College superstar

Default Uptempo vs Slow Offenses...Which is easier to impose on the opposing team?

^What the title says^

Which type of offense is easier to force on the opponent, a fast uptempo or slow, defensive, grind it out approach?

Ex. Who could force their opponents to play their style of ball easier... D'Antoni's Suns or Larry Brown' Pistons?

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

Default Re: Uptempo vs Slow Offenses...Which is easier to impose on the opposing team?

I think it's easier to force the pace down. If you take your time, and play your possessions efficiently (i.e don't be lazy with your rebounding, don't be careless with your passes, and execute your offense for high % shots), the opposition doesn't really have any opportunities to play a fast style.

Default Re: Uptempo vs Slow Offenses...Which is easier to impose on the opposing team?

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive
    I think it's easier to force the pace down. If you take your time, and play your possessions efficiently (i.e don't be lazy with your rebounding, don't be careless with your passes, and execute your offense for high % shots), the opposition doesn't really have any opportunities to play a fast style.
    Yeah. Half court offense are best suited in the playoffs. Fastbreak opportunities are few and most possessions end up in isolation.

The pace a game is played between a high tempo and grind it out team is always gonna be dictated by rebounding. I've seen both styles impose their will on the other

College superstar

bump