Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-15-2007, 02:11 AM   #46
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Chris Paul or Melo?

i'm taking paul

once nash and kidd retire... he's at the top with deron with ford right behind them.

if you want to win a championship without a jordan type player, you need an extremely solid PG.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:37 AM   #47
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

Paul has the talent to be a Top 10 all time PG. Now there are a ton of things that could derail that, but he has that rare ability and intangibles. Him and Deron may go down as the best Point guard duo from the same draft ever.

So yeah, I would take Paul over Anthony in a heart beat. Carmelo has great talent, but a poor attitude and limited leadership abilty. Paul is going to make your whole team better...Carmelo will take care of his own stats.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:37 AM   #48
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

The responses in here are leading me to believe that the whole "post play is more valuable than perimeter play" thing only applies when ISH decides to have a circle jerk over Tim Duncan.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:44 AM   #49
dorellcookwade
I brick open layups

dorellcookwade has an OK reputation so far

I think Paul will be the #1 PG in the NBA one day, unless Deron can match him, they will definately be the top 2. So I'd pick Paul because if you are building a team, I'd start with a PG, unless it's a really special player like LeBron or Wade.
dorellcookwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:56 AM   #50
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
I go the opposite way on that topic. I think Deron is a great player, but benefits from the awesome offensive talent they have there, the awesome coach, and his awesome offensive system that promotes great movement. But I think all things even Paul is certainly a step above him as a pg... he's the type of player that makes guys much better, as does Melo from his position.

You're telling me that Deron is a product of his environment instead of being the reason his team is good? I don't by it for a second that Deron isn't a "type of player that make guys much better".
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:43 PM   #51
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Aldridge Fan has decent reputationAldridge Fan has decent reputation

Paul.
Aldridge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: