Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: Eurobasket , a evening of basket

Spain who is the big favourite for winning the Eurobasket has lost easily against Serbia 66-57

Serbia has the youngest team of the Eurobasket, and it seems that a new generation of fantastic players is coming after some years struggling

They have refused to call any NBA player (only Krstic), and right now they have some of the brightest young prospects in Europe. Macvan, Velickovic, Tepic, Tripkovic or Teodosic may be the future of european basketball

Spain was just awful. Pau Gasol ha a pretty poor match, with 9 points and 7 rebounds. But 4/10 FG and 1/8 FT!!!
    Navarro 14 points but 3/16 FG!!
    Marc Gasol only scored 4 points

Rudy Fern

I can understand Navarro going 3/16, people have off shooting nights, and Serbia played good D, but how the hell did Gasol go 1/8 from the line ?

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by dr8ked
    so serbia >>> Espana ?? or what happened ? are they missing alot of players ??
    Spain

Three point shot : 2/19 10,5 %

Free throws : 15/28 53,6 %

Pau Gasol

Free throws 1/8

Marc Gasol missing with a good defense of the serbians - 5 turnovers ... ...

Navarro

Three point shot : 1/7 14,3 %

Two point shot : 2/9 22,2

And good ofensive game of Krstić ... .
    Last edited by Jonelo; 09-07-2009 at 05:56 PM.

Banned

Rubio was completely exposed in this game. He can't play against a set defense. Not even just a little bit.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    I can understand Navarro going 3/16, people have off shooting nights, and Serbia played good D, but how the hell did Gasol go 1/8 from the line ?
    Most have been free throws in the last 5 minutes , when Spain was to 9- 10 points. In fact Spain could have tied the game with several of those free throws and some field shot more . Pau missed 7 free throws in a row in this game

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket

Don't forget this is Pau's first game back after quite a layoff due to his finger injury. It's bound to of effected him.

Decent playground baller

Ricky Rubio was also pretty average.

6 points and 3 assists with 2/7 FG

You can see all the results and stats of the Eurobasket in here

http://www.eurobasket2009.org/en/default.asp

Despite all, I think that Spain should win the tournament easily. I think they have by far the best team

Not airballing my layups anymore tbc's Avatar

just came back from the games in Warsaw.

I didn't even know Pops Mensah-Bonsu plays for the UK team.He looked really good vs Slovenia,too bad his teammates aren't all that good.Oh,and Primoz Berec still sucks donkey balls.

Spain was shooting bricks the entire night.Is Rudy really injured?I didn't notice anything wrong with him during the warmup.He was running,dunking with ease etc.Maybe they want to give him some time off?

Serbian D on Gasol was very good tonite.Pau's problems with catching the ball didn't help either.

Krstic owned in this game,had some nice buckets in the post,and i loved that turnaround j on Gasol.Heh one time Pau fell for a pump fake like a rookie.And I think someone needs to tell him it's not the nba and that he shouldn't be complaining to the refs the entire game,especially if he's shooting bad.

Rubio scored 6 points (2 layups and 2xft) but i like his game.He's got nice handles and got to the rim with ease.I agree with people who claim he needs to work on his jumper.He was passing a bit too much,he had like 3 open looks at the basket and he passed to the guy camping at the 3pt line.Well,that's how we play in Europe i guess.I wasn't that much impressed with his D,he looked a bit lost imo.
    Last edited by tbc; 09-07-2009 at 06:52 PM.

It's a damn shame for GB that both Deng and Gordon both aren't playing for them. They could cause some teams problems if they were.

Good High School Starter

By the way you guys can watch the games at espn360.com

at least some of them. Very good quality. and you can see the replays as well.

Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxed
    By the way you guys can watch the games at espn360.com

at least some of them. Very good quality. and you can see the replays as well.
    don't you have to get verizon FIOS to get espn360 for free and if you don't you have to pay for it ??? ..
    Last edited by dr8ked; 09-08-2009 at 12:20 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hyman
    Ricky Rubio was also pretty average.

6 points and 3 assists with 2/7 FG

You can see all the results and stats of the Eurobasket in here

http://www.eurobasket2009.org/en/default.asp

Despite all, I think that Spain should win the tournament easily. I think they have by far the best team
    They don't have the best team.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    It's a damn shame for GB that both Deng and Gordon both aren't playing for them. They could cause some teams problems if they were.
    Indeed. I hate being a 'what if' kinda fan, but in this case I really would love to see them both playing. Pops Mensah-Bonsu is doing his best, but we simply haven't got very good shooters. Ben Gordon would have filled a huge need if he was playing.

Slovenia was probably our best chance to get a win. We'd beaten them about 3 weeks ago, but their shooting was too good this time.

Looking forward to watching GB get destroyed by Spain later. They'll be mad after losing to Serbia, so we'll probably get eaten alive.

Not airballing my layups anymore tbc's Avatar

Apart from Pops and that Archibald guy the UK squad looked pretty poor.Still they managed to make it a game after being steamrolled in the first quarter(Slovenia was making all their shots).

Yeah and i don't think Spain is going to have another crap game.They'll probably destroy UK.

Same goes for Poland vs Lithuania.Poland won their opener,but Lithuania lost to Turkey.They miss their backcourt guys but theyre still an excellent team.Poland is prolly going to lose this one.

Should be another fun night anyway.

Default 2009 European basketball championship (Eurobasket) discussion

See official site for complete recaps and box scores:

Or see InsideHoops.com's Eurobasket page for shorter recaps of every game, all on one page.

Eurobasket Day 1: Greece 86 Macedonia 54 ... Russia 81 Latvia 68 ... Slovenia 72 Great Britain 59 ... Poland 90 Bulgaria 78 ... Croatia 86 Israel 79 ... France 70 Germany 65 ... Serbia 66 Spain 57 ... Turkey 84, Lithuania 76. Game Recaps.
    [COLOR=#000000]

[/COLOR]
    Last edited by insidehoops; 09-08-2009 at 09:53 AM.