Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

Default Re: I was looking through some numbers when suddenly...

Durant not once.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    I don't think public shaming would work because it would hard for such an effort to get enough attention. If the NBA started putting up video then maybe, but I can't imagine they'd do something to harm the brand.

The fines are useless, because they're a drop in the bucket for stars (who have endorsements on top of salaries), and a lot more than that for lesser players.

I think if they start calling them technicals in-game, would definitely work if they're regulated properly.
    The nba does put the videos up actually. The athletes dont care.
    http://www.nba.com/video/channels/or...p-warning.nba/

Fines would work if they were actually large fines. But that will never happen as the players union will shut it down.

Euroleague does technicals I think. One problem is that the refs might call a technical on a legit foul.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    But you can only really fine somebody when your 100 percent sure it was an actual flop...you cant risk calling somebody out who was actually hurt/injured on a play
    Lol we've seen countless forms of direct, obvious flopping that went without a fine.

Someone brought up that Durant 360 flop on DeAndre Jordan. Sorry, but zero case can be made that that WASN'T a flop. Yet I don't think he was fined for it.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Lol we've seen countless forms of direct, obvious flopping that went without a fine.

Someone brought up that Durant 360 flop on DeAndre Jordan. Sorry, but zero case can be made that that WASN'T a flop. Yet I don't think he was fined for it.
    The NBA doesnt fine exaggerated fouls. Which is why so few have been given out.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Yeah that one should've been fined...but there are others that are borderline..

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    The nba does put the videos up actually. The athletes dont care.
    http://www.nba.com/video/channels/or...p-warning.nba/

Fines would work if they were actually large fines. But that will never happen as the players union will shut it down.

Euroleague does technicals I think. One problem is that the refs might call a technical on a legit foul.
    Damn, forgot about that.

I don't think it can be oversight then, either they're not willing to call ANYTHING borderline, or stars are getting beneficial treatment.

How would they implement technicals? Does the NBPA have to approve? Or can the director of officiating or whoever just decide they're going to start calling them that way?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Yeah that one should've been fined...but there are others that are borderline..
    Oh of course. But I've seen tons of them that were clear and went without a fine because the fine for flopping system is severely underused.

Damn, forgot about that.

I don't think it can be oversight then, either they're not willing to call ANYTHING borderline, or stars are getting beneficial treatment.

How would they implement technicals? Does the NBPA have to approve? Or can the director of officiating or whoever just decide they're going to start calling them that way?
    I dont think stars are getting preferential treatment actually. The few fines that have been given out has been given out to mainly stars.
    http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/fines.html#13-14

The problem is that they only punish 100% flops, not exaggerated fouls. Which is what people complain about usually. Like the Durant flop.

Im not sure how they initiate rule changes. I suspect a technical foul for a flop would only get approved if it could be replayed. Which take forever. The clear path replay is annoying as it is (and i suspect them to stop doing it in a few years) but taking time to replay a flop? Nah.

If they want players to cut done on flopping, they really need to start fining superstars as well. It's ridiculous how much all of them get away with with this rule/system in place.
    Suspensions, not fines, will really deter them.

Banned

Decent playground baller

I don't think public shaming would work because it would hard for such an effort to get enough attention. If the NBA started putting up video then maybe, but I can't imagine they'd do something to harm the brand.

The fines are useless, because they're a drop in the bucket for stars (who have endorsements on top of salaries), and a lot more than that for lesser players.

I think if they start calling them technicals in-game, would definitely work if they're regulated properly.

Who is they? The inept and corrupt refs can't get call regular fouls anywhere near consistently.

i don't know why they can't fine after the fact, even like a year later. someone needs to send a collection of bran's flops to silver and start a #finebransflop campaign on the twitter.

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    i don't know why they can't fine after the fact, even like a year later. someone needs to send a collection of bran's flops to silver and start a #finebransflop campaign on the twitter.

They should've handled it when #LeBroning went viral. You can't have the face of your game being mercilessly mocked by children - It's just not a good look.

Local High School Star

Almost all of his bad flops were before the league started fining floppers.

NBA All-star

he also had a 6 game streak of no foul