Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 05-22-2009, 01:14 AM   #1291
justin43
High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: May 21: Nuggets @ Lakers, Game 2 (Round 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiŠ
We used our size very well in the first half, and then we lost focus and Denver made a run and gathered momentum and confidence.

After that it was a see-saw battle with million of bad calls.
1-1; LA needs to win one of the next two.

This loss is devastating, especially because Denver didn't even earn anything late in the game. They just went to the line every trip down outside of that flukey Kenyon Martin shot where Denver lost the ball, recovered and hit an open Martin.

Gah frustrating game.

This sums up the game pretty much. What is up with the nba refs these days? I have seen bad call after bad call made through the entire playoffs in both the west and the east sides. This is just sad.
justin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:15 AM   #1292
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

And the #1 reason why the Nuggets won this game is because....

Linus Kleiza. I think thats how his name is spelled lol. But he was the spark they needed. And for some reason, the Lakers just didn't want to guard him.

I really don't like it when the piece of **** machine is in the game as well. He plays for like 5 mins and jacks up 4 bricks.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:15 AM   #1293
Twiens
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldNugg21
In addition, the Nene tied Gasol up at the same time Billups did. Easily could have been a Nene/Gasol jump, and advantage there is likely Nene. Plus, Jr's play, while very illegal, had basically no impact on the ensuing turnover by Ariza, unless I missed something.

Overall, tough game to watch. Yes, Lakers fans, the Refs were very much in your favor, particularly in the first half, but for some reason the Nuggets got the benefit of the whistle down the stretch.

You've gotta be kidding me. Nuggets have been getting homecourt calls for 2 games now...I'm not mad because I'm assuming that'll even out with us somehow getting those calls in Denver.
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:15 AM   #1294
mbell75
Another title in LA :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garubu
NUggets bringin it home to denver 3-1

Against the best road team in the NBA this season?
mbell75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:15 AM   #1295
magiŠ
Sai ello to the ba guy

I think Fisher and Sasha combined to shoot 1 for 14 tonight.
Why not let Farmar start for the remainder of the series, he is doing some good things out there and let Shannon play backup.

It's 1-1, but I have not been even marginally impressed with LA's offense and defense. They need to do something with Denver's athletic bigs, maybe start Powell at SF instead of Walton off the bench and let him hit those jumpers.
magiŠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:16 AM   #1296
NoGunzJustSkillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
Yea that ball should go to kobe but he was being guarded pretty well by anthony.. And Kobe is going to have problems holding Melo off that ball.. Kobe was hot though.. I would have tried to get him the ball as well.. But sometimes it is hard.. Kobe has missed alot of big shots as well so please don't diss fisher..

on one hand, yeah i understand. on the other hand, fish shouldnt have been in the game PERIOD 1-9, ouch. i would have been more comfortable with brown or farmer shooting the 3.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:16 AM   #1297
asu77golf
Your momma so fat...

I kept having to rub my eyes this season in disbelief, especially in the second half... but it seems we're witnessing Carmelo Anthony turn into a decent defensive player. He had some great stops against Dirk and actually guarded Kobe fairly well tonight.
asu77golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:17 AM   #1298
UCLA - Lakers
The real Jeff

if derek fisher doesn't break out of his slump, then you have to consider starting jordan farmar or shannon brown. i wouldn't mind seeing jordan farmar @ pg. the lakers need people who can create off of the dribble against denver, and jordan's one of the only lakers aside from kobe who can consistently get into the lane.
UCLA - Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:17 AM   #1299
Kingwillball
NBA sixth man of the year

Watching Post game interview Phil Sounds genuinely concerned about this series..basically saying if his team doesn't raise its level of Play they are gonna be in trouble in Denver.
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:17 AM   #1300
GMW
Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by asu77golf
I kept having to rub my eyes this season in disbelief, especially in the second half... but it seems we're witnessing Carmelo Anthony turn into a decent defensive player. He had some great stops against Dirk and actually guarded Kobe fairly well tonight.
Melo is really establishing himself as a top 5 player in these playoffs, he's playing excellent on both sides of the floor.
GMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:18 AM   #1301
NY Comeback
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiens
You've gotta be kidding me. Nuggets have been getting homecourt calls for 2 games now...I'm not mad because I'm assuming that'll even out with us somehow getting those calls in Denver.
"Homecourt calls" What the hell is that? You call a spade a spade, LA's not as much of a physical team as Denver is. They're gonna get more calls, since the play in the paint.
NY Comeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:18 AM   #1302
OneMoreSucka
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75
That got demolished by Houston
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:19 AM   #1303
NBASTATMAN
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldNugg21
In addition, the Nene tied Gasol up at the same time Billups did. Easily could have been a Nene/Gasol jump, and advantage there is likely Nene. Plus, Jr's play, while very illegal, had basically no impact on the ensuing turnover by Ariza, unless I missed something.

Overall, tough game to watch. Yes, Lakers fans, the Refs were very much in your favor, particularly in the first half, but for some reason the Nuggets got the benefit of the whistle down the stretch. The Lakers also have only themselves to blame, as missed freethrows killed them as bad as they killed the Nuggets in game 1, and they made poor decisions down the stretch.

I find it interesting that between Melo and Kobe, whoever shot worse has won the game. Go figure.

GOLD NUGG YOU NAILED IT.. Whoever gets the calls down the stretch will win.. Kobe was untouchable the other night the lakers win.. Denver got the calls at the end they win.. NBA AT ITS BEST...
NBASTATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:20 AM   #1304
Kingwillball
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMW
Melo is really establishing himself as a top 5 player in these playoffs, he's playing excellent on both sides of the floor.

In the Playoffs he is definately top 5.. Top 3 actually Lebron, Kobe, Melo,Dirk,Howard,Rondo,Wade,Lewis
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:20 AM   #1305
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75

Yeah and your talking about the Nuggets ONE OF THE BEST if not THE BEST home team in playoff basketball this year.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: