Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 07-10-2012, 05:52 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default First look at Andre Drummond in summer league

Detroit Free Press:

There are going to be moments this season when Andre Drummond will make your eyes grow wide in amazement. And there will be moments when Drummond makes you close your eyes in horror.

Well, that last part might be an overstatement, but Pistons fans got their first glance of the prized first-round pick Monday courtesy of NBA TV televising Orlando summer league action. The record will show that the first time Drummond suited up as a member of the Pistons, his summer-league team defeated the Utah Jazz, 76-73. Drummond contributed eight points, five rebounds, four steals and two blocked shots to go along with 4-for-6 shooting in 27 minutes.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: First look at Andre Drummond in summer league

I think it was a good first outing for Drummond. He wasn't spectacular but he did play better than Kanter, who was a higher pick than he was just a year ago. It was just one game. I think Drummond has a ways to go, but I did like what I saw. It was promising for Pistons fans.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well, in his 2nd game against the Magic he wasn't very good.... 3 points and 3 rebounds. I'm not going to get upset yet. He's going to have good games and bad games. We all know this is a project that is going to take a few years. Let's just hope he works hard. The good news is Ben Wallace is probably going to be back this season. He will be an extremely good influence on him. It might be Wallace is coming back just to help Drummond. I think when Drummond sees just how hard Big Ben works, he'll know what he needs to do to be successful. Of course Drummond needs help offensively too and Ben isn't going to be able to help with that. Maybe he can try to work with Hakeem like every other C tries to....
Old 07-11-2012, 03:13 AM   #4
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation

I was quite impressed with his short / mid fade-away jumpers, looked very natural and would be hard to block...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #5
henry1jg
Can barely lace up my sneakers

henry1jg has an OK reputation so far

He looked good at times today. He had 10 pts, 9 rebs, & 3 blks. He had some nice, aggressive plays early on offense. He had a couple great defensive rotations, but he definitely needs to be more consistent with his def help. He also needs to box out, he let Cole Aldrich go untouched quite a few times & just relied on his athleticism to win jump ball rebounds.

I think the ability is definitely there, but hes very raw. The one thing about him that I cannot stand is that when he gets an off reb, he'll shoot a quick little fade away jumper. I just want him to power dribble that bitch & dunk on somebodies head. He also missed anither dunk today. Wtf is up with that?
henry1jg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

This is really what I expected of him for the summer league. This is a solid game for him. We also have to consider there were only 3 Pistons that scored in double figures. A few things that always translate to the NBA game are defense (blocks), and rebounding. It seems like he's doing that well, and with Ben Wallace to teach him it's just going to get better. My fingers are crossed for this guy in a few years.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #7
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Hopefully Ben Wallace becomes Drummond's new best friend. He can teach him how to get all the way to 50% free throw shooting and how to limit blown dunks to 1 a game.

Kidding aside I think rebounding and blocked shots are gonna Drummond's bread and butter, he just needs to put some muscle on his body.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
Hopefully Ben Wallace becomes Drummond's new best friend. He can teach him how to get all the way to 50% free throw shooting and how to limit blown dunks to 1 a game.

Kidding aside I think rebounding and blocked shots are gonna Drummond's bread and butter, he just needs to put some muscle on his body.

He definitely does look like he could be a force defensively. That's why I've been excited to hear that Ben is going to come back. He could be a great influence on that kid. We all know his work ethic is amazing and I think that's one of the top things the vets can show the younger guys. I don't think many of these rookies know exactly how hard some of these guys work. If Drummond puts in that kind of work he'll have a successful career.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: