Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Chris Bosh on Lebron Ball

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    Mario Chalmers on Lebron Ball

"You know, for the first time in my career, I felt like I wasn't ... yeah, my confidence wasn't there," Chalmers said. "Going through that whole San Antonio series, I just felt like in the playoffs I kept getting worse and worse every round. I just couldn't figure it out. ...

"Yeah, that's the worst thing, because you never know," Chalmers said. "Everybody in my ear, talking about, 'We need you, we need you to do this, we need you to do that.' And then when it comes to the game, I didn't feel involved. Like, you all talk about how y'all need me, but y'all didn't put me in position to do anything. In previous years, if I was in that position, I would make sure I would go get the ball, I would put myself in position to score. I felt like this year, we all just took too much of a back seat in the Finals. ...

"I feel like I've finally got a chance to shine, show my real game," Chalmers said. "Me, CB, D-Wade and the rest of the guys, we're going to pick it up, we're still going to play Miami Heat basketball, and we're still gonna be a competitor."
    so misleading...Chalmers basically said it, everyone took a backseat in the Finals and it's "Lebron ball's" fault. funny how none of that was said the previous title years when they WON!!! stop the misleading info

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

I thought lebron made his teammates better and everyone liked playing with him though?

oh wait that only holds true for spot up shooters

"You know, for the first time in my career, I felt like I wasn't ... yeah, my confidence wasn't there," Chalmers said. "Going through that whole San Antonio series, I just felt like in the playoffs I kept getting worse and worse every round. I just couldn't figure it out. ...

"Yeah, that's the worst thing, because you never know," Chalmers said. "Everybody in my ear, talking about, 'We need you, we need you to do this, we need you to do that.' And then when it comes to the game, I didn't feel involved. Like, you all talk about how y'all need me, but y'all didn't put me in position to do anything. In previous years, if I was in that position, I would make sure I would go get the ball, I would put myself in position to score. I felt like this year, we all just took too much of a back seat in the Finals. ...

"I feel like I've finally got a chance to shine, show my real game," Chalmers said. "Me, CB, D-Wade and the rest of the guys, we're going to pick it up, we're still going to play Miami Heat basketball, and we're still gonna be a competitor."
    Am I missing something here? Chalmers is basically admitting that he and the rest of the supporting cast played like passive little bitches. How is this supposed to be a shot at Lebron?
    #hatersreachinghard

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Why are you so obsessed with Lebron's balls...

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Am I missing something here? Chalmers is basically admitting that he and the rest of the supporting cast played like passive little bitches. How is this supposed to be a shot at Lebron?
    #hatersreachinghard
    read between the lines

"Everybody in my ear, talking about, 'We need you, we need you to do this, we need you to do that.' And then when it comes to the game, I didn't feel involved.

Very good NBA starter

Lebron is AI deluxe.

College superstar

Am I the only one who views Bosh's comments as reflective of what any former #1 option would say when he's no longer the #1 option?

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    You mean to tell me that going from a 1st option to a 3rd option changes how you have to play the game? WOW! What a revelation!!!
    This... I thought about making this thread 2 days ago, until I realized this is the most normal thing in the world.... Difference from 1st option to 3rd option.

And LeBron was one to keep feeding his teammates... If they missed or not. That can't be denied.

Decent playground baller WindmiLL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    LOL.. Bron getting blasted by his teammates left and right.

Dude is a great player, but nobody is a fan of "Lebron ball", beside his creepy stalkers.

2011 Finals. There was no ''Lebron ball'' at all. How that turned out? Ironically, Lebron is probably historically blamed the most for that Dallas series when it comes to all time greats and that's the series where he completely shied away from his ''Lebron ball''. Of course, he's blamed for his usual playing style aswell known as ''Lebron ball''. Pretty hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    read between the lines

Read what he said immediately after that. He said in years past if he didn't feel involved he would make sure to get himself involved. Why didn't he try and do that in this last series? Lebron was clearly looking for SOMEBODY to step up and help him carry the load, and it's not like Wade and Bosh were doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by WindmiLL
    2011 Finals. There was no ''Lebron ball'' at all. How that turned out? Ironically, Lebron is probably historically blamed the most for that Dallas series when it comes to all time greats and that's the series where he completely shied away from his ''Lebron ball''.
    He was nowhere to be found. His picture is still seen on milk cartons today.

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    Am I the only one who views Bosh's comments as reflective of what any former #1 option would say when he's no longer the #1 option?

Bosh didn't say anything we don't already know. Going from a #1 option to a #3 option means you have to reinvent your game. It's nt different than going from a starting role to a bench role... you're going to play a different role, and get less opportunities... but you have to make those limited opportunities count.

Many fans don't appreciate how hard it is to play a limited offensive role in the NBA. These guys go from getting 20+ shots their whole career (HS, College, etc.), then they're supposed learn how to get production out of 10 shots per game.

18/8/8 on 47%
    Sounds like great second option numbers to me. Wade wanted to be the man but couldn't close the deal.

Spo's so confident in Chalmers now that James is gone, that Chalmers looks like he's going to lose his starting job to Norris Cole.

http://fansided.com/2014/10/07/miami...ario-chalmers/

Decent playground baller WindmiLL's Avatar

He was nowhere to be found as a first option and best player. But as a 3rd option I think he was more than solid with his 18-7-7(don't know if that's accurate). He didn't take away anything from Bosh in that series but I dont remember Bosh going ham on Dallas? Did he go scoreless as a 3rd option in a Finals game like Bosh did against San Antonio for example?

Really, that post of yours is actually pretty pointless and actually proving my point. ''He was nowhere to be found''-----> of course, there was no Lebron ball at all but Bosh was still Bosh. Not Shaq like you(and others) are making it sound that he would become if there was no Lebron ball in Miami.