Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default Re: Rifles make up 4% of gun homicides...Handguns make up 72%

there are only 9 countries in the world that have nukes...lol

they are very heavily regulated...to the point that war could start if you are even suspected of having them...

yet somehow nukes are comparable to assault rifles which an 18 year old can buy at Walmart?

no, that is an awful awful comparison

if nukes were as easy to obtain as assault rifles you can bet your ass they would be killing millions...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    there are only 9 countries in the world that have nukes...lol

they are very heavily regulated...to the point that war could start if you are even suspected of having them...

yet somehow nukes are comparable to assault rifles which an 18 year old can buy at Walmart?

no, that is an awful awful comparison

if nukes were as easy to obtain as assault rifles you can bet your ass they would be killing millions...

It's as awful a comparison as is guns to drinking/driving. Cars weren't invented to kill people. Guns were.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    It's as awful a comparison as is guns to drinking/driving. Cars weren't invented to kill people. Guns were.
    I don't like comparing those either...

however I think they were showing drunk driving stats in that image just to let people know it is much bigger issue than assault rifles...

I don't like comparing those either...

however I think they were showing drunk driving stats in that image just to let people know it is much bigger issue than assault rifles...

Cancer and AIDS are big issues as well. Should we not worry about those because, and just focus on drunk driving?

My original post wasn't really directed towards you btw.

Cancer and AIDS are big issues as well. Should we not worry about those because, and just focus on drunk driving?
    huh? you mean not worry about assault rifles because they are a small issue compared to the things you just listed?

drunk driving, AIDS, cancer = kill lots of people

assault rifles = kill very few (18 deaths last year? who gives a shit)

huh? you mean not worry about assault rifles because they are a small issue compared to the things you just listed?

drunk driving, AIDS, cancer = kill lots of people

assault rifles = kill very few (18 deaths last year? who gives a shit)

Just because there are few deaths from assault rifles doesn't mean that there shouldn't be laws against them. I go back to the atomic bomb comparison. No one died from atomic bombs last year, but we still need laws for them. Dangerous weapons need strict laws.

That goes for handguns as well.

Just because there are few deaths from assault rifles doesn't mean that there shouldn't be laws against them. I go back to the atomic bomb comparison. No one died from atomic bombs last year, but we still need laws for them. Dangerous weapons need strict laws.

That goes for handguns as well.
    again, no one died from atomic bombs BECAUSE OF THE LAWS AGAINST THEM

there are no laws against assault rifles, they are legal, and still not doing any real damage...if A-Bombs were legal like assault rifles we would be fcked

way are we talking about atomic bombs again?

and yes just because they don't kill many doesn't mean we shouldn't have laws, but the point is we are putting too much focus on assault rifles, Obama had to make a speech declaring his new assault rifle laws smh...if only America knew assault rifles are nothing compared to handguns in terms of the damage they are doing.

NBA rookie of the year

again, no one died from atomic bombs BECAUSE OF THE LAWS AGAINST THEM

there are no laws against assault rifles, they are legal, and still not doing any real damage...if A-Bombs were legal like assault rifles we would be fcked

way are we talking about atomic bombs again?

and yes just because they don't kill many doesn't mean we shouldn't have laws, but the point is we are putting too much focus on assault rifles, Obama had to make a speech declaring his new assault rifle laws smh...if only America knew assault rifles are nothing compared to handguns in terms of the damage they are doing.
    I highly doubt this. More likely it's because the people who have nukes don't want to start a nuclear war, and the people who do want to start a nuclear war don't have any nukes. The idea that China and the US haven't blasted each other into cinders only because it would be "illegal" to do so is almost too stupid to type out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    I highly doubt this. More likely it's because the people who have nukes don't want to start a nuclear war, and the people who do want to start a nuclear war don't have any nukes. The idea that China and the US haven't blasted each other into cinders only because it would be "illegal" to do so is almost too stupid to type out.
    obviously if nukes were "legal" we would all be fcked

only 9 countries have nukes, they are highly regulated by the UN, the US will consider going to war with a country just suspected of making nukes, see N. Korea or Iraq who we just thought had WMDs

all countries that have nukes has the UN's eye balls on them...we know exactly how many nukes each country has

why is this a nuke conversation?

assault rifles being compared to fcking nukes is a big part of America's problem here...lol...assault rifles ARE LEGAL and only kill 18 people a year in the US

NBA rookie of the year

obviously if nukes were "legal" we would all be fcked

only 9 countries have nukes, they are highly regulated by the UN, the US will consider going to war with a country just suspected of making nukes, see N. Korea or Iraq who we just thought had WMDs

all countries that have nukes has the UN's eye balls on them...we know exactly how many nukes each country has

why is this a nuke conversation?

assault rifles being compared to fcking nukes is a big part of America's problem here...lol...assault rifles ARE LEGAL and only kill 18 people a year in the US
    Are you talking about nuclear weapons being allowed in civilian homes? Because there are many more nukes on this planet than are necessary to completely ruin it for thousands of years.
    Last edited by Scoooter; 01-30-2013 at 06:30 PM.

Are you talking about nuclear weapons being allowed in civilian homes? Because they're are many more nukes on this planet than are necessary to completely ruin it for thousands of years.
    yes, if nukes were legal like assault rifles then we would be fcked...but they aren't, they are highly regulated, unlike assault rifles

the nuke comparison is just so silly

sigh

NBA rookie of the year

Assault rifles are fairly well regulated, at least in the US. You can't even buy select-fire models without jumping through some major hoops. At least I think that's the case, I've never tried to buy any myself.

No real argument against tightening up the process though.

Assault rifles are fairly well regulated, at least in the US. You can't even buy select-fire models without jumping through some major hoops. At least I think that's the case, I've never tried to buy any myself.

No real argument against tightening up the process though.
    no, rifles of all types are the least regulated gun...you only have to be 18 and you can buy over the counter, unlike handguns which require you to be 21 and a two week wait.

an 18 year old can go into a Walmart and buy an AK47 (semi auto obviously) and take it home THAT DAY.

and still, handguns make up the overwhelming majority of deaths...

NBA rookie of the year

If it's only semi-auto, is it really an "assault rifle"? The problem is the politics behind these movements muddle the definitions to suit their own end.

Generally speaking, the rifles the military uses have the ability to fire in different modes, including fully-automatic. But they're not often used that way, because of how inaccurate it is, and because one soldier can only carry so much ammo.

The whole thing is a waste of time, if you ask me.

If it's only semi-auto, is it really an "assault rifle"? The problem is the politics behind these movements muddle the definitions to suit their own end.

Generally speaking, the rifles the military uses have the ability to fire in different modes, including fully-automatic. But they're not often used that way, because of how inaccurate it is, and because one soldier can only carry so much ammo.

The whole thing is a waste of time, if you ask me.
    full auto is completely illegal...

and yeah, another problem the US public has is not understanding that assault rifles aren't really any different than hunting rifles, they just have a clip.

The US public just thinks they look mean and scary and thus should be eliminated...not knowing there is no difference

"hey look at that, it is black and fancy looking like a machine gun, no one should have that!"