Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: People who say that Carmelo is Fat....

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Actually fat NBA players are rare. Most just look pudgy in a jersey. Like Shaq:

I hope you know those abs are fake

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Melo is better at scoring from the perimeter than Lebron. Lebron is a better overall scorer though
    What the **** is the difference? Melo is a better shooter? Cause I'm not even sure if that is true either.

marshmelo is a fantastic nickname. just superb

I love how some people call Melo the best pure scorer in the league, yet he's never even been in the top 5 in points.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Wade too IMO

Wade is not a better Perimeter scorer than Melo.. Wade barely even shoots the 3 ball.

He is however, just as good of a scorer, just not from the perimeter

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I was thinking back to when I watched it. I barely paid attention to the picture. Even looking at Barkley....to be picked on about his weight hes never been all that fat. The barkley in that picture would be like the 6th fattest person in the express line in Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    People who don't understand the game dont realize how he gets it done. For someone like that even if they like the game they don't understand and it frustrates them. They don't see the "easy" things to see- speed/jumping/athletisism so they think he doesn't have special talent. Footwork, positioning, and leverage are all hard to see if you think all sf's should play the same or all of any position should have the same skills
    Well said. I hate to always fluff my guy, but Zach Randolph is a bit on the heavy side. Im a 5'8 white boy and i probably have a higher vertical than him and he is a career 20/10 guy. he is extremely skilled. He knows how to get position, has great footwork, and great hands. Bottom line like you said is he gets it done. If these players were not in good enough shape to play the game, they wouldnt be on the court. On the flip side Stephen Curry looks like a little choir buy, but the kid can ball. All that matters is results

Active NBA Players who have scored 30 PPG (number of times in parentheses)

Kobe Bryant (3)
    LeBron James (2)
    Dwyane Wade (1)
    Tracy McGrady (1)
    Kevin Durant (1)

Active NBA Players who have won scoring titles
    Kevin Durant (3)
    Kobe Bryant (2)
    Tracy McGrady (2)
    LeBron James (1)
    Dwyane Wade (1)

Where's Melo?

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    What the **** is the difference? Melo is a better shooter? Cause I'm not even sure if that is true either.

It means that Melo is better at scoring from the perimeter than Lebron?

It means that majority of Lebrons points come off of him driving. Not from his perimeter shooting.

If a team has any hope of stopping Lebron, they try to force him be a perimeter player, Dallas did this in 11 & it worked wonders.

Okc did not & Lebron got his ring.

It's not like Lebron just became so much better from 11 to 12 or that he "choked" in 11. The mavericks just gameplanned better & forced him to play to his weakness.

It means that majority of Lebrons points come off of him driving. Not from his perimeter shooting.

If a team has any hope of stopping Lebron, they try to force him be a perimeter player, Dallas did this in 11 & it worked wonders.

It's not like Lebron just became so much better from 11 to 12 or that he "choked" in 11. The mavericks just gameplanned better & forced him to play to his weakness.
    LeBron was a jumpshooter in 2011 playoffs, he killed it in the first 3 rounds from the perimeter. Then his jumper stopped falling and he lost all his confidence and became way too passive-that's "choking" in my book, and I'm a huge LBJ fan. The Mavericks played him very well, but in the end, LBJ has no one to blame but himself for his 2011 disaster. Luckily, he bounced back this year

Last season Lebron made 188 of 425 mid range shots, 43%. Melo made 154 of 396 mid range shots, 39%. Lebron shot 36% from 3p last season, Melo shot 33%. Who's the better perimeter scorer?

Banned

If melo is fat I wonder what some of y'all look like on this board Looool

Yeah, that quote gets kind of annoying after some time.

Maybe I have different interpretation of being "fat", but yeah he isn't. The only thing that does annoy me about him is his dedication to his team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Pretty solid company hes in:

1. Michael Jordan* 30.12 2. Wilt Chamberlain* 30.07 3. LeBron James 27.64 4. Elgin Baylor* 27.36 5. Jerry West* 27.03 6. Allen Iverson 26.66 7. Bob Pettit* 26.36 8. George Gervin* 26.18 9. Oscar Robertson* 25.68 10. Kobe Bryant 25.40 11. Dwyane Wade 25.15 12. Karl Malone* 25.02 13. Dominique Wilkins* 24.83 14. Carmelo Anthony 24.65 15. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar* 24.61 16. Larry Bird* 24.29
    I would like to know who's the top PPG scorers are through 9 years, not just use career averages with players that having different years each.

For example, Kareem would certinally be higher than Melo's average through their first 9 years.

Nonetheless, yes, he's in impressive company.

Melo is better at scoring from the perimeter than Lebron. Lebron is a better overall scorer though
    From mid-range, sure. 3 point shots, I'd actually give LeBron the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Luckily, he bounced back this year
    He bounced back because he was aggressive at attacking the rim, not because his jumpshot was consistent.

His jumpshot went broke during the playoffs, was terrible during the 2012 Finals.

I alwyas wonder why people call carmelo fat. He's actually pretty skinny, he just has a naturally fat face.

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    Last season Lebron made 188 of 425 mid range shots, 43%. Melo made 154 of 396 mid range shots, 39%. Lebron shot 36% from 3p last season, Melo shot 33%. Who's the better perimeter scorer?

a 55 game sample size?

Lets ignore the other 9 years