Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Is KD better than prime TMac?

I never got to see prime TMac but by looking at his stats, and from what I heard, he seemed like a great player. Is KD better?

Local High School Star

Default Re: Is KD better than prime TMac?

t mac had better passing, but less efficient

also silky smooth as fvck

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

T-Mac had the best looking game of all time IMO. His shot just looked like butter. I still think I would take T-Mac over KD. T-Mac had some pretty explosive scoring nights as well. I'd say they rank pretty close to one another on the all time list

T-mac>>>>KD

T-mac>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lebron

Worth noting that the 'peak' Tmac everyone talks about was like 22-23. He was better than Durant at the same age. Just unreal ability and potential.

Current Durant vs that Tmac is a tossup. It's really close, especially with Durant's improvement as a defender and facilitator. But I don't believe Durant has peaked yet, so this shouldn't really be a question in the future.

2014 Durant is the first version that can begin to compete with 2002 - 2005 era T-Mac. His peak being, obviously, 2003. I still feel back injuries robbed McGrady of his longevity prime potential. Plus the roster he carried in Orlando is FAR worse than even the lowest of times Durant has dealt with sans Chuckbrook.

No.

Besides, we haven't even seen prime KD yet. Once we do, we can revisit this comparison. But as of right now, prime TMac > not yet in his prime KD

Barring major injury KD in his prime could be scary good. I can't wait to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by MrC1991
    Barring major injury KD in his prime could be scary good. I can't wait to see what happens.
    Pretty sure KD is in his prime. Peak you mean? That's usually ages 27 - 29. KD has been in the league 7 seasons. Prime usually starts by a player's 4th season. Especially in Bron, Durant, Kobe's cases when they get a head start out of HS or short college terms.

I would take tmac over Durant. He was as good as Kobe for awhile but injuries to his back slow him down.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    His shot just looked like butter.

...Frankly, I don't see the resemblance.

Ahh I see thanks for the correction because I've always thought of peak/prime to be the same thing. Like you said someones peak starts at about 27-28 and goes until 32. That was their peak/prime, but shit I learned something new today.

Quote Originally Posted by MrC1991
    Ahh I see thanks for the correction because I've always thought of peak/prime to be the same thing. Like you said someones peak starts at about 27-28 and goes until 32. That was their peak/prime, but shit I learned something new today.
    Wasn't trying to be smug. Just my view on it.

Like MJ entered his prime in 1988, definitely not the peak of his abilities. 1991

Kobe entered his prime in 2001, definitely not the peak of his abilities. 2006

Wade entered his prime in 2005, as a sophomore, definitely not the peak of his abilities. 2009

LeBron entered his prime in 2008, definitely not the peak of his abilities. 2012

T-Mac entered his prime in 2001, he could've peaked higher if not for constant injury. In that case his peak could be considered 2003. KD's probably been in his prime since 2012.

3-time NBA All-Star

lets see tmac first producing wins while producing those stats before even compared to durant..Durant vs jordan is a better comparison

Perhaps I should go back to the overrated players tread and add T-Mac. Durant is better. What are you T-Mac pickers basing your choice on?