Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Re: Larry Bird calls out the Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Or they could y'know ... just play basketball.

If the Pacers embarrass themselves by reverting to thug ball it's going to be a black mark for the franchise that they can't afford -- people in Indiana stopped supporting the team after the Artest incident.
    You can't really compare the two situations. Artest went into the stands and beat up a fan. That would be way different than the Pacers coming out in game 6 and getting physical with the Heat.

P*ssy.

NBA Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    The same people calling for the Heat's head for violence today (fyi-I believe Pittman should be suspended for rest of playoffs at least, Haslem's was a "regular" flagrant foul but nothing you don't see in playoffs) are in this thread hoping for a bloodbath in game 6
    Let's be honest, it's what the fans wanna see lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    The same people calling for the Heat's head for violence today (fyi-I believe Pittman should be suspended for rest of playoffs at least, Haslem's was a "regular" flagrant foul but nothing you don't see in playoffs) are in this thread hoping for a bloodbath in game 6
    See, what you don't understand is:

Violence against Miami = good

Violence by Miami = bad

NBA Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JaE_BLiZZy
    Refs will probably call the game 6 tight
    I hope David West knocks out a referee for the hell of it lol.

If the Pacers embarrass themselves by reverting to thug ball it's going to be a black mark for the franchise that they can't afford -- people in Indiana stopped supporting the team after the Artest incident.

Being a bit overly dramatic arent we?

National High School Star

Do you have a source supporting that fans didn't support the pacers after the artest incident?

Quote Originally Posted by shady6121
    Let's be honest, it's what the fans wanna see lol.
    Do they? When it happens, they freak. Me personally, I wish people would just play basketball (being a fairly meek and mild-mannered guy myself lol), but it is what it is I guess. I wish I didn't have to see this, people reminisce about "old school" NBA, I never saw that but I don't think violence is necessary in sports. Whatever tho lol

So many tough guys on the internet. Too bad most of them are like 5'10 160lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    I'm 5'11 about 200 pounds of flab. I struggle lifting heavy objects, get tired easily, and have never won a fight in my life. Come at me bro

Banned

See, what you don't understand is:

Violence against Miami = good

Violence by Miami = bad
    Because Violence against Miami so far has just been at worst, Flagrant 1s. There is nothing wrong with that. Even with Haslem, I feel he should be fined or something, but his punishment shouldn't be that harsh.

Pittman just completely crossed the line, and him winking made it seem like this was planned with another teammate. That's why Pacers are "out for blood" now.

So size dictates who is "tough" or not? You've never seen, or been in a scrap in your life bro.

With that said, it isnt being "tough" that some people here would like to see hard nosed playoff ball where two teams get IN on one another. Heat were committing some HARD fouls today....intentionally.

Indiana should go out there, and put it right back at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    Because Violence against Miami so far has just been at worst, Flagrant 1s. There is nothing wrong with that. Even with Haslem, I feel he should be fined or something, but his punishment shouldn't be that harsh.

Pittman just completely crossed the line, and him winking made it seem like this was planned with another teammate. That's why Pacers are "out for blood" now.
    That's fine, but you're the one trying to spin this into being LeBron and Wade's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu

I wouldn't be upset if Haslem got fined. I think that's in order. Not a suspension though.

As far as Pittman, I'm dead serious when I say he should be suspended without pay for at least a year. That was absolutely over the line.

I wouldn't say it was planned with another teammate though. If anything, that had Pat Riley's fingerprints all over it.

<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3 The Choken One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    So size dictates who is "tough" or not? You've never seen, or been in a scrap in your life bro.

With that said, it isnt being "tough" that some people here would like to see hard nosed playoff ball where two teams get IN on one another. Heat were committing some HARD fouls today....intentionally.

Indiana should go out there, and put it right back at them.
    This.

You don't let some thugs get away with a dirty shot to someone's throat.

i already know whats gonna happen

larry bird hates the heat (hopefully )

so he is gonna make his team start so much shit that most of their players get suspended for multiple games making it impossible for them to win the ECF.

but really, we already know that stern has his eye on this series and is gonna make sure the refs don't let it get to far out of hand.

we have probly hyped it up to much already, but it's been a while since the last legit NBA fight! im hopin for one.