Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: I love this current Lakers team!

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Lakers won't do that, not in their DNA
    Well, it's not in Kobe's DNA and he will ensure none of the other players think tanking.

Don't you think it should be a management directive to go in this direction? I mean, getting a top draft pick next year, along with all that capspace could really set up the Lakers nicely.

They have the chance to milk every injury, like Kobe's current one, any injury old Gasol or Nash gets, and suck without it looking too obvious...

Quote Originally Posted by LakersDaBEst
    still not as bad as the Raptors.
    Both their defenses were bad last year. Raptors were better with Rudy Gay in the lineup defensively. I expect them to be better defensively this up coming season than the Lakers.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Well, it's not in Kobe's DNA and he will ensure none of the other players think tanking.

Don't you think it should be a management directive to go in this direction? I mean, getting a top draft pick next year, along with all that capspace could really set up the Lakers nicely.

They have the chance to milk every injury, like Kobe's current one, any injury old Gasol or Nash gets, and suck without it looking too obvious...
    Like I said it's not in the Lakers DNA and that means the Lakers organization not just Kobe's. Management would never make that type of call, it's not how they think it's not how the team is run.

College superstar

Looks like Xzauveeyay Henry is going to be the next Earl Clark.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LakersDaBEst
    I'm so happy with our current line up right now. There's some minor adjustments to be made, but so far it has been GREAT!

Seriously can't wait till Kobe to come back and fukk everything up by destroying chemistry like he always does with his egomanic approach to the game and turn everyone into scapegoats for the failure that ensues
    LAKERS FAN, LEGGOOOO for another great season

fixed it for ya

Very good NBA starter

In this thread, so many haters that can't seem to keep the Lakers off their mind.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Like I said it's not in the Lakers DNA and that means the Lakers organization not just Kobe's. Management would never make that type of call, it's not how they think it's not how the team is run.
    Might pay to rethink that method.

Landing a Wiggins or Exum is nothing to sneeze at.

Exum from the land of OZ

Come to think of it, our national team could potentially of had Irving, Exum(next year), Bogut

Not too shabby at all...

Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

I don't even expect many moral victories this season.

If they win 40 games, they will have exceeded expectations.

My only consolation since Time Warner took their TV contract has been that they are so bad, I'm almost glad I don't get to (have to) watch it happen live.

Just because I'm a fan doesn't mean I need to feign giddyness no matter what product they put on the court. If it's only in their DNA to go for a championship and I have to assume that is what Jim Buss is doing right now, I can only cringe at what it would look like if he were trying to tank the season. Dude could FUBAR a wet dream.

Decent playground baller TimmyDuncan's Avatar

Obviously I don't see them winning it all but it's possible for them to have a 50 wins season IMO.

Is it a good thing to be a low seeded playoff team in a great draft year though?

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

haha gotta love those gif's
    yeah I expect them fun to watch as well.

Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyDuncan
    Obviously I don't see them winning it all but it's possible for them to have a 50 wins season IMO.
    They have a LOT of obstacles to overcome to get 50 wins:

1) 'When' and 'if' Kobe can contribute at the level he has in the past.
    * He's coming off achilles surgery, so there's no guarantees he can/will.
    * Every game he's not 'Kobe', is going to be tough for this team to win.

2) Even if Kaman finds his game again, he misses an average of 20+ games a season due to injury.

3) Pau Gasol's average games missed due to injury is actually a tick worse than Kaman's, and he's now 33 years old.

4) Steve Nash will turn 40 halfway through this season. FORTY!
    * Even if he can perform at 80% of what he was in his prime offensively, he will be an incredible defensive liability, with mostly old dudes nearby to lend a hand.

5) I would assume Nick Young will start at the #3? That isn't troubling to me, but who does that leave coming off the bench?
    * Even if the Laker's starting five remains healthy and can somewhat compete with other teams (and I'm not sure I can sign off on that on their best days), they will need periodic rest, especially in a D'Antoni crafted offense.
    * The Laker's bench will be one of their worst ever, and as great as their starting fives have been historically, they have had some ridiculously putrid 2nd stringers over the years. Some would be doing well to be a scrub.

6) Sadly, and I do mean SADLY when the other team they share a building with is owned by Donald Sterling, they are not even the best team in L.A.

7) When the Lakers have a down season, other teams in the league love to beat them like a rented circus mule. I fully expect demoralizing losses.
    * I can hardly blame them since the Lakers have pissed in pretty much everyone's Cheerios for decades on end.
    * I expect no mercy, nor would I want any. But if a team gets a chance to rub it in, I believe they will savor every minute of it.
    *More power to them, this is professional sports. If you have the chance to obliterate the opposition, you do it.

8) D'Antoni is the wrong coach for a team like this. He needs a bunch of thoroughbreds to be able to thrive.
    * His best four of the starting five are 31, 33, 35 (coming off achilles surgery), and 39 years old before the season begins.

I expect the 2013/2014 Lakers to play basketball like old people 'twerk'. . . . S-l-o-w and sloppy.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyDuncan
    Is it a good thing to be a low seeded playoff team in a great draft year though?
    Not especially. I don't think anyone would blame the Lakers it they just stood pat, and didn't rush Kobe back into full battle mode. Just let nature take it's course this season, and reload next summer. But I don't expect Jim Buss to be that astute, patient, or shrewd.

Quote Originally Posted by EllEffEll
    I don't even expect many moral victories this season.

If they win 40 games, they will have exceeded expectations.

My only consolation since Time Warner took their TV contract has been that they are so bad, I'm almost glad I don't get to (have to) watch it happen live.

Just because I'm a fan doesn't mean I need to feign giddyness no matter what product they put on the court. If it's only in their DNA to go for a championship and I have to assume that is what Jim Buss is doing right now, I can only cringe at what it would look like if he were trying to tank the season. Dude could FUBAR a wet dream.
    FK UR SELF and take off that avatar. Winning 40 games exceed your expectations? I'm expecting a good 50 wins.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

gifs just like these were posted when Laker fans said Kobe would lead the Lakers to the playoffs in 06 & 07.

These guys swore those teams wouldn't even sniff the playoffs.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Robert Sacre..amazing that he still got a roster spot