Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: What position is currently...

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    You're on coke if you think a player who averaged 9/5/4 last season while playing good defense should deserve to be an all-star. Iggy is a good player, but he's not an all-star level player anymore.

As for Nick Young, he could be an all-star. He put up 18 ppg while only playing 28 mpg last season.
    Iggy's no All-Star anymore, but he was without doubt a top 3 perimeter defender last year. Good defense is a massive understatement.

Strongest is PG or PF. Weakest is probably SG.

Decent college freshman

PG/PF
    SF
    C(and its closer to 3rd than 5th)
    SG

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Please don't ever call yourself a Spurs fan... Timmy stan will do fine.
    Whatever fan or stan he is of, what he said was on point.

Kwahi isn't comparable to prime Vince and wasn't THAT special in the playoffs. But if he produces at a higher level in the upcoming years, great for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Whatever fan or stan he is of, what he said was on point.

Kwahi isn't comparable to prime Vince and wasn't THAT special in the playoffs. But if he produces at a higher level in the upcoming years, great for him.
    To clear things up I was never directly comparing Kawhi to Vince..I was just lining players up between the two positions, by their ranks within their own position..and Kawhi and VC are both in that 4-5 range for SFs and SGs in their respective eras imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    What I thought.. But in the "top 5 at each Position" thread, I realized it's not anymore... Mainly due to the fall of guys like Duncan, Garnett, Stoudemire, Gasol, Boozer, Bosh, etc

Ibaka is the 5th and lest elite PF rn imo
    Love
    Blake Griffin
    Anthony Davis
    Dirk
    LMA
    Horford

and then a TON of depth. Duncan/faried/Ibaka/Gasol/Ryan Anderson(beast when healthy), ect ect....

PG and PF are deeper, but SF is the most top heavy. If you want to make an argument quality > quantity, then SF would be the strongest. Not that I agree, but SF at the top has the two best players in the game, then top 10ish players like George (if he gets back to what he was before the injury) and Carmelo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    PG and PF are deeper, but SF is the most top heavy. If you want to make an argument quality > quantity, then SF would be the strongest. Not that I agree, but SF at the top has the two best players in the game, then top 10ish players like George (if he gets back to what he was before the injury) and Carmelo.
    Agreed completely.