Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default La clippers play too hard preseason

Last night against gsw Jordan kept putting on a dunk dosplay. He was even massaging his knees. That wreck less behavior can get him hurt. He should focus on his game instead of flashy dunks.

Not 1 not 2 but 3! 3 hits in 1 by da hunter!

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: La clippers play too hard preseason

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Last night against gsw Jordan kept putting on a dunk dosplay. He was even massaging his knees. That wreck less behavior can get him hurt. He should focus on his game instead of flashy dunks.

Not 1 not 2 but 3! 3 hits in 1 by da hunter!
    . Your team was 5-1 in the preseason the Clippers were 3-3... so which team is playing too hard? Not anybody's fault the Clippers were the first bench to the destroy the Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    U don't think he should take it easy clippersfan86?
    Um... DeAndre needs all the burn and competition he can get and he's never been injured in his career so it's nothing worth discussing. Only time he's missed games was due to Pneumonia.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Never too early to work on clutchness!

Gotta practice those clutch blocks!!

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Gotta practice those clutch blocks!!

Even Griffin got in a nasty block last night.

But was it clutch?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    But was it clutch?
    Give it a rest man. Clippers are significantly better than the Jazz.... you have smaller fish to fry like Suns, Wolves, Warriors etc who may out you for the 8th seed. Let the big boys like the Spurs, Lakers and Thunder worry about the Clippers.

Warriors have been playing hard also in the preseason. Truth is, Clippers length gave Lee and Landry problems inside, and our jumpers weren't falling. I like Jarret Jack, but he doesn't stretch the court or distribute like Curry can.

Clippers are a scary team. Well rounded, deepest team in the league... ran by the best PG in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Give it a rest man. Clippers are significantly better than the Jazz
    Yeah they were a big 3 games better than the Jazz last year despite the play of Chops and Mr. Spur leading the charge. Pretty significant difference. Again the difference between the two is Chris Paul so you better hope he can stay on the court. When did I say the Jazz were better anyway? I said they were deeper which they most certainly are, Hollins clutchness and all.

.... you have smaller fish to fry like Suns, Wolves, Warriors etc who may out you for the 8th seed. Let the big boys like the Spurs, Lakers and Thunder worry about the Clippers.

Yeah they were a big 3 games better than the Jazz last year despite the play of Chops and Mr. Spur leading the charge. Pretty significant difference. Again the difference between the two is Chris Paul so you better hope he can stay on the court. When did I say the Jazz were better anyway? I said they were deeper which they most certainly are, Hollins clutchness and all.

Let the games be played rather than taking immature, off topic shots at the Clippers in every thread like a permanently butthurt poster. Seriously let it go bro. We'll see which bench is better shortly, give it time.

Let the games be played rather than taking immature, off topic shots at the Clippers in every thread like a permanently butthurt poster. Seriously let it go bro. We'll see which bench is better shortly, give it time.
    We already seen who had the deeper bench last year and the Jazz have gotten deeper while the Clipps have a ton of question marks on theirs.

We already seen who had the deeper bench last year and the Jazz have gotten deeper while the Clipps have a ton of question marks on theirs.
    Sure but those question marks may end up panning out. You can find an article every week calling the Clippers the deepest team in the league or one of the deepest. I don't hear analysts mentioning the Jazz in that topic TBH so stop acting like I'm just randomly being a homer. On paper the Clippers are deeper overall. Jazz has deeper frontcourt, no question... Clippers have deeper backcourt no question as well as SF's.

Bledsoe, Crawford, Hill are bench players that would likely start on your team. The only Jazz bench player that MIGHT be an upgrade to the Clippers is Kanter over DJ assuming DJ doesn't maintain this level of play he recently has. Depth doesn't just mean bench vs bench. It means top to bottom depth. Clippers have more talent TOP TO BOTTOM. Although purely pitting the best 5 from each bench against each other I think Clippers win.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 10-24-2012 at 01:40 AM.

Let's put it this way. The starting point guard for Utah was, at times, the Clippers third string point guard, this past season, behind Paul and a healthy Bledsoe.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Warriors have been playing hard also in the preseason. Truth is, Clippers length gave Lee and Landry problems inside, and our jumpers weren't falling. I like Jarrett Jack, but he doesn't stretch the court or distribute like Curry can.
    Sign Mike Taylor

Sure but those question marks may end up panning out.
    And what if they don't?

You can find an article every week calling the Clippers the deepest team in the league or one of the deepest. I don't hear analysts mentioning the Jazz in that topic
    The team from LA getting talked up and the team from Utah being forgotten?

stop acting like I'm just randomly being a homer
    you a homer?

. On paper the Clippers are deeper overall.
    Take away Chris Paul and they are possibly lottery bound as they were before his arrival. Take away several Jazz players and they remain competitive.

Clippers have deeper backcourt no question as well as SF's.
    Undersized backcourt and aging injury prone players leaves plenty of question there.

Bledsoe, Crawford, Hill are bench players that would likely start on your team.
    Bledsoe might start? Jazz would never want Crawford. Their offense needs high IQ players not guys that take lots of bad shots. Hill makes little sense as a starter with his injury history and age. He will likely miss significant time. Makes more sense on the bench.

The only Jazz bench player that MIGHT be an upgrade to the Clippers is Kanter over DJ assuming DJ doesn't maintain this level of play he recently has.
    Who knows? Vinny might like the size of Burks or maybe even Demarre which could allow them to play Caron at the 2? Also if Foye or ends up at the one Hayward would make more sense off the bench where he flourished last year. Jefferson should be on the bench as well and Millsap sadly might end up there. Favors is better than Jordan as well.

Depth doesn't just mean bench vs bench. It means top to bottom depth. Clippers have more talent TOP TO BOTTOM.
    Take away Paul and no they don't. Huge holes in the Clipps roster. Jazz have a much better roster aside from Paul.

Although purely pitting the best 5 from each bench against each other I think Clippers win.
    Who's the center and PF in this scenario? Who steps in for Odom, Hill, Billups and Butler when they aren't playing?