always finds the open man.

Durant, on the otherhand, is a more prolific shooter but lacks the court vision and size that LeBron has. He could pull up for jumpshots with ease but once the Warriors start getting physical with him, and the jumpshot isn't there, what else does he have to go to? He can't push people around in the post and he can't push them off on his drives because of how his frame is built. Then you factor in Chuckbrook and I don't see it. Sorry OP.
    Durant has a 9'2" standing reach, imagine how high his release is at the peak of his J and stop talking about how Durant doesn't have a size edge.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Durant has a 9'2" standing reach, imagine how high his release is at the peak of his J and stop talking about how Durant doesn't have a size edge.
    If Tony Allen, a 6'6 defender, can cause problems for Durant, that should tell you all you need to know about that reach and height advantage.

If you trap and get so close to him when he's about to shoot, it's going to affect his shot. It's not ALWAYS going to affect it, and Durant will get his, but he would not be dropping 50 a game. The jumpshot is not always going to be there, This is not a video game. And when the jumpshot is not there, his physical weaknesses are going to be exacerbated.

If Tony Allen, a 6'6 defender, can cause problems for Durant, that should tell you all you need to know about that reach and height advantage.

If you trap and get so close to him when he's about to shoot, it's going to affect his shot. It's not ALWAYS going to affect it, and Durant will get his, but he would not be dropping 50 a game. The jumpshot is not always going to be there, This is not a video game. And when the jumpshot is not there, his physical weaknesses are going to be exacerbated.
    Durant had one bad game against MEM, stop spewing BS.

Earned not given

Durant had one bad game against MEM, stop spewing BS.
    Saying his height and reach is the end all, be all, and thats why he's going to score 50 a game is spewing BS.

And I like how you're not responding to anything else I'm saying either. Good discussion.

Saying his height and reach is the end all, be all, and thats why he's going to score 50 a game is spewing BS.
    Did I say he'd average 50 a game? You reaching now

Earned not given

Did I say he'd average 50 a game? You reaching now
    Look at the thread title idiot.

Look at the thread title idiot.
    So anyone who is here posting thinks Durant would average 50 including you?

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

I'm not gonna deny that Durant could score 30+ on high efficiency against this team, but the problem is that his play style fits right into GSW's tempo. At the same time, I could see Iggy or Green getting to him a little bit. We all know Tony Allen was able to, which is why I won't say 40+

But I don't know if he'd carry the team to the W. LeBron's biggest strength right now is slowing the tempo down. That's not how KD likes to play. He doesn't pound it in the post. Him and Westbrook both play high tempo, and GSW would see themselves getting a lot more fastbreak opportunities.

The other thing is that I don't know if Durant will let himself score that much when playing alongside Westbrook.
    Last edited by J Shuttlesworth; 06-10-2015 at 12:37 PM.

''would have'', ''should have'', ''could have'' ....
    Talk to us when he actually does it.
    ''Lebron would have scored 100 ppg if Clippers were in the finals instead of #1 defense warriors''

College superstar

You forget that Durant is fully capable of making the right passes. His court vision isn't at Lebron's level, but he was still capable of putting up 5.5apg last season and is one of the better playmaking SF's in the game right now.

Durant getting iso situations, single coverage the entire game. Durant would average 45+ppg with this many attempts. Easily.

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    ''would have'', ''should have'', ''could have'' ....
    Talk to us when he actually does it.
    ''Lebron would have scored 100 ppg if Clippers were in the finals instead of #1 defense warriors''

Sorry but lebron isn't prolific or an effecient scorer like KD...so your logic is piss poor.

C ya

And I like how you're not responding to anything else I'm saying either. Good discussion.

Were he too shoot as much as LBJ is doing now...that is over 35+ shots per game....would he not average 50?

If they're using the same dumbass gameplan they're using on LeBald atm? Without a doubt.

you mean the durant that got shutout by a midget last year? yeah right